Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central Situation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been reading about this in like 3 different threads. Someone sum it up for me
(04-24-2024, 01:04 AM)Cerberus Wrote: [ -> ]Been reading about this in like 3 different threads. Someone sum it up for me
Same here. Been curious on this one also. The more I look back on the past few years, the more I feel like coach McAlarnis was done dirty by Perry. If it were me in her shoes I’d have my kids enrolled somewhere soon and show them just what a mistake they made. Kyra will be a huge loss for them and everyone says the younger one is going to be fantastic. I’ve never saw her play but that’s the word I’ve got on her. Unless Perry is planning to bring someone in who can bring some girls with them then it could be a long season for the lady dores next year.
Exactly why was she let go? Seemed to have success short of winning region. If that is why then when will Willis be let go for baseball, and what has Dixon done with football? Just saying, not talking down on them but if they are going to use that as a reason they better look at their other coaches.
(04-24-2024, 08:07 AM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2024, 01:04 AM)Cerberus Wrote: [ -> ]Been reading about this in like 3 different threads. Someone sum it up for me
Same here. Been curious on this one also. The more I look back on the past few years, the more I feel like coach McAlarnis was done dirty by Perry. If it were me in her shoes I’d have my kids enrolled somewhere soon and show them just what a mistake they made. Kyra will be a huge loss for them and everyone says the younger one is going to be fantastic. I’ve never saw her play but that’s the word I’ve got on her. Unless Perry is planning to bring someone in who can bring some girls with them then it could be a long season for the lady dores next year.
Well the 13th region is thankful for whoever running them off because rumor has it they are landing at one of the best schools in the 13th
14th Region teams are happy as well because they won't have to deal with her playing for Perry now and probably none of the 14th region teams. Perry always doing what they do best!!!!!!!!!!
(04-24-2024, 11:51 AM)shottaker23 Wrote: [ -> ]
Well the 13th region is thankful for whoever running them off because rumor has it they are landing at one of the best schools in the 13th
Not what I’m hearing.
Hear Perry already had a new coach selected.
(04-24-2024, 04:04 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]
Not what I’m hearing.
Okkkkkk so what he you heard lol. I heard straight from a family member’s mouth
(04-24-2024, 06:34 PM)shottaker23 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2024, 04:04 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]
Not what I’m hearing.
Okkkkkk so what he you heard lol. I heard straight from a family member’s mouth
I didn’t personally talk to anyone but was told by a person who talked to a family member and the school they mentioned was not in the 13th region. That’s all I know. Your info is first hand so it’s probably more credible. Mine is second hand.
It was more than just win and losses. There was a lot of turmoil there the last few years.
(04-24-2024, 10:48 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: [ -> ]It was more than just win and losses. There was a lot of turmoil there the last few years.
Like what? Wins and losses never did add up. Never could get the real reason though.
Yeah boy, lot of turmoil. LOL. Like what? They don’t even care about girls sports in Perry County. Where you been Tailback?

Are they gonna replace Andy Blank at Buckhorn for not winning? He makes the same amount as Perrys coaches do I hear. Oh it’s just Buckhorn, guess it don’t matter.
(04-24-2024, 09:25 AM)Bluecat Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly why was she let go? Seemed to have success short of winning region. If that is why then when will Willis be let go for baseball, and what has Dixon done with football? Just saying, not talking down on them but if they are going to use that as a reason they better look at their other coaches.
I agree with you 100%. If that’s their reasoning then they need to re-evaluate several sports there. I thought she done a good job, especially last season but Perry has been known to make some bone head moves along the way. Chalk another one up to that I guess you can say now.

(04-25-2024, 12:36 AM)Desperado888 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah boy, lot of turmoil.  LOL.  Like what?  They don’t even care about girls sports in Perry County.  Where you been Tailback?

Are they gonna replace Andy Blank at Buckhorn for not winning?  He makes the same amount as Perrys coaches do I hear.  Oh it’s just Buckhorn, guess it don’t matter.
I don’t know anything about turmoil but I do know perry lost probably the best player in the region. Stupidity gets you bit in the butt sometimes and I’m thinking this could be one of those. I hope she goes somewhere in the 14th and makes them pay every time she plays against them.
Good hire for PCC. Wonder if any players will follow?
(04-25-2024, 01:44 PM)Sportsmomma2 Wrote: [ -> ]Good hire for PCC. Wonder if any players will follow?
Who is the hire?
(04-25-2024, 01:44 PM)Sportsmomma2 Wrote: [ -> ]Good hire for PCC. Wonder if any players will follow?
Who did they hire?
They better hope the new coach brings some players. If the McAlarnis girls are gone they have ZERO talent returning
(04-25-2024, 02:42 PM)HollerRat Wrote: [ -> ]They better hope the new coach brings some players.  If the McAlarnis girls are gone they have ZERO talent returning
You didn’t tell any lies there. They’ve got some that try to be shooters but try is a big word when it comes right down to it.
(04-25-2024, 02:42 PM)HollerRat Wrote: [ -> ]They better hope the new coach brings some players.  If the McAlarnis girls are gone they have ZERO talent returning

They’ll be fine. They was fine before her and they’ll be fine after her. The Mcalarnis girls are tough but Perry will be fine with Lowe.
Any Neace girls coming up Tailback?
longtime letcher county assistant coach lowe new perry county basketball coach
Looks like Perry has there Coach
(04-25-2024, 08:31 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: [ -> ]

They’ll be fine. They was fine before her and they’ll be fine after her. The Mcalarnis girls are tough but Perry will be fine with Lowe.
Can you explain your logic on this one? From what I’m told the younger girl is going to be a star and we all know the older one is capable of taking over a game at anytime. Who else do they have? Not a ton of talent on that bench or walking the halls. Another reason why I feel like coach McAlarnis done a great job considering what all she had to work with. I wish the new coach the best of luck but unless she’s bringing some girls with her, they’re in trouble.
Word Is she will be the next coach at Pikeville. She would be one that a certain family can control.
(04-26-2024, 08:51 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Word Is she will be the next coach at Pikeville. She would be one that a certain family can control.
Incorrect. She is taking the girls up the parkway. Will land at 1 of the London schools. Wants to play where the girls will have some help
Well they couldn’t control her with all the Perry County politics then why would a certain Pikeville family be able to? Nobody will ever control her. Good luck with that. The lady played her best. Too bad RW and Viper didn’t have any kids that could have helped or they’d been playing. I agree with Tailback, Perry will be fine. They will be a below average team in a very weak region. They will win some games like Perry has been doing for years upon years. Amis girl sticks around and doesn’t end up in Laurel County she will help a lot. Lowe is a good coach and a better person. She will do a good job. Good hire I think.
FYI, here’s PCCs softball lineup and where those kids went to elementary school.

P-East Perry/Hazard
C- East Perry
1B - East Perry
2B - East Perry
SS - East Perry
3B - East Perry
LF - East Perry (Currently)
CF - Hazard
RF - West Perry (Currently)
DH - East Perry

Top Middle school pitcher - East Perry

Kinda puts things into perspective. Bobby Ratliff is a great coach. He don’t care where you are from. Why no interest from kids at the other schools? About the same way in basketball. Might be time for Middle School format.