Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County/Taylor County Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pirates up 8-3 in top 5. Powell batting. 1 on 1 out. 

KY 2A State Championship. 

Taylor County is 17-1 and has some nice wins including Madison Central, Lafayette and Tates Creek.
Taylor County also ranked in the top 5 in the state.
Taylor County gets 2 to make it 8-5 Pirates and they leave 2 on.

Top 6th we go.
Another run for Taylor. It’s now 8-6 Pirates.

If they lose this game it’s on the coaching staff. Begley is over 100 pitches and they are still keeping him in there. He’s getting hit left and right.
8-7. Just 1 out. Taylor still batting. Head coach is still keeping Begley in the game.
Just like that it’s all tied up. 8-8. 2 out.
Now he takes him out after Taylor battled back from a 5-run deficit to tie. SMH. He must have no idea how to coach a team…
Powell strands 2 on 2nd and 3rd. 8-8.

Bottom 7th. If Powell loses this game it’s on the coaches.
Extras we go.
Powell takes a 9-8 lead on a 1-out RBI single
Powell strands the bases loaded but was able to push one across and take a 9-8 lead.

Bottom 8th we go. Last chance for Taylor.
Be nice if you talked that way about crowe and his coaching abilities. I’m guessing the reason they kept begley in was because hated to bring sophomore into the game with runners on base. On game changer it looked like begley threw a lot of good pitches that wasn’t getting called and had to serve it up. Have to give the coaches credit. The head coach was in Florida and the assistant coaches had to coach. His daughter had national cheerleading competition. Someone in the program posted something about them breaking the stolen base 2a state championship record. I would have to say under the circumstances I think the coaches did a great job. There is a reason why Taylor co was ranked 4th in the state. Powell scored 9 runs on them and no one all year has scored more than 3. I wouldn’t have posted this but I was following your updates and nothing was mentioned after they won that the coaches staff did good just that they sucked. I think the coaching staff and players did awesome job.