Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UAB 79 - UK 76 - Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really wasn't surprised that they lost. I think they are gonna lose all games. I hate to admit it, but I do.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Guys do any of you understand this is a rebuilding year,Billy G knows it and he has even stated it. Expectations should be low, we have two player that can score with the ball, being Crawford and Patterson. Everyone should know this now, the season is not something to look into, Billy has brought both his programs back. Tubby left this team in pitiful shape. With Meeks and Jasper out their is no other scoring besides Joe and Pat. The rest of this team is no better than bench players, nothing against their talent. Ramel just plain refuses to play to his ability and he has shown that, so he doesnt start. The players that start are **** well earning their playing time.

You all are just going have to chill Big Blue will be back, it very well may be next year but we will return to glory! Patience is the key, it isn't a overnight job.

Go Cats!

Excellent post!
I think they will win 16 games this year.
:ChairHit: The way Pikeville College is playing right now I think they might want another shot at A Meeks-less UK.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Guys do any of you understand this is a rebuilding year,Billy G knows it and he has even stated it. Expectations should be low, we have two player that can score with the ball, being Crawford and Patterson. Everyone should know this now, the season is not something to look into, Billy has brought both his programs back. Tubby left this team in pitiful shape. With Meeks and Jasper out their is no other scoring besides Joe and Pat. The rest of this team is no better than bench players, nothing against their talent. Ramel just plain refuses to play to his ability and he has shown that, so he doesnt start. The players that start are **** well earning their playing time.

You all are just going have to chill Big Blue will be back, it very well may be next year but we will return to glory! Patience is the key, it isn't a overnight job.

Go Cats!

Great post.

I actually didn't watch the game today, I got a migraine and had to take a nap while the game was on. When I woke up, I called my dad and he told me the news...very disappointing.

I agree that it's still too early to put this on the coach. This team wasn't exactly loaded at the start of the year, and now they are missing 3 players who figured to play prominent roles in Meeks, Jasper, and Legion. In particular, I figured on Meeks being their leading scorer this year, so his loss has been especially painful. There are really only 3 healthy players on the team talented enough to be playing for the University of Kentucky (maybe four if you consider Stewart, who hasn't played enough to really know for sure). That's it. And two of the three have serious flaws (Crawford plays lazy, and Bradley still plays N.Y. streetball), leaving Patterson as the only truly special player on the team. It's hard to win when the fourth best scoring option on the team is Michael Porter. :eek:

Oh well. Maybe getting that migraine wasn't such a bad thing after all...

Go Cats!

Thank you. However, it is Joe that is the one not starting not Ramel. But anyways. I agree with your stance.

Go Cats!

rebuilding year .. well if tubby smith was still there we would have had the same record... Jasper want shoot the ball so when he comes back he will be a bench player.. legion an exellent 4 year player left the gillispie reshiem.. Im tired of my uk team always be seeming to rebuild.. wwpd what would pitino do? who knows but gillispie just isnt getting the job done maybe your right and i hope that you are when we get meeks and jasper back we may have a decent team.. but in all my yrs of bein a uk fan i never remember starting a season out like this what happen to the teams that used to be in lex.. like 96 97 98 99 01 02 03 those were some good yrs.. and of all the tubby smith yrs i never seen a 4-4 start maybe they will be back on track this yr but count to loses to florida two from tennesse 1 from lsu mississippi st vanderbilt ,louisville which is a maybe
we will be lucky to have a 500 season.. please tell me im wrong
Homer Simpson Wrote:rebuilding year .. well if tubby smith was still there we would have had the same record... Jasper want shoot the ball so when he comes back he will be a bench player.. legion an exellent 4 year player left the gillispie reshiem.. Im tired of my uk team always be seeming to rebuild.. wwpd what would pitino do? who knows but gillispie just isnt getting the job done maybe your right and i hope that you are when we get meeks and jasper back we may have a decent team.. but in all my yrs of bein a uk fan i never remember starting a season out like this what happen to the teams that used to be in lex.. like 96 97 98 99 01 02 03 those were some good yrs.. and of all the tubby smith yrs i never seen a 4-4 start maybe they will be back on track this yr but count to loses to florida two from tennesse 1 from lsu mississippi st vanderbilt ,louisville which is a maybe
we will be lucky to have a 500 season.. please tell me im wrong

You are wrong :thumpsup: ..... I will say that we will pull it together toward the end of the year and make at least one upset. Therefore I think that we will be around 2-4 games over .500. Granted this is with us getting Meeks back in a couple of weeks and also with this team acting and playing like a........TEAM!!!!
the thing with kentucky and its history is there should never be rebuilding years, only reloading years...the fans and the community expect a final four team every year..is that realistic? No, but its the way it is...every coach that comes into kentucky knows this, and they all think they can handle it until they get here...i think kentucky made a wise choice with Billy g., but if he dont start to get a little more intense during games the fans and administration will eat him alive...only being intense in practice doesn't work...you play like you practice, then you should coach in games like you do in practice as well...
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:I listened to the Billy G. postgame show. Man, what is this guy smoking? I wonder if he realizes the gravity of this situation. He just laughs and talks about how well UK played. Makes me kinda sick!

He must be smokn something. On the Billy G show he stated that Porter did a good job on Vaden and that Vaden's 33 points did not beat them. He has totally lost it, this guy is nuts.
Survivor Wrote:He must be smokn something. On the Billy G show he stated that Porter did a good job on Vaden and that Vaden's 33 points did not beat them. He has totally lost it, this guy is nuts.

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard thats the only thing that did beat them, well that and they can't score against a 1-3-1 defense, Im starting to think the Michael Porter is Billy G's illegitamate son, because its starting to get rediculus...
If...Then Wrote:Sheww another loss!

Billy Gillispie was supposed to save UK!

I guarantee that Tubby is up in Minnesota laughing his but off
enough about Tubby BCG is trying to clean the crap he left behind they are lazy and heavy footed.
michael porter should just quit.. i swear watching him play makes my stomach hurt.. the same way it did when that other dude played.. you know the guy who sucked really bad but could at least shoot the three.. man i really can't remember his name lol
I think it's funny Tubby is doing well and Billy G can't get Kentucky to even look semi decent, no defense 90% of the time he doesnt switch up on d at all just lets it go the whole game doesn't press nothing, and not to mention the offense is really really bad. They got lucky by hitting some 3's or this game would of been worse.
Not luck, its skill
Pages: 1 2