Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Campbell County 43 Newport 40 (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final Campbell will take on Harlan County on Friday at 6:00pm.
The Camels were led by Broc Sorgenfrei with 12 and Garyn Jackson with 11. The Wildcats were led by James Turner with 14 Jabari Covington with 11 points. Campbell improves to 27-6 and Newport finishes a great season at 32-4 and can only wonder what would have been without the Taylen Kinney hamstring injury. Congrats to the Camels a well deserved win!

I will say it looked like a foul could have been called on the last shot according to the radio guys I'm going to wait 4 minutes and watch it on the NFHS Network. lol
Was occupied with the Kentucky-Oakland train wreck and didn't get to see this one yet, but plan on starting it up soon.

Shaping up to be a very interesting tournament. Lyon County struggles with Ashland. Trinity and Evangel don't exactly set the world on fire against Pulaski County and Butler County. Great Crossing gets a good game from Spencer County. Harlan County knocks off a more athletic Warren Central team and Newport goes down.

The end result is about what you'd have expected if you'd known that Newport wasn't going to have one of the top players in the tournament available and at full strength, but it's been an interesting path to get there. I do suspect that, now that the first game is out the way and the nerves are gone, you'll start to see some of the better teams settle in and assert themselves.

Magoffin County will get blown out by Great Crossing and I think Lyon County zones in and looks better against Adair County than they did against Ashland, and though I think Trinity beats Evangel, both games in the night session could go either way and it won't exactly shock me.