Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Basketball & Baseball Overlapping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe I've not been paying attention but how long has these two seasons overlapped, seems unfair to the baseball kids/teams who are still be competing in Basketball?  Looks like Softball is the same.  I don't guess it matters.... Kids always need to be busy, so that's a good thing.
They shouldn’t start until the post season is over. Start baseball and softball way too early. So what they end in June?
They moved baseball season up two years ago. Baseball is a sport just thrown at the end of the year that doesn’t make the schools a lot of money and they just have it to give the kids a thing to do.
(03-19-2024, 12:07 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]They moved baseball season up two years ago. Baseball is a sport just thrown at the end of the year that doesn’t make the schools a lot of money and they just have it to give the kids a thing to do
I don't think this is a smart response.   Some kids live to play baseball as some kids live to play basketball. Whether you like the sport or not you shouldn't throw it off as sport no one cares about. Kids get scholarships to play collegiate sports in baseball as the same as every other high school sport.   And I can promise you that baseball is the only sport that has a 15th region players playing professional baseball at the moment and in the past.    Cant think of any professional players from the 15th region in the NBA !
(03-19-2024, 12:21 PM)Roncris8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2024, 12:07 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]They moved baseball season up two years ago. Baseball is a sport just thrown at the end of the year that doesn’t make the schools a lot of money and they just have it to give the kids a thing to do
I don't think this is a smart response.   Some kids live to play baseball as some kids live to play basketball. Whether you like the sport or not you shouldn't throw it off as sport no one cares about. Kids get scholarships to play collegiate sports in baseball as the same as every other high school sport.   And I can promise you that baseball is the only sport that has a 15th region players playing professional baseball at the moment and in the past.    Cant think of any professional players from the 15th region in the NBA !

That’s what I’m saying. The KHSAA don’t care as much about baseball as basketball and football so they just push it along at the end of the year.
It’s unfortunate because you have kids like mine who basically play basketball to have something to do until baseball starts. Luckily we are in Prestonsburg so postseason typically doesn’t matter or play a factor.  Big Grin
Old school I guess when I was in school you could play all three major sports and never touch one
another. Anymore they overlap until it is impossible to play all three, some coaches if they want a
particular player and he is an asset to the team, will move things around a lot in an important game
to make sure they have them available. I like all three sports but in this order, baseball, football
and basketball.
(03-19-2024, 07:15 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]Old school I guess when I was in school you could play all three major sports and never touch one
another.  Anymore they overlap until it is impossible to play all three, some coaches if they want a
particular player and he is an asset to the team, will move things around a lot in an important game
to make sure they have them available.  I like all three sports but in this order, baseball, football
and basketball.

Basketball being last would never work because of how much kids do AAU now