Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell 74 Owsley 32
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what was the score.... And how did both teams do ?
I think that powell won 74 -32 .
Wow Nice win for Powell ...But bad loss for the Owls .... I think that settled all the talk back and forth last night.... Do you all know the stats for the teams?
For Powell the leading scorers were Barnett and Lacy with 16. Rogers had 15 and Mcfarland had 14.
Wow where was jones during all this ?
Canttopthis Wrote:Wow where was jones during all this ?
She didn't play because of an injury.
Owsley got it handed to them and then some. I am a surprised by this score. I suppose Powell is the best team in the district by a good margin. Owsley was 2-0 with wins at Estill and at home against Lee. If Powell can blow them out like this, then the district should be a breeze too.
WOW ... Powell must have had a good game... If there leader jones was out that mean powell was defantly underrated and owsley was overrated
Canttopthis Wrote:WOW ... Powell must have had a good game... If there leader jones was out that mean powell was defantly underrated and owsley was overrated
Fairly good observation.Big Grin
But i thought Owsley was winning districs and there aint no doubt about it
Canttopthis Wrote:But i thought Owsley was winning districs and there aint no doubt about it
No, that post was made by a Powell fan, 14th Champ:

"Powell will win districts ain't no doubt about it"
But i thought Candi combs said that on WYMT
Canttopthis Wrote:But i thought Candi combs said that on WYMT
She might have. I didn't see the program. Kids are kids, though. They will say things sometimes to pump their team up. But it didn't work here. Powell let the air out of the Owls' tires.
However, Owsley is still 2-1 in the district, and no one will win the championship until March. One bad game can get a team rolling in the right direction sometimes.
I was defiantly shocked by the outcome of this game. Seems like the Lady Owls just didn't want it bad enough, or they just couldnt get it together. I'm still a proud Lady Owls supporter, stick in their girls, I know you'll bounce back from this loss.

Congrats Powell for the win.
Congrats Powell. Way to play good ball.
WEll all i got to say is good win by powell
Congrats Powell
powell has a good team but they are beatable. if the lady owls had kept their heads, played the defense that i know they can they could have given the lady pirates a better game and possibly beaten them. they really need to get back to the team ball they use to play, that's what will win games, not one or two people. congrats on the win the powell. and stick in there lady owls, you'll get it back together, we have faith in you.
GREAT game powell.
Owsley need to get in the groove. Coaches as well. This team is not 35 points worse than Powell. Get these girls in shape, make them play as a team, and you have an outside chance to win the district. Move the Combs girl to the center position, that's where she will be most productive. Cut down on turnovers. There's still hope, and there's time to do something about it.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Owsley need to get in the groove. Coaches as well. This team is not 35 points worse than Powell. Get these girls in shape, make them play as a team, and you have an outside chance to win the district. Move the Combs girl to the center position, that's where she will be most productive. Cut down on turnovers. There's still hope, and there's time to do something about it.

I agree they are a very good and athletic team ...they just need to get there heads on stright and get back in to the old style basketball they use to play
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:No, that post was made by a Powell fan, 14th Champ:

"Powell will win districts ain't no doubt about it"

Yeah i was being sarcastic. Now would anyone agree that Owsley would have a hard time against Bryan Station? LOL....:Thumbs:
14th Champ Wrote:Yeah i was being sarcastic. Now would anyone agree that Owsley would have a hard time against Bryan Station? LOL....:Thumbs:
You've got my vote champ. :rockon:
Canttopthis Wrote:Wow where was jones during all this ?
Stress fracture in her foot caused her to be sidelined this game and a few more to come. Powell will still be tough to beat without her though. I see them making a big run for the region title this year!!!:rockon:
Godspeed Wrote:Stress fracture in her foot caused her to be sidelined this game and a few more to come. Powell will still be tough to beat without her though. I see them making a big run for the region title this year!!!:rockon:
I don't that happening. They don't match up with Perry or Breathitt. If they make it out of the district though, it will be a first for that district.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I don't that happening. They don't match up with Perry or Breathitt. If they make it out of the district though, it will be a first for that district.
I meant to post "If they make it out of the region".