Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central vs Magoffin County (Sweet 16 First Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This should be a good game.  Either a 14th or 15th team will make the elite 8. Give my thoughts on this game.  Here we go:

I think magoffin county has too much size for Perry down low, so if this becomes a physical inside battle then edge to magoffin, if Perry had that one long athletic kid to offset Magoffin, then this could be very different but we have to play with what we got. Now I do think Perry shoots the ball better, so if it’s a up and down shootout, I give the edge to Perry .  

Both teams have a big 3 kinda and it will come down to which 3 play the best magoffin has Barnett , the 2 Whitaker boys and Perry has Woods, Slone, and castle.  I think those matchups will be what keeps the teams close, but the role players for both teams will be deciding factor.  And Perry has to rebound and limit Magoffin to one shot and done, and that goes back to Perry not having that one big kid down there that could go snatch every rebound above the rim!   If and I say if Perry does get by Magoffin, not having the lengthy athletic kid against great crossing will show early and often.    Either way good luck to both teams and go PCC.  Every one have a blessed day!
Pulling for Magoffin County
I like Perry in this one. To me Barnett is the difference maker and I’m thinking Shannon, while not stopping him, will slow him down enough to keep it close. Perry’s shooting will pull them through I think and they have been rebounding well.
Should be a good matchup. I’m going Mafoffin in a close one.
Perry by 5.
Rematch from the beginning of the season. Perry won that matchup 78-73. Idk how Perry has progressed since then because I don’t follow them. Magoffin is much better than they were in December, and if they play defense like they did in Regions, they’re gonna be tough.
(03-18-2024, 10:15 AM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]Rematch from the beginning of the season. Perry won that matchup 78-73. Idk how Perry has progressed since then because I don’t follow them. Magoffin is much better than they were in December, and if they play defense like they did in Regions, they’re gonna be tough.
Perry struggled a lot since then, Beverly quit, and we don’t have a ton of depth.  We did start playing good on the region though, our biggest problem is size, we don’t the long athletic kid that most teams have, but we will see how it goes.
Gotta go with Magoffin in this one. This Perry team gotta be the weakest representative of the 14th region in a long long time.
Magoffin by 3
Magoffin by 10.
(03-18-2024, 02:22 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]Magoffin by 10.
Lol. There’s ole sticky.  Looks like Perry done it again.  And does this mean Perry is automatically the favorite next year?  Lol

(03-18-2024, 02:34 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]
Lol. There’s ole sticky.  Looks like Perry done it again.  And does this mean Perry is automatically the favorite next year?  Lol
But I will say this sticky, you all at Leslie got a complete stud in Noah Kilburn, he will help the football team win district and make a playoff run and ive heard Noble has already talked to him about playing basketball and Noah said he’d play.  So I look for Leslie to compete for a region title next year.
As hot as Barnett has been in the post-season I personally don't see anyone on Perry's team slowing him down. I do think this will be a close game though, Hornets by 5.
Pretty cool story with the castles in this one. Perry’s best player is the nephew of magoffin head coach. I think unc gets it done. MC by 7
Excited to watch this 
Even though we are not in it 
Nice to see Coach castle and his nephew playing in Rupp 

Dores by 6

But I will say this sticky, you all at Leslie got a complete stud in Noah Kilburn, he will help the football team win district and make a playoff run and ive heard Noble has already talked to him about playing basketball and Noah said he’d play.  So I look for Leslie to compete for a region title next year.
I knew you missed me JF lol. I guess that depends on who Perry is bringing back next year.  Smile

Perry will give it heck, but Barnett is a beast and I think he'll be too much for the dores.
Perry is playing good basketball especially on the defensive side. I'll take Perry in a close one.
Dores, Magoffin has a really talented player, but PCC is the hot team right now firing on all cylinders.
Hate round 2 will be GC.
(03-19-2024, 08:07 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]

Jet fighter back with his delusions on kilburn being a star basketball player after never playing a min of jv or varsity. I just have one question for you do you really think Noah can stop or score on players like sperry gross from breathitt Creech an flinchum from wolfe eversole an Caudill from hazard an if you say yes to any of those you need to run by the hazard hospital an have your head check all of those boys are 20xs the player noah is cause the boy doesn't play an he doesn't train is he a beast at football maybe buy I believe sperry has him beat there as well
(03-19-2024, 07:22 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2024, 08:07 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]

Jet fighter back with his delusions on kilburn being a star basketball player after never playing a min of jv or varsity. I just have one question for you do you really think Noah can stop or score on players like sperry gross from breathitt Creech an flinchum from wolfe eversole an Caudill from hazard an if you say yes to any of those you need to run by the hazard hospital an have your head check all of those boys are 20xs the player noah is cause the boy doesn't play an he doesn't train is he a beast at football maybe buy I believe sperry has him beat there as well
Yes 100% he could score on any of them. Those kids you mentioned are great offensively but they are not lock down defenders. Shoot the current kids at pcc scored on those kids and teams, Noah can score the ball, I’ve watched him play.  Just wish he would have stayed here at pcc, for football and basketball but Leslie got a dandy..

(03-18-2024, 12:58 PM)Wildcat100 Wrote: [ -> ]Gotta go with Magoffin in this one.  This Perry team gotta be the weakest representative of the 14th region in a long long time.
So if Perry wins, does that make magoffin the weakest representative from the 15th in a long long time?
I hate to upset ya turnip cart jet fighter but I've seen noah at some park league games his dribbling is middle school level at best so he isn't going to be able to drive the ball his 3 point shot is some where around 20% at best an that's in park league. He rebounded a little but it's different in varsity no way he can handle a box out or out rebound eversole or Terry that kid just can't play ball except in your deluded mind. And it's not going to take a lock down defender to stop him cause he ain't that good can't wait for ball season so when those boys but good ol hurting on him you shut up
Perry is up 25-19 at halftime.