Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2024 Corbin Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
8/23 (H) Pikeville Pigskin Classic
8/30 (@) North Hardin Garrard Bowl
9/6 (H) Lexington Catholic
9/13 (H) Pulaski County
9/20 (@) Frederick Douglass
9/27 (H) Hazard
10/4 (@) Johnson Central
10/11 (H) Letcher County Central
10/18 (@) Whitley County
10/25 (@) Perry County Central
(03-15-2024, 05:34 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]8/23 (H) Pikeville Pigskin Classic
8/30 (@) North Hardin Garrard Bowl
9/6 (H) Lexington Catholic
9/13 (H) Pulaski County
9/20 (@) Frederick Douglass
9/27 (H) Hazard
10/4 (@) Johnson Central
10/11 (H) Letcher County Central
10/18 (@) Whitley County
10/25 (@) Perry County Central

Bull, what do you see, record-wise , my friend?
I'm not Bull, but I see a 10-0 season
Federick Douglass will be looking to get back that loss last season as Corbin will be on the road in that one. Pikeville will no doubt be a good one. Its early and that is a tone setter for the season. Corbin will have to thread the needle offensively though. Lexington Catholic is always a tuff team. But they lost that QB they have had for a while and someone else will have to step up for them. It could be a shootout but it's at Corbin. The other big game is Johnson Central. That is on the road and as I remember, Corbin lost the last time we were in that part of Kentucky. I think These are the 4 games to keep an eye on. The key for Corbin for this coming year is to set the tone offensively in every game and they have the right QB to do so. I think Corbin will be fine offensively. I just want to see how that defense looks. Corbin takes a hit this season and will be young in a lot of positions. I think Corbin has a good season. I don't see 10-0. I'm hearing this year's Frederick Douglass is a good one. Pulaski had the coaching change and I'll need to see what they look like before I can say much about that game. But I have to give the edge to Corbin because of Elam. 

Corbin plays 2 of the 4 tuff games at home. 

I'm gonna say at worst case 7-3. Losses to Pikeville, Frederick Douglass, Johnson Central. 
Best Case 9-1. Loss to Federick Douglass on the road. 

* Corbin plays 2 of the 4 tuff games in Corbin. Corbin will be hard to beat at home. 
Thats just what I see based on my opinions. If Grannybear is right and they go 10-0, I aint shaving my head or anything.. Smile
(03-15-2024, 08:44 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Federick Douglass will be looking to get back that loss last season as Corbin will be on the road in that one. Pikeville will no doubt be a good one. Its early and that is a tone setter for the season. Corbin will have to thread the needle offensively though. Lexington Catholic is always a tuff team. But they lost that QB they have had for a while and someone else will have to step up for them. It could be a shootout but it's at Corbin. The other big game is Johnson Central. That is on the road and as I remember, Corbin lost the last time we were in that part of Kentucky. I think These are the 4 games to keep an eye on. The key for Corbin for this coming year is to set the tone offensively in every game and they have the right QB to do so. I think Corbin will be fine offensively. I just want to see how that defense looks. Corbin takes a hit this season and will be young in a lot of positions. I think Corbin has a good season. I don't see 10-0. I'm hearing this year's Frederick Douglass is a good one. Pulaski had the coaching change and I'll need to see what they look like before I can say much about that game. But I have to give the edge to Corbin because of Elam. 

Corbin plays 2 of the 4 tuff games at home. 

I'm gonna say at worst case 7-3. Losses to Pikeville, Frederick Douglass, Johnson Central. 
Best Case 9-1. Loss to Federick Douglass on the road. 

* Corbin plays 2 of the 4 tuff games in Corbin. Corbin will be hard to beat at home. 
Thats just what I see based on my opinions. If Grannybear is right and they go 10-0, I aint shaving my head or anything.. Smile
A lot better outlook than I have but Go Hounds, hopefully I’m wrong
(03-15-2024, 07:29 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not Bull, but I see a 10-0 season

You're a lot sexier than Bull, you blue-haired vixen. I hope your optimistic prediction for the Hounds in '24 is so accurate that I can call you Nostragrannymus.
Pikeville will steamroll Corbin in the opener.
(03-15-2024, 10:46 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2024, 07:29 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not Bull, but I see a 10-0 season

You're a lot sexier than Bull, you blue-haired vixen. I hope your optimistic prediction for the Hounds in '24 is so accurate that I can call you Nostragrannymus.
I just had breakfast with the six wise men and the Hounds future is a lot brighter now that we’ve picked up some lineman and a phenomenal RunningBack out of the transfer portal..
Who are the lineman and running back?
(03-16-2024, 04:46 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville will steamroll Corbin in the opener.
You like to bet. What do you want to wager ?  Cup of hot chocolate? Hot Dog? Pullrd Pork Sandwich?
(03-16-2024, 09:44 AM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]Who are the lineman and running back?

Four incoming lineman and one stud RB already offered D1
Pikeville will beat the Hounds.
(03-16-2024, 11:36 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville will beat the Hounds.

No they won't.

The two-year agreement with Hazard might cost the Hounds two state titles.
(03-16-2024, 10:19 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]

Who are they?

I wish they'd drop Hazard from the list. Hell, playing Pikeville doesn't even help the RPI. They're a great team but 1A looks awful on the RPI. I'd rather play North Laurel and Clark County opposed to two single A schools. I would also drop North Hardin like a bad habit after the stunt they pulled in week 2 this past season. I bet Rockcastle would play. They may lose the game but a game vs Corbin would be really good for their RPI. Plus, it'd be nice to play an old rival again.
(03-16-2024, 02:42 PM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2024, 10:19 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]

Who are they?

I wish they'd drop Hazard from the list. Hell, playing Pikeville doesn't even help the RPI. They're a great team but 1A looks awful on the RPI. I'd rather play North Laurel and Clark County opposed to two single A schools. I would also drop North Hardin like a bad habit after the stunt they pulled in week 2 this past season. I bet Rockcastle would play. They may lose the game but a game vs Corbin would be really good for their RPI. Plus, it'd be nice to play an old rival again.
I agree. Tommy and Dave haven't learned their lesson from last season. Corbin was the best team in the state last season. Poor scheduling sent them to Danville in Round 3. Had that game been here , Corbin wins and goes on to cruise to a state title. No reason for Hazard being on the schedule. Should schedule a bunch of solid 5A and 6A teams that you are confident you will beat. Schools like Hazard and Pikeville do a 4A school like Corbin no RPI favors.
Corbin should check out what Bell is doing and take notes. Last five years Bell leads the 13th region with 2 region titles, 2 state runner up finishes.

Hoping to pull Peyton Smith from Taylor County and Tremblay from Mad Central.
It doesn't matter how many times you say it Corbin was NOT the best team in the state last season. If you can't win on the road you're not the best. The best team in the state last season beat 3 undefeated teams the last 3 rounds of the playoffs, finished the season 15-0, and just got championship rings two weeks ago.
I don't know about all of the other games on the schedule, but I'll be surprised if Corbin goes into Lexington and takes down Frederick Douglass.
(03-16-2024, 05:37 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin should check out what Bell is doing and take notes. Last five years Bell leads the 13th region with 2 region titles, 2 state runner up finishes.

Hoping to pull Peyton Smith from Taylor County and Tremblay from Mad Central.

Id like to have 11 like the Peyton Smith kid.. Smile He's a gamer..
(03-16-2024, 06:53 PM)CC117 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't matter how many times you say it Corbin was NOT the best team in the state last season.  If you can't win on the road you're not the best.  The best team in the state last season beat 3 undefeated teams the last 3 rounds of the playoffs, finished the season 15-0, and just got championship rings two weeks ago.
How many times do you folks have to hear it? I guess Appalachian St was better than Michigan after they won in Ann Arbor. St. Peter's was a better team than UK?   Centre was better than Harvard?  The Diamondbacks were way better than the Braves and Dodgers, right?  Sorry, but history illustrates time and time again that the best team ofyen doesn't win a one-off game. Corbin '23 beats Boyle '23  eight times out of ten on a neutral field. Probably nine of ten ...
(03-16-2024, 11:11 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2024, 06:53 PM)CC117 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't matter how many times you say it Corbin was NOT the best team in the state last season.  If you can't win on the road you're not the best.  The best team in the state last season beat 3 undefeated teams the last 3 rounds of the playoffs, finished the season 15-0, and just got championship rings two weeks ago.
How many times do you folks have to hear it? I guess Appalachian St was better than Michigan after they won in Ann Arbor. St. Peter's was a better team than UK?   Centre was better than Harvard?  The Diamondbacks were way better than the Braves and Dodgers, right?  Sorry, but history illustrates time and time again that the best team ofyen doesn't win a one-off game. Corbin '23 beats Boyle '23  eight times out of ten on a neutral field. Probably nine of ten ...

But not ten out of ten.
So now it's changed from Corbin wins round 3 in Corbin to Corbin wins on a neutral field? Gotcha. Just like they were the best team in 22 on a neutral field too? You can have the other 8 or 9 out of 10 because the only game that matters is the one that was played. Corbin lost. Boyle went to 'the farm' & beat FD by 3 TDs to earn the home field. And outside of Campbell Field's home cooking, Corbin can't win the big game

70 miles N we're just gonna have to be content year in & year out being 2nd best winning the State Championship 4 years in a row & 12x since 99...
(03-17-2024, 01:04 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2024, 11:11 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

But not ten out of ten.
Correct.  Boyle was a very good team. They deserved the accolades. But winning 21-14 at home, with the help of three high hurdles and a QB/Punter running into a punt block doesn't exactly mean you were the better team. The Rebs had just one guy who , along with three high hurdle penalties  and a punt block, could beat a raging Red Machine like the Hounds. And he did.
8-2 at worst.
I sincerely hope the Boyle people don’t take the bait that’s offered above. We still can’t get over ourselves it seems. I think we should just play football, win. Not talk about other teams. The best TEAM gets the trophy, gets fitted for rings while the other fill the world with excuses. Being the winning team is always more than a single play, or player. 3 phases to the game plus coaching. Those 4 things have to work together. I prefer we admit we were owned and just try to do better next time.

8-2
IF QB Kid Elam returns 8-2 if not 7-3
And the Hounds had 2 guys that had they not had it would have been a much bigger margin than 21-14. We can what-if til next season. I'm game. Having kids out there playing in a game like that which basically was the state championship making the same silly mistakes repeatedly makes Corbin the best team in the state? Where's the discipline it takes to be a champion? Having coaches that allow that to happen repeatedly makes Corbin the best team in the state? And how about that gem play call on 4th down of Corbin's last possession? Again, from the best team in the state? Boyle may not have been much better judging by talent, but they did what they had to do - for two years straight- to win the game and get the ring. Their schedule allows them to be in those kinds of games throughout the year so when the pressure's on they're able to make the plays. The best team in the state isn't going to play a schedule of mostly cupcakes for home field advantage in the playoffs hoping they can squeak by because of home cooking.
(03-17-2024, 12:33 PM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]I sincerely hope the Boyle people don’t take the bait that’s offered above.  We still can’t get over ourselves it seems.  I think we should just play football, win. Not talk about other teams. The best TEAM gets the trophy, gets fitted for rings while the other fill the world with excuses.  Being the winning team is always more than a single play, or player.  3 phases to the game plus coaching. Those 4 things have to work together.  I prefer we admit we were owned and just try to do better next time.

8-2

This is simply NOT true!  Look around the world of sports and you see a myriad of examples every year in which the best team doesn't win the trophy.  Georgia was the best team in college football last year. The Braves were the best baseball team. UCONN was not the best basketball team but were playing the best ball the last two weeks of the season. Corbin was the state's best football team but Boyle had the advantage of playing in a friendly environment and three high hurdles help hand them a 21-14 win rather than a 28-21 loss. Boyle was a GREAT team and deserving of what they achieved. They were the state's second best team who hoisted the trophy. Second and third best teams hoist a trophy in sport every year.  Michigan(football), UCONN(BB), Diamondbacks(MLB) are all examples from just last season.  Add Boyle County(KHSAA football) to that list.

Viz, have you moved to Danville yet?  Or have you always resided there?  Smile
I don't consider it taking any bait I just kinda enjoy seeing someone from Corbin refuse to acknowledge the obvious. The 'best' teams find a way. That's factual. Did Corbin have the most talent? Maybe. But that's far from making a team the best. Go win one and maybe you get taken seriously OSH. Until then, 41 years is a long time
(03-17-2024, 12:33 PM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]I sincerely hope the Boyle people don’t take the bait that’s offered above.  We still can’t get over ourselves it seems.  I think we should just play football, win. Not talk about other teams. The best TEAM gets the trophy, gets fitted for rings while the other fill the world with excuses.  Being the winning team is always more than a single play, or player.  3 phases to the game plus coaching. Those 4 things have to work together.  I prefer we admit we were owned and just try to do better next time.

8-2

I've said on here and other places and to anyone who would listen, I think Corbin was the 2nd best team in the state last year behind Boyle.  I think Boyle and Corbin both beat Trinity and Bowling Green.  That game at Boyle was some high level football.  I was at the Danville game in '02 when Danville beat Boyle and ended Boyle's 47 game (i think) win streak.  I'm told there were more people at that game than at the Corbin game this past fall.  People who would know tell me this, but if there were I don't know where they would have stood.  What a rock fight.  Congrats again to both teams.  A lot of people are glad that Quisenberry only has one more year.  I'm glad Elam only has one more year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4