Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lyon County 58 Henderson County 44 (2nd Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. Lyon will take on a good Ashland team from the 16th next week at Rupp.
Lyon hits runs quicker than almost any high school team I've seen in awhile. They'll spread you out and take some deep shots, but staying in front of Perry, keeping Shoulders from ducking in to the rim, and trying to keep a hand in Reddick's face is tough.

I thought Lyon County struggled in last year's regional final against Hopkinsville, but this looked like a different team. Quicker and more agile (especially Perry) and I think Reddick has improved a lot. Watching their past two games, there are times where they hit 12+ point runs in under a minute and thirty seconds. Even if you are able to play even with them otherwise, those quick runs can bury you as you start burning through timeouts and getting out of what you want to do.

Maybe it's because he's in better condition, but they don't have to run Perry to death either handling the ball or running off of a ton of screens like they did last season.

All of that probably changes and they'll have to revert to some of those traits when the face the best of the best because they're still small and not at all deep, so I wouldn't favor them against Great Crossing or Trinity, but their draw sets up well to take them to the semifinals.

Anytime your path lets you avoid the 6th, 7th, 11th, or other top teams until the semis, that's basically all that you can ask for.