Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic 60 Frederick Douglass 50 (11th Region Semifinal)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Dunbar. Catholic will advance to the 11th region final for the 2nd straight season and stop the Broncos from advancing to their 4th straight final. Th Knights will take on the Great Crossing/Madison Southern winner on Tuesday, March 12th at 7:00pm. The future is still bright for the Broncos as they return their entire starting 5 and 7 or their top 9. Catholic played a very good game the Broncos cold shooting in the first half was too much to overcome. Congrats to the Knights I think that they matchup well with the Warhawks of Great Crossing. It should be a good game.
As expected, oh btw that’s my opinion. Douglass made a run, but they lost this game in the first quarter shooting only in the teens% and LC creating easy baskets and shooting lights out.
Fair to say that Douglass' season ended in a thud.

I seriously discounted how much Simpson brought to the table last season and/or there were also some things going on that are unknown to outsiders, because this was not the same squad that I saw in Rupp last season.

Douglass had their moments where they looked like the team I thought they could be (read: big runs like those against Lexington Catholic and Great Crossing) but they had WWWWAAAAYYYY too many stretches that just looked too out of control and lacking in point production.

Don't know that a peak Douglass would have resulted in anything different (read: a Great Crossing or Lexington Catholic championship), but I think it's fair to say that this season was a bit of a disappointment.