Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Favorite gun?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Everyone has a favorite gun... ya know? Its the one handed down through the generations... or that one of "Dads" that you're always tryin to get from him... or the one you killed your first squirrell with... What gun is it for you?

For me.. Its a .32 Colt, Police Positive Special... A cop used it in the 1940's, from Jenkins... and then sold it to my Grandpa, who then passed it down to my Dad, who then gave it to me. I've never shot it, nor do I particularly want to. It just sits in its case.. gets a nice cleaning now and then... and never ceases to make me smile when I look at it.

Then there's an old (somewhat new actually) Mossberg 600ET .410 pump that I killed my first squirrell with when I was 9. I wanted to use Dads Winchester 16 guage single shot breakdown... but he told me I was too young. Smile :flame:
I have a Smith and Wesson .45 that I've had for a while...but my favorite is probably my .50 cal or my 7mm that my grandpa gave me that nearly broke my shoulder when I was 15...lol
vundy33 Wrote:I have a Smith and Wesson .45 that I've had for a while...but my favorite is probably my .50 cal or my 7mm that my grandpa gave me that nearly broke my shoulder when I was 15...lol

great story!

nothing like a broke shoulder, and i'm supposing a 7.62mm? you said 7mm.. but i'm not familiar....
the first time i shot a .270... i thought... "its .050 bigger than a .22"... i was about 11...

after shooting it... i thought i'd never see 12.
7mm=.270...
vundy33 Wrote:7mm=.270...

:Hammer3:

Never start a thread that you don't anything about... I just figured that out. Big Grin
vundy33 Wrote:7mm=.270...
A 7mm is a lot powerful than a .270. 7mm is just lower than a 300m

Now a 7m is about the same as a .270
baseballfan Wrote:A 7mm is a lot powerful than a .270. 7mm is just lower than a 300m

Now a 7m is about the same as a .270

:confused:

Whats the difference between a 7m, and 7mm?

I had previously looked up a 7mm, and it showed a .270.... Would you care to explain?
ronald_reagan Wrote::confused:

Whats the difference between a 7m, and 7mm?

I had previously looked up a 7mm, and it showed a .270.... Would you care to explain?
The 7mm is just below a 300m and as alot of power. The 7m is about the same gun but as less lead size and very less powder. Don't really know much about the 7m but it is nowhere as powerful as the 7mm. the .270 is very good gun and is just below the 7mm in power.
baseballfan Wrote:The 7mm is just below a 300m and as alot of power. The 7m is about the same gun but as less lead size and very less powder. Don't really know much about the 7m but it is nowhere as powerful as the 7mm. the .270 is very good gun and is just below the 7mm in power.

When you say 300m, are you talking about 300 meters? Because there's a class of rifles called 300m's......

I'm terribly lost. But I've never heard of a 300m "gun" itself.

Anyone shot a 7.62 russian? Invented around WWII as 'tank busters'. Tough. Same caliber as the AK-47 and SKS. Its one heck of a gun. The sight on them is measured in miles (when adjusted). Sweet.....
ronald_reagan Wrote:When you say 300m, are you talking about 300 meters? Because there's a class of rifles called 300m's......

I'm terribly lost. But I've never heard of a 300m "gun" itself.

Anyone shot a 7.62 russian? Invented around WWII as 'tank busters'. Tough. Same caliber as the AK-47 and SKS. Its one heck of a gun. The sight on them is measured in miles (when adjusted). Sweet.....
When I say 300m I mean a 300 Mag. Its one of the biggest guns you can buy. They use 300m to shot whitetails at about 500 yards and drop them. Also they use this gun in Africa for their big wildgame because it is so powerful.

300 Mag. kicks on both ends (If you know what I mean)Smile
I love my 270 bolt action...
[INDENT]
[/INDENT]
model 12....dominates most of my areas shooting matches....i also like model 29's
Good ole "Chester 30/30". Just love this gun.
baseballfan Wrote:When I say 300m I mean a 300 Mag. Its one of the biggest guns you can buy. They use 300m to shot whitetails at about 500 yards and drop them. Also they use this gun in Africa for their big wildgame because it is so powerful.

300 Mag. kicks on both ends (If you know what I mean)Smile
The 300 Win Mag is actually considered a medium bore rifle cartridge. In Africa, when shooting the really big boys, the 375 or 458 Win Mag are more commonly used, they have some real knockdown power!
The 300 Win Mag is a great choice for Elk, Moose and Bear. But is really a little overkill for whitetail. And as far as 500 yard shots, less than 5% of the hunters out there could even hit a whitetail, let alone be sure that they make a clean kill. If you are not fully sure that you could take the animal with one well placed shot, then the ethical thing to do is pass and wait for a better shot.
Remington .270 or my Knight .50 Cal.
My favorite, a modern muzzle loader T-5 50 cal. MMl is the early Knights.
Remington 243 bolt action rifle i've shot alot but this is my favoriteTongueirateSho
s&w .500 big **** pistol browning 12 guageor my brother in laws 7mm
The Winchester Model 12 16 guage 30'' full choke is my favorite of the guns that I own at this time.
Pee-shooter....................

lol

I couldn't resist
30 30. Its a hand me down one of my favs
30.30 or my first gun, the good ole .410
My favorite is my Savage 30-06.
My favorite gun is the one I got on my 10th birthday and it was a .410 breakdown, I know it aint a powerful gun but is was just the fact it has passed down in my family for 3 generation, I just think that was pretty cool IMO
Super-Card Wrote:Pee-shooter....................

lol

I couldn't resist
I know what ya mean.
Winchester rifles model 67, Remington shotgun 870
My favorite gun is probably my Remington 306 with a high powered zoom scope and a bi-pod i got for Christmas a few years back, and my favorite hand-gun is probably a .45 Desert Eagle my Dad's had for 20 years.
My favorite gun is my Remington 742 30-06 I have hunted with for 13 years. My papaw gave it to me when I was 10 years old.
I will go with the 30 30 any day
Pages: 1 2