Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Super Regional
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So how exactly does this work? Is everyone in it? Whats the point in the district championships? Wondering if anyone could shed more light.
Not sure how to explain it myself, but if you watch WMDJ's Sound Off on Sports Podcast on their Facebook page, they can. Josh Mckinney does a great job of breaking it down!
If you can watch that, definitely do so. Josh had a projected bracket and all the details. Elimination games for the District Semifinal losers will be this week, and then the other play in games between the winners of those games, and the District Final runners up will be played Saturday.

If you win the District, you automatically move on to the Region Quarterfinal round, like always.
What is the reasoning behind doing this?
(02-26-2024, 09:05 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]What is the reasoning behind doing this?
15th Region is the Guinea pig. More teams playing in the region tournament equals more money. If all goes well, could see the entire state do it. Money money money.
Reasoning in theory is to get the best 8 teams at the Appalachian Wireless Arena and instead of the 60th and 59th having a crap team in the 57th and 58th could put a better team in there place. Now you don’t have an advantage either for a 3 team district is way it was told to me

Which could have been nice tonight if Thacker was out matched by there coach. he made no adjustments we was the better team clearly I thought . Mike will get the job done tomorrow tho and make sure we get a team playing in championship, take notes thacker. not saying he isn’t the right guy he just ain’t ready for big times, he needs go watch Mike #Bobcats4Life
(02-27-2024, 01:48 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: [ -> ]Reasoning in theory is to get the best 8 teams at the Appalachian Wireless Arena  and instead of the 60th and 59th having a crap team in the 57th and 58th could put a better team in there place. Now you don’t have an advantage either for a 3 team district is way it was told to me

Which could have been nice tonight if Thacker was out matched by there coach. he made no adjustments we was the better team clearly I thought . Mike will get the job done tomorrow tho and make sure we get a team playing in championship, take notes thacker. not saying he isn’t the right guy he just ain’t ready for big times, he needs go watch Mike  #Bobcats4Life
Buddy you sure do love you some Mike. Are you related to him or something?
(02-27-2024, 01:48 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: [ -> ]Reasoning in theory is to get the best 8 teams at the Appalachian Wireless Arena  and instead of the 60th and 59th having a crap team in the 57th and 58th could put a better team in there place. Now you don’t have an advantage either for a 3 team district is way it was told to me

Which could have been nice tonight if Thacker was out matched by there coach. he made no adjustments we was the better team clearly I thought . Mike will get the job done tomorrow tho and make sure we get a team playing in championship, take notes thacker. not saying he isn’t the right guy he just ain’t ready for big times, he needs go watch Mike  #Bobcats4Life
The KHSAA couldn’t care any less about the 15th Region getting the best 8 teams lol. It’s all about money.
Were do they play them games at
Not related just know a good Coach when I see one and don’t wanna lose him after what we went through with Derek last season
(02-27-2024, 10:58 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: [ -> ]Not related just know a good Coach when I see one and don’t wanna lose him after what we went through with Derek last season
"Mike" needs to get his hands out of his Levi's Dockers during the game, and coach.