Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville vs. Dobyns-Bennett, TN - Farm Bureau Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Even though Pikeville has Belfry Friday night, this game is three days away. Pikeville plays against the winningest program in the country. Thoughts, predictions and comments welcome.
Should be an excellent test of Pikeville's skills.

Good luck Panthers!
It will be a good opportunity for alot of people to see for the 1st time if Adams has improveed his game any...
The King Wrote:It will be a good opportunity for alot of people to see for the 1st time if Adams has improveed his game any...

I'd like to see Adams go up against someone his size, and see how he does.
blackcat_student Wrote:I'd like to see Adams go up against someone his size, and see how he does.
Kingsport team has size .......
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Even though Pikeville has Belfry Friday night, this game is three days away. Pikeville plays against the winningest program in the country. Thoughts, predictions and comments welcome.

They may be the winningest program in the country, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are very strong right now.

Anyone who knows, exactly how good is Dobyns-Bennett? Are they one of the top-rated teams in their class or what?
More Cowbell Wrote:They may be the winningest program in the country, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are very strong right now.

Anyone who knows, exactly how good is Dobyns-Bennett? Are they one of the top-rated teams in their class or what?

They are 7-1 as of Tuesday night. One win by forfeit. Six wins by 28 points or more.
More Cowbell Wrote:They may be the winningest program in the country, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are very strong right now.

The only other thing I've heard about them is that their front-court starters are 6'6" 6'7" and 6'9"-----not entirely sure if thats correct, but if it is, needless to say, Pikeville will have trouble.
Pikeville has no chance!! DB is loaded!! Pikeville got the worst draw of the event!
I think this will be a good test for Devan Adams, good luck to Pikeville, is Daniel Harmon playing?
I dont think it will be a blow out, it will be tough, but this pikeville team plays with a lot of heart and intesity
Any player for this team who has strength probley will push adams all over that court....if there is on fault to adams to me would be his strength.
Adams isn't the strongest or fastest big man ever but he has a good sense of finding and getting to the ball, he will score in this game, but his defense will be a factor for the game.
hillbilly Wrote:They are 7-1 as of Tuesday night. One win by forfeit. Six wins by 28 points or more.

I wasn't trying to say that Dobyns-Bennett wasn't good, just that I didn't know. Have they played any Kentucky teams that we could use to draw some comparisons to?
This will truely test Pikevilles ability to play against awsome competition and it will be a tough, cant wait to watch. As of rightnow Daniel isnt playing, but last year he came out in January and made up for tall the practices we willjust have to ait and see.
Good Luck Panthers!
williams, imo is one of the top coaches in region. should have pikeville ready. clevenger may shine.
I don't see Pikeville winning this one, but i sure am rooting for them.

uk96

Dont know anything about the TN team but hope the mountain team wins...
uk96 Wrote:Dont know anything about the TN team but hope the mountain team wins...

Im with ya! I dont know anything about DB so Go Panthers!
Pikeville will play there hearts out no question about it. But they will lose due to their lack of size.