Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 77 Breathitt 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hazard 77.   Breathitt 58. 

What a joke by the Bobcats. What kind of coach lets a player get a technical and not do anything to him. That’s what’s wrong with these players. No discipline and NO control what so ever.
Looks like Hazard may run through the region tournament this year.
Breathitt hasn’t improved much since December. Hazard will win this region pending injuries and sickness.
(02-18-2024, 01:02 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt hasn’t improved much since December. Hazard will win this region pending injuries and sickness.

I’ve said it before, outside of Sperry and Bellamy Breathitt just isn’t real good. Sperry is going to get his points and give a whole lot of attitude and the Breathitt fans is going to talk about how everyone is out to get him.  Contain him and stop everyone else and they are very beatable by anyone in the region. Region is Hazards to lose.
(02-18-2024, 01:17 AM)Bulldog19 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-18-2024, 01:02 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt hasn’t improved much since December. Hazard will win this region pending injuries and sickness.

I’ve said it before, outside of Sperry and Bellamy Breathitt just isn’t real good. Sperry is going to get his points and give a whole lot of attitude and the Breathitt fans is going to talk about how everyone is out to get him.  Contain him and stop everyone else and they are very beatable by anyone in the region. Region is Hazards to lose.
That’s because Breathitt has NO coaches at all on that bench. If you don’t control those attitudes then you have nothing at all. The truth is if big Al was coaching Breathitt they would win the region and everyone reading this post knows it too. Back when season started and Breathitt won a few games it was because they had such great players and a great coach and a great team and they were better than last year’s team. Soon as coaches started scouting and showing Breathitt true weakness it’s because they are just not very good. No it’s because they don’t have NO coaches on the bench at all and NO discipline and control over players.
(02-18-2024, 09:48 AM)Gladiator Man Wrote: [ -> ]

That’s because Breathitt has NO coaches at all on that bench. If you don’t control those attitudes then you have nothing at all. The truth is if big Al was coaching Breathitt they would win the region and everyone reading this post knows it too. Back when season started and Breathitt won a few games it was because they had such great players and a great coach and a great team and they were better than last year’s team. Soon as coaches started scouting and showing Breathitt true weakness it’s because they are just not very good. No it’s because they don’t have NO coaches on the bench at all and NO discipline and control over players.

I agree to a point, but if you sit the attitudes down and bench them you still lose because the bench isn’t deep either. So it’s lose with the bad attitudes and the parents on social media talking about how bad he gets treated OR LOSE with kids that’s just not ready to play varsity minutes. These attitudes didn’t come overnight, they were there the last couple years too but you had a much more solid and deeper team so you didn’t notice it near as bad. All that trash talking a select few does there’s just no place for it. Do I think Honeycutt is a great coach? No. But I don’t think he should shoulder all the blame. 
Maybe someone can answer this question? What kind of program hires assistant coaches to sit on the bench and sit is all they bring to the table other than being related to the players on the team is the only reason they are on the bench. That’s why this program is a complete joke and always will be.

No way in hell is this team better than last years team. Not even 20 points close to last years team. Only player they have that has any consistency is sperry. Hamilton and Bellamy hasn’t done crap. The bigs aren’t very good either. At this point I’d just put in Collins and Stallord and hope they are hitting or get hot at tournament time is their best hope

Honeycutt has done great this only one returning starter. Don’t count them out !!!
If Honeycutt or whoever else they hire tries to reign in sperrys attitude the breathitt fans are going to throw a fit an Honeycutt is one an done. I don't think he's allowed to reprimand the players the way they should be out of fear of the parents an the board firing him. Sperry attitude continues to get worse an according to some he isn't maintaining grades to even get into some of the d1 schools. Rumor mill in breathitt is also churning with some offers being rescinded due to his attitude on the court again just rumors but I wonder if there may be some truth in those rumors!
(02-18-2024, 07:44 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: [ -> ]If Honeycutt or whoever else they hire tries to reign in sperrys attitude the breathitt fans are going to throw a fit an Honeycutt is one a done. I don't think he's allowed to reprimand the players the way they should be out of fear of the parents a the board firing him. Sperry attitude continues to get worse an according to some he isn't maintaining grades to even get into some of the d1 schools. Rumor mill in breathitt is also churning with some offers being rescinded due to his attitude on the court again just rumors but I wonder if there may be some truth in those rumors!
I can tell you one thing if he don’t rein them in he just as well quit today anyways. Do you or anyone else think for one second that the younger players and even the 6th and 7th and 8th grade athletes aren’t watching this complete shambles of a program. With NO discipline NO consequences for any actions at all. Just do as you  please and it’s ok. I cannot believe the referees has let him go this long. This program is a complete shambles and is just like a train out of control just wait and watch it derail!
Where’s slim one or badger? You boys are going to be in deep trouble talking about the golden boy. Breathitt is done. I think it was badger a month or so ago that called me out and told me to start a thread around Valentine’s Day about breathitt. Breathitt only has one decent player and his attitude screws that up for him. I’m not cutting on Honeycutt as he doesn’t have much to work with.

Every game sperry gets a tech or something happens with him. Against hazard he just couldn’t refrain that mouth on several occasions. He’s been suspended two games this year and several techs. But according to his mom and other family members, peoples picking on him. I think people are finally seeing what I’ve been saying for a few years. Not gloating. He has time to clean that up and just play ball. His mother is the problem as I see it. Slim one is definitely close family as they are always defending his behavior
Bringing this topic to this thread because I made it in a football thread. It was mentioned that Sperry will win POY in the 14th. I feel Hazard's Eversole should be front runner. Kid is hard nosed and just plays.
Caudill boy from hazard
Caudill is definitely a candidate as well.
Regions player of the year has to be a senior
-None of Sperry’s 9 D1 Offers have been rescinded, maybe check Knott County?
-Far as I know the Technical against Hazard was his first and only this year and announcer said it looked like he said “you’ve got to be kidding “ and wasn’t even looking at the ref.
-I think Coach has done well and Breathitt returning one starter has done better than one may have thought. Oh, and two of the assistant coaches are a couple of the best players In Breathitt basketball history. Anyone with any knowledge should realize that assistant coaches do their work in practice or when consulted during the game.
-The haters will try to engage but it’s a waste of time. Any sincere person would personally engage the coaches and people they choose to trash anonymously.
I always thought Sewell was way overrated. He really didn’t achieve anything as a player. Did they make it state the years he played. The round mound

And here folks is the problem with sperrys attitude. It’s not hard to figure out who slim one is. Honey please discipline your young man and tell him to play ball without all the antics.
(02-19-2024, 01:06 AM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]Regions player of the year has to be a senior
-Far as I know the Technical against Hazard was his first and only this year and announcer said it looked like he said “you’ve got to be kidding “ and wasn’t even looking at the ref.
-I think Coach has done well and Breathitt returning one starter has done better than one may have thought. Oh, and two of the assistant coaches are a couple of the best players In Breathitt basketball history. Anyone with any knowledge should realize that assistant coaches do their work in practice or when consulted during the game.
-The haters will try to engage but it’s a waste of time. Any sincere person would personally engage the coaches and people they choose to trash anonymously

Those 2 great assistants you speak of never achieved anything in their career at all. Me you and everyone in Breathitt and surrounding counties knows why they are on the bench and it’s NOT anything to do with their coaching ability! The great coach Honeycutt better get his team under control.
Only 1 technical for the year but you're choosing to not say anything about the suspension or tech given in the wolfe breathitt game! Oh wait I forgot it's always the refs fault an all the other players sperry plays against yet the only common denominator is sperry! Slim ya boy has had a bad attitude since elementary school an it was never corrected by coaches or anyone else because breathitt coaches are terrified to discipline a player afraid of the fall out from the parents! Everybody isn't just jealous of sperry again other d1 offered athletes have played in the 15th 14th an other regions an are never bullied an spit on the way yall claim sperry has been your excuses hold about as much merit as holey bucket does water!
I have never seen a team fall off the cliff like this team has. At the beginning of the season they were fun to watch and they played with a lot of energy. Fast forward to today and they play with zero energy and play like they don’t even wanna be there. As soon as they cross halfcourt they are looking to score. I’ve seen more offense ran on the playground than what this team runs. This by far is the worst defensive team that I have ever saw at Breathitt and one of the most selfish also. Shot selection is absolutely atrocious. I’d say Big Al just chuckles when he watches Breathitt play

To the above poster that said this years team was better than last years team, who dropped you on your head?
Give me a healthy coached Al Holland team everyday. That’s where I’ll put my money!!
(02-19-2024, 01:06 AM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]Regions player of the year has to be a senior
-The haters will try to engage but it’s a waste of time. Any sincere person would personally engage the coaches and people they choose to trash anonymously.
Not from breathitt, but he was suspended after the wolfe game, got a technical in Harlan, and i’ve seen multiple posts thru different threads about something that happened in that game. So no, it’s not his first offense.
Congrats to Hazard!

Breathitt have someone out?
I forgot POY went to a senior. That being the case, who's the front runner?
I figure it will be between sperry an eversole but ya also got Brandenburg an rose from powell an the kid from knott can't think of his name right off hand an possibly slone from pcc!

Omit sperry an eversole who are juniors an will be top contenders next year without a doubt! this year I think it will be the kid from knott but like up above I said there's slone rose Brandenburg an estill has a senior that's decent to
What happened with the Breathitt and Harlan game at the coliseum? Who canceled on who?
(02-19-2024, 08:48 PM)RockyRoad Wrote: [ -> ]What happened with the Breathitt and Harlan game at the coliseum? Who canceled on who?
Harlan County & Harlan City both cancelled for no reason. If I’m the head coach at Breathitt those two Teams would never be on my schedule again.
(02-17-2024, 10:53 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote: [ -> ]Hazard 77.   Breathitt 58. 

What a joke by the Bobcats. What kind of coach lets a player get a technical and not do anything to him. That’s what’s wrong with these players. No discipline and NO control what so ever.
Who got the technical? Is game ported  anywhere?

he got a technical against Wolfe I thought with that big brawl. Should’ve been ejected. Just sayin
He's had several slim one must have some kind of amnesia I can think of three harlan hazard an wolfe where he was ejected an those were all pretty close together but I'm sure it was the refs its never blamed on him an we are all jealous of him if we disagree with the breathitt fans it's always the same old thing with them
(02-22-2024, 03:05 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: [ -> ]He's had several slim one must have some kind of amnesia I can think of three harlan hazard an wolfe where he was ejected an those were all pretty close together but I'm sure it was the refs its never blamed on him an we are all jealous of him if we disagree with the breathitt fans it's always the same old thing with them
Just can’t stop yourself? No T or ejection from Wolfe game. A suspension came after review by KHSAA. So there has been two I guess. A few kids have that many. At least try to be accurate and maybe get back to promoting your own kid who kind of has some attitude issues instead of trying to tear down others.
Pages: 1 2