Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can Celebrities Influence Elections?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wondering about others' opinions on this issue. Thinking of Oprah really getting behind Obama.
thecavemaster Wrote:Wondering about others' opinions on this issue. Thinking of Oprah really getting behind Obama.

I think its very possible. Considering that the majority of voters are uneducated and vote only on popularity.... Its more like Homecoming King than it is the presidency.
I believe so. The average person watching Oprah probably doesnt follow politics closely and there opinion can easily be swayed by a celebrity. I think celebrity involvement also brings more people out to the poles that normally wouldnt vote.
What are the two biggest lies men tell? (1) "I don't watch Oprah." (2) "I don't watch Oprah anymore." ha ha With that said, even though I never watch Oprah, it seems from highlights I've seen that her "vision" of life, etc. is a bit wishy-washy, a sort of amalgamation of traditional values and new age spirituality, with a healthy dose of self-esteem = "god"... There is NO question that millions of folks, mostly women I guess, nigh worship the ground she walks on.
Gosh I hope not. When we start listening more to people who are popular because the can sing, or because they have a talk-show, or even worse "act" (pretend), we're in pretty bad shape. If im going to back someone because someone else does its going to be because they know what they're talking about. Someone who has been there before or who has a political science degree or something of that nature. Not because of anything else!
Worship? I think not!:mad:
thecavemaster Wrote:What are the two biggest lies men tell? (1) "I don't watch Oprah." (2) "I don't watch Oprah anymore." ha ha With that said, even though I never watch Oprah, it seems from highlights I've seen that her "vision" of life, etc. is a bit wishy-washy, a sort of amalgamation of traditional values and new age spirituality, with a healthy dose of self-esteem = "god"... There is NO question that millions of folks, mostly women I guess, nigh worship the ground she walks on.
Although I wouldn't mind getting the free gifts that she gives out on her show...lol