Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allen Central 80 Prestonsburg 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congrats rebels, any1 got stats?
P-burg was ice cold. I got a feeling that they will live and die with Jordan Hall from downtown and he wasn't on tonight!
Final.
well, I wish the best to Pburg..
Congrats Allen Central.
Watch out for the Rebs this year. They will turn some heads
Coach Johnny Martin Doing It Again ,look Out 58th.
Congrats Rebs.
ballcrazy Wrote:Coach Johnny Martin Doing It Again ,look Out 58th.
JM is a great coach. This makes it hard to explain the Betsy Layne game. Just early in the season I guess!!
Congrats AC.
Congrats AC
Way to Go REBELS!!

AC looked good tonight. The underclassmen are really stepping up and making good contributions. Crum had 21 by one account and 28 by another. Either way- he did a fine job. When the 3's weren't there for him, he drove in and scored. Good rebounding tonight for the Rebels also.

Keep working guys!! Let's get ready for The Raiders on Friday. Let's make it 5-1 on Friday.

GO REBELS!!
Congrats Rebels.

Prestonsburg just simply got outplayed tonight. No one could rebound the ball for the Blackcats, and shots where not falling for Jordan Hall. AC's Crum is one heck of a player, see's the floor well and hits the open jumper. Just too many mental mistakes tonight for the Blackcats. The only Blackcat that had things going well for him was Micheal Burchett, but if Prestonsburg could have one solid game with Hall, Burchett, and Tackett clicking at the same time then the Blackcats will be a team to watch out for. Once again congrats to the Rebels!

Next game for the Blackcats is @ Shelby Valley this Thursday night.
Congrats Rebs!
The blackcats came out on fire and led through the 1st quarter then after that went ice cold. Refs didnt make things better either with horrible calls especially 2 fouls called on Stevens for setting a screen. But thats how it is in the 15th region with the refs, they are terrible. But its only game 2 for the blackcats and they still arent in complete basketball shape so just give it time and when they get starter Austin Gearheart back i look for them to be the team to beat come district time. Congrats AC on the win.
Looks like Crum was hott and Hall was not. Great Job AC. Way to bounce back from the district loss at BL. Just keep your heads up Blackcats. Still very young into the season and some are still in football mode.
PittFan Wrote:Looks like Crum was hott and Hall was not. Great Job AC. Way to bounce back from the district loss at BL. Just keep your heads up Blackcats. Still very young into the season and some are still in football mode.
Most of Crum's points came when Taylor Clark was taking a break. But he is a good player.
Good crowd, great atmosphere, & the blackcat student section did a heck of a job. They had AC's student section doubled in numbers & AC was playing at home. That's what High School Basketball in Ky should be like everynight!!!!

This was a fun game to watch in the first half. The second half was a different story. AC ran away with this one. Crum played great! & the Crowder twins from AC are going to be a force in the 58th for the next two years. They are not afraid to bag with anybody. If AC continues to play the way they did tonight I think they will be the best team in the district by seasons end. Just my opinion!

Prestonsburg will be fine! This team hasn't had time to get it together yet. Their football players are still getting adjusted to basketball. I think they are capable of playing much better than they did tonight. They are a physical scrappy team. I thought Burchett was a bright spot for the blackcats.

IMO these will be the two best teams in the 58th district this year, but then I've been wrong before.
The blackcats also missed 12 free throws tonight. Worst they have shot overall in a while but if they make the shots they normally make it could have easily been blackcats on top by 20.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Good crowd, great atmosphere, & the blackcat student section did a heck of a job. They had AC's student section doubled in numbers & AC was playing at home. That's what High School Basketball in Ky should be like everynight!!!!

This was a fun game to watch in the first half. The second half was a different story. AC ran away with this one. Crum played great! & the Crowder twins from AC are going to be a force in the 58th for the next two years. They are not afraid to bag with anybody. If AC continues to play the way they did tonight I think they will be the best team in the district by seasons end. Just my opinion!

Prestonsburg will be fine! This team hasn't had time to get it together yet. Their football players are still getting adjusted to basketball. I think they are capable of playing much better than they did tonight. They are a physical scrappy team. I thought Burchett was a bright spot for the blackcats.

IMO these will be the two best teams in the 58th district this year, but then I've been wrong before.

Thank you for the compliment... We never gave up.
The blackcats just got tired and couldn't get back on defense. If Hall was hitting it would have been a different game but he wasn't, and that is that. Burchett had a good game with 24 points and probably close to 12 boards. The calls on Nat Stephens were terrible but I think when the Blackcats get in shape and rhythm, they will be much better. Congrats Rebs though.
Sounds like an exciting game for the most part. I was planning on going to this game, but ended up not being able to go. Congrats, AC for the victory. I have yet to see Crum play, but it sounds like he's not a bad player. lol Prestonsburg is always in the conversation at season's end. They'll be fine. Hall is a great player. Does anyone know how many wins Martin needs for #500?
Irish#1 Wrote:The blackcats just got tired and couldn't get back on defense. If Hall was hitting it would have been a different game but he wasn't, and that is that. Burchett had a good game with 24 points and probably close to 12 boards. The calls on Nat Stephens were terrible but I think when the Blackcats get in shape and rhythm, they will be much better. Congrats Rebs though.

It looked to me like Stephens was still playing football, give him a few games and he'll be where he needs to be. It can be hard to make the switch from football to basketball.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Sounds like an exciting game for the most part. I was planning on going to this game, but ended up not being able to go. Congrats, AC for the victory. I have yet to see Crum play, but it sounds like he's not a bad player. lol Prestonsburg is always in the conversation at season's end. They'll be fine. Hall is a great player. Does anyone know how many wins Martin needs for #500?

Crum is good. But when he faces any type of pressure he seems to not do as well. But if he is open then plan on putting 2 or 3 points on the board.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Sounds like an exciting game for the most part. I was planning on going to this game, but ended up not being able to go. Congrats, AC for the victory. I have yet to see Crum play, but it sounds like he's not a bad player. lol Prestonsburg is always in the conversation at season's end. They'll be fine. Hall is a great player. Does anyone know how many wins Martin needs for #500?

The Big Sandy News gave 2 different numbers for Martin last week. One article listed 498- which would mean AC's victory over PCC would have been #500. Another article listed it at 491, both articles were in BSN on the same day. Since nothing was said at the PCC game about the win being #500, I'll assume the 491 was the correct number.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:IMO these will be the two best teams in the 58th district this year, but then I've been wrong before.

If BL manages to get Newman back, then that statement may change, but I really don't see him playing this year.
Congrats AC....this game is proof that pburg has just one player and when you shut that player down then the team goes with it...ac did a good job defending pburg's guards and totally outplayed pburg....and believe me the refs did make bad calls but it went both ways so please guys dont use that excuse.
One of the best games I've seen this season! Congrats AC! I'm excited for the next match-up with Pburg
dixiechick08 Wrote:One of the best games I've seen this season! Congrats AC! I'm excited for the next match-up with Pburg

Allen Central won by 20...

What other games have you watched this year? Smile
LIPS Wrote:Congrats AC....this game is proof that pburg has just one player and when you shut that player down then the team goes with it...ac did a good job defending pburg's guards and totally outplayed pburg....and believe me the refs did make bad calls but it went both ways so please guys dont use that excuse.

I know when you say that when Prestonsburg has one player, you mean Jordan Hall. But Micheal Burchett scored 24 points last night, so your a little off there my friend. But when football gets out of there system and Austin Gearheart gets back from his injury, Prestonsburg will be a team to be reckoned with.

See you down the road Raider.
Unoffical stats from TALK RADIO 900/960/104.5FM

AC...
Crum, 28 points/3 assist/5-12 from "3"
H. Crowder, 10 points/10 rebounds
L. Crowder, 24 points/9 rebounds/11-15 from the field and had a ton of weakside putbacks all night.

PB...
Burchett, 22 points/9 rebounds/nice all around game for the Blackcats
Hall, 14 points/1-12 from the outside, hit his first "3" attempt and missed the final 11. There will better games Jordan, it's early in the year, hang in there buddy.

Prestonsburg 7-21 from the FT line. Allen Central 7-9 from the line.
Pages: 1 2