Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Great Crossing 75 Corbin 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Pineville per the KHSAA Scoreboard.

I don't know that I've ever seen a Corbin team lose by 50 or be held to 25 points while playing at a 13th Region venue in my lifetime.
Thoughts?
Are you sure the score is correct?

That's MY thought
This can not be right!
(02-03-2024, 09:14 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure the score is correct?

That's MY thought

Verified the KHSAA scoreboard's result with other media outlet's reporting. That is the correct final score unless there are a lot of people with bad info.
Something has bound to have happened
Yes the score is correct. Great Crossing was lead by Vince Dawson with 20 top player 7'0 Malachi Moreno only had 6 points he did have 20 rebounds and 3 blocks. Corbin's 2 leading scorers were Lucas Brittian with 7 and Zander Curry with 6. It was of course the fewest points allowed in Great Crossing's brief history.
This doesn't happen often, but I am speechless.
They may not win it all because the 11th Region and State tournament can be unpredictable…but Great Crossing is the best team in the state. Look at their record and who they’ve played from across this country!
I'll post my thoughts later... and you're gonna want to hear this!!!!
OSH you are NOT going to talk about student athletes (or women) in that negative tone on this board!
(02-03-2024, 11:43 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]I'll post my thoughts later... and you're gonna want to hear this!!!!
All I’m gonna say is I’m glad Crawford was sitting on bench or the Hounds might have only scored 15 points.
Corbin is simply not tough enough. They were intimidated from the get go. They have got to find it in them to be more aggressive and tougher or they won't make it out of the district. This is the third game in a row where they let the opposition push them around. Granted GC is very good but Whitley County and Clay County are not. The Hounds didn't compete AT ALL in this game. It was 30-6 before Johnny Crawford could put in his dentures. Corbin had 10 turnovers in the FIRST QTR. and 17 at the half(when I quit listening). They scored ZERO points in the second quarter, going 0-14 from the field. They were 4 for 28 (14.3%) from the field in the first half.
I mentioned one female in a previous post (and no Corbin athletes by name). What I said is that the little guard from Iowa is tougher than anyone the Hounds had on the court. Caitlin Clark would light up this Corbin team. She's as tough, hard-nosed, and fundamentally sound as anyone I've ever watched. Give me five of her (and kick 70-year old Johnny Crawford to the curb) and we'll win the region.
(02-04-2024, 11:27 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin is simply not tough enough. They were intimidated from the get go. They have got to find it in them to be more aggressive and tougher or they won't make it out of the district. This is the third game in a row where they let the opposition push them around. Granted GC is very good but Whitley County and Clay County are not. The Hounds  didn't compete AT  ALL in this game.  It was 30-6 before Johnny Crawford could put in his dentures. Corbin had 10 turnovers in the FIRST QTR.  and  17 at the half(when I quit listening). They scored ZERO points in the second quarter, going 0-14 from the field. They were 4 for 28 (14.3%) from the field in the first half.
I mentioned one female in a previous post (and no Corbin athletes by name). What I said is that the little guard from Iowa is tougher than anyone the Hounds had on the court. Caitlin Clark would light up this Corbin team. She's as tough, hard-nosed, and fundamentally sound as anyone I've ever watched. Give me five of her (and kick 70-year old Johnny Crawford to the curb) and we'll win the region.

My Colonels ain't too bad.. They're on the rise.  Very Angry
Whitley County has a good team. I don’t agree with the assessment of their talent in this thread .They have a 17-5 record.
yikes, I really wanted to go watch this game but had other obligations. I had figured this might happen after looking at Great Crossing schedule and national ranking. still proud of the boys, on to the next one. also, Whitley is a good team in my opinion after watching them play against Corbin recently too.
(02-04-2024, 11:27 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin is simply not tough enough. They were intimidated from the get go. They have got to find it in them to be more aggressive and tougher or they won't make it out of the district. This is the third game in a row where they let the opposition push them around. Granted GC is very good but Whitley County and Clay County are not. The Hounds  didn't compete AT  ALL in this game.  It was 30-6 before Johnny Crawford could put in his dentures. Corbin had 10 turnovers in the FIRST QTR.  and  17 at the half(when I quit listening). They scored ZERO points in the second quarter, going 0-14 from the field. They were 4 for 28 (14.3%) from the field in the first half.
Let me guess, they don't have any of those good football players playing basketball?

(02-05-2024, 11:49 AM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]
Let me guess, they don't have any of those good football players playing basketball?
Oops, thought this was the boys team.....should have read it all!
They are missing two of their football players who were expected to be key contributors. Carter Stewart is out with a nagging hamstring injury and Kade Elam is no longer part of the team. They could use those two. Corbin, like KY, is too damn soft.
(02-05-2024, 11:56 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]They are missing two of their football players who were expected to be key contributors. Carter Stewart is out with a nagging hamstring injury and Kade Elam is no longer part of the team. They could use those two.  Corbin, like KY,  is too damn soft.

Why isn’t Elam playing?
(02-05-2024, 03:08 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2024, 11:56 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]They are missing two of their football players who were expected to be key contributors. Carter Stewart is out with a nagging hamstring injury and Kade Elam is no longer part of the team. They could use those two.  Corbin, like KY,  is too damn soft.

Why isn’t Elam playing?

Good question. A lot of enquiring minds(or nosy @$$ people, like me) would like to know that answer.  He was on the roster before the season started. He's a big, strong, tough kid. The Hounds could have used him.
I would imagine because he's a major college baseball prospect. Someone also mentioned he may be a MLB draft choice, so that could mean a big payday in a year or so if that is true and he goes in that direction.