Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport 69 Evangel Christian 62 (All A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Corbin
This was a great tournament after the first round. There was great games yesterday and today. I was really impressed with Newport and Evangel.Both were well coached
Khsaa scoreboard has this Evangel winning 69-62.
(01-28-2024, 10:16 PM)daredevil4life Wrote: [ -> ]Khsaa scoreboard has this Evangel winning 69-62.

That’s wrong
(01-28-2024, 09:46 PM)insideinfo Wrote: [ -> ]This was a great tournament after the first round. There was great games yesterday and today. I was really impressed with Newport and Evangel.Both were well coached
I like this result.  Newport came to Corbin last season and played in the CFIT. Their coach is quite fun to watch.
Great tournament!
(01-29-2024, 06:49 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote: [ -> ]Great tournament!

Terrible setup by venue though.
(01-29-2024, 08:55 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not as bad as you make it out to be. It’s not Eastern or Western. But I enjoyed the tournament. There is not many places that have the parking, seating, and the lodgeing to host a tournament like this. 16 teams playing 30 games in 4 days is pretty
Impressive. I get it that the building is built for multiple uses.
(01-29-2024, 10:11 PM)insideinfo Wrote: [ -> ]

Not as bad as you make it out to be. It’s not Eastern or Western. But I enjoyed the tournament. There is not many places that have the parking, seating, and the lodgeing to host a tournament like this. 16 teams playing 30 games in 4 days is pretty

Just has nor environment to it. Players felt like at a football game where there's a track around the field so far away from the stands killed it for me. And there were players that would get hurt during the game and they had no medical staff on hand.  Usually tournaments have trainers or doctors that come out and check on players.  Pikeville had a player get hurt and a kids dad who is a doctor had to come out of the stands and access him on the floor.  Just little things like that for me caused it to go down in my likeness for it.  

Also, it being in Corbin is a terrible spot because who wants to go to Corbin? That's not a fault of their own though.
(01-30-2024, 12:18 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]

Just has nor environment to it. Players felt like at a football game where there's a track around the field so far away from the stands killed it for me. And there were players that would get hurt during the game and they had no medical staff on hand.  Usually tournaments have trainers or doctors that come out and check on players.  Pikeville had a player get hurt and a kids dad who is a doctor had to come out of the stands and access him on the floor.  Just little things like that for me caused it to go down in my likeness for it.  

Also, it being in Corbin is a terrible spot because who wants to go to Corbin? That's not a fault of their own though.
Everything you have mentioned is blame on the All-A, not the venue. The venue doesn’t provide medical staff for athletic events. There’s portable bleachers that are used for the region in the building that make the court much more connected, and sponsors usually fill the floor level with seats. All-A decided not to do that. I can rent out the arena for an event, but it’s not on the arena if i can’t plan an event correctly. 
Other than geographical location, what does richmond have that corbin does not? Rallys? Dunkin’ Donuts?
Just if the seating was closer to the floor at Corbin arena and an outside smoking area. These games get on people's nerves. You know what I mean. Other than that great tournament. Alot of talent
(01-31-2024, 01:09 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Just if the seating was closer to the floor at Corbin arena and an outside smoking area. These games get on people's nerves. You know what I mean. Other than that great tournament. Alot of talent

Well who ever does that failed
(01-30-2024, 05:52 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]Everything you have mentioned is blame on the All-A, not the venue. The venue doesn’t provide medical staff for athletic events. There’s portable bleachers that are used for the region in the building that make the court much more connected, and sponsors usually fill the floor level with seats. All-A decided not to do that. I can rent out the arena for an event, but it’s not on the arena if i can’t plan an event correctly. 
Other than geographical location, what does richmond have that corbin does not? Rallys? Dunkin’ Donuts?

I think you raise some interesting points, but to the bold:

To start-- around 30,000 more residents, so about four to five times the population.

Kids from Eastern Kentucky look forward to going to college in Richmond. Kids in Central Kentucky probably aren't looking forward to trips to Corbin.

Hats off to Newport for holding in against one of the tougher draws that anyone could have gotten.

Hats off to Corbin for stepping up and hosting when Richmond couldn't.
(01-30-2024, 05:52 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-30-2024, 12:18 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]

Everything you have mentioned is blame on the All-A, not the venue. The venue doesn’t provide medical staff for athletic events. There’s portable bleachers that are used for the region in the building that make the court much more connected, and sponsors usually fill the floor level with seats. All-A decided not to do that. I can rent out the arena for an event, but it’s not on the arena if i can’t plan an event correctly. 
I could go to town on that question. But I should probably stay home. LOL
(01-31-2024, 11:42 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-30-2024, 05:52 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]Everything you have mentioned is blame on the All-A, not the venue. The venue doesn’t provide medical staff for athletic events. There’s portable bleachers that are used for the region in the building that make the court much more connected, and sponsors usually fill the floor level with seats. All-A decided not to do that. I can rent out the arena for an event, but it’s not on the arena if i can’t plan an event correctly. 

I think you raise some interesting points, but to the bold:

To start-- around 30,000 more residents, so about four to five times the population.

Kids from Eastern Kentucky look forward to going to college in Richmond. Kids in Central Kentucky probably aren't looking forward to trips to Corbin.

Hats off to Newport for holding in against one of the tougher draws that anyone could have gotten.

Hats off to Corbin for stepping up and hosting when Richmond couldn't.
I mean I think it should be rotated every year to different places to give more experience to the kids. Bowling green, Corbin, Richmond, Pikeville, Louisville (bellarmine), owensboro, murray, etc have places to host it and it be a little different from just traveling to richmond every year.
Always a good day to see Evangel lose.
The tournament should be right in the middle of the state.