Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Mountain Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1.JBS
2.Shelby Valley
3.Corbin
4.Cumberland
5.Paintsville
6.Pikeville
7.Hazard
8.South Laurel
9.Breathitt
10.Pineville
This list will change more times through the season than College Footballs.
RavenBoy Wrote:This list will change more times through the season than College Footballs.

This list will change weekly. But in the end JBS and Shelby Valley will still be at the top.
That list will change throughout the season more than ne other list..
Chuck Taylor Wrote:This list will change weekly. But in the end JBS and Shelby Valley will still be at the top.
I think SV is better than JBS though.
RavenBoy Wrote:I think SV is better than JBS though.

Shelby Valley has the potential to be the best in the mountains. However they have peaked way to early in the past.
MVP2 Wrote:1.JBS
2.Shelby Valley

RavenBoy Wrote:I think SV is better than JBS though.

We will probably never know which team is better, since they don't play each other in the regular season. I think it would be really cool if the 14th and 15th drew each other in the first round of the Sweet Sixteen, so they could meet then (assuming they win their regions).
More Cowbell Wrote:I think it would be really cool if the 14th and 15th drew each other in the first round of the Sweet Sixteen, so they could meet then (assuming they win their regions).

Thats a very good assumption. Big Grin
I don't think SV is better than JBS...I'm just going on what I have seen from last year, I havn't seen them play this year.
Don't Forget About Paintsville And Pikeville Two Very Strong Teams Also.
Is JBS one A?
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Is JBS one A?
So small we could call it I-AA
Chuck Taylor Wrote:So small we could call it I-AA
SO couldn't Shelby Valley and JBS meet up in the ALL-A state tournament?
OnCeABobcat Wrote:SO couldn't Shelby Valley and JBS meet up in the ALL-A state tournament?

Yes, along with Elliott County.

Should be a very intresting All-A Classic this year.
blackcat_student Wrote:Yes, along with Elliott County.

Should be a very intresting All-A Classic this year.

I agree, should be a very intresting and exciting toruney!
I look to see valley and jbs at those tops all year....there just to good.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:So small we could call it I-AA
1-AA? only for enrollment, but for basketball they chose from mnay other players to build thier team
I think Elliot Co. should be up there somewhere
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I think Elliot Co. should be up there somewhere

Elliot will not be in the Mountain Top Ten all year long, no matter how good they do. WYMT only ranks teams within their viewing area, mostly the 13th, 14th, and 15th regions. It's not a reflection on how good they think Elliot is.
More Cowbell Wrote:Elliot will not be in the Mountain Top Ten all year long, no matter how good they do. WYMT only ranks teams within their viewing area, mostly the 13th, 14th, and 15th regions. It's not a reflection on how good they think Elliot is.

I know WYMT covers Sommerset from the 12th, South Laurel from the 12th (well now the 13th), & also Morgan Co. from the 16th. I wasn't for sure if Elliot Co. was in the WYMT viewing area or not.
More Cowbell Wrote:Elliot will not be in the Mountain Top Ten all year long, no matter how good they do. WYMT only ranks teams within their viewing area, mostly the 13th, 14th, and 15th regions. It's not a reflection on how good they think Elliot is.
This is true, but.... if they are truly going to have a "Mountain Top Ten", then it should have absolutely nothing to do with the TV viewing area of WYMT, it should have EVERYTHING to do with mountain teams, and Elliott County IS most certainly a mountain team, make no doubt about that. I've been there, and there are mountains.Big Grin

If WYMT wants to keep it the way it is now, then they need to change the name of their rankings to..... to:

The WYMT Viewing Area Top 10.
Good point!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I know WYMT covers Sommerset from the 12th, South Laurel from the 12th (well now the 13th), & also Morgan Co. from the 16th. I wasn't for sure if Elliot Co. was in the WYMT viewing area or not.
WYMT tried to include the 12th Region in its earlier tournaments. But the teams declined to play. However WYMT still allowed their students to earn the academic scholarships. The 12th was given an ultimative that they must play or their students could not receive scholarships. The 12th decided not to participate.
I think this list is pretty accurate.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:WYMT tried to include the 12th Region in its earlier tournaments. But the teams declined to play. However WYMT still allowed their students to earn the academic scholarships. The 12th was given an ultimative that they must play or their students could not receive scholarships. The 12th decided not to participate.

Thanks for the info. :thumpsup:
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I know WYMT covers Sommerset from the 12th, South Laurel from the 12th (well now the 13th), & also Morgan Co. from the 16th. I wasn't for sure if Elliot Co. was in the WYMT viewing area or not.

I said it was mostly the 13th-15th regions, but you're right that they have always covered Laurel County, even when they were in the 12th.

LOOKAYANNER Wrote:This is true, but.... if they are truly going to have a "Mountain Top Ten", then it should have absolutely nothing to do with the TV viewing area of WYMT, it should have EVERYTHING to do with mountain teams, and Elliott County IS most certainly a mountain team, make no doubt about that. I've been there, and there are mountains.Big Grin

I don't make the rules for WYMT, I'm just stating which teams they consider for their rankings. And that is only teams in the viewing area.