Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 105 Georgia 96
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. We shot the ball really well, but the defense is not very good besides 3 pointers the Bulldogs actually shot 24-38 for the game inside of the 3 point line.
Fire Cal
Offensively this team can make a deep run. Not sure if the defense can win a championship (hope it can). If they can tighten up on the defensive end and with the addition of Z they definitely can. Still a fun team to watch. The last 10 minutes were tough to watch as they put it in cruise control and Georgia made it look like a much closer game than it truly was.
Absolutely NO DEFENSE! That will be the killer for ky
I don't think I ever remember a KY team giving up 61 points in a half to a GA team(or any other SEC team, for that matter. Playing good defense is a lot about the "want to." This team, clearly. loves playing offense. They just don't seem to have very much "want to" to play defense. It will bite them in March and plant guy will blame Cal.
(01-21-2024, 02:25 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think I ever remember a KY team giving up  61 points in a half to a GA team(or any other SEC team, for that matter.  Playing good defense is a lot about the "want to."  This team, clearly.  loves playing offense. They just don't seem to have very much "want to" to play defense. It will bite them in March and plant guy will blame Cal.
And rightfully so if it happens. Cal is paid zillions to make his players "want to" play defense.
"Cal, why won't your guys play any defense?"

"I don't know."

While I certainly agree we need to better defensively—-isn’t it so much more fun to watch talented, high octane offensive basketball? For the first time in years, I’ve actually been checking the schedule for game times, trying to make sure I can be able to watch the games. I haven’t done that since the Fox/Monk/Bam team. At first it was just the curiosity of watching Sheppard play. But now, I’m just as focused on the game even when he’s on the bench. One bad shooting night as a team could definitely end our season in March. Or we could score 90-plus the rest of the year and win the whole thing. Either way, I’m all in on seeing how it unfolds.
(01-21-2024, 10:54 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: [ -> ]While I certainly agree we need to better defensively—-isn’t it so much more fun to watch talented, high octane offensive basketball? For the first time in years, I’ve actually been checking the schedule for game times, trying to make sure I can be able to watch the games. I haven’t done that since the Fox/Monk/Bam team. At first it was just the curiosity of watching Sheppard play. But now, I’m just as focused on the game even when he’s on the bench. One bad shooting night as a team could definitely end our season in March. Or we could score 90-plus the rest of the year and win the whole thing. Either way, I’m all in on seeing how it unfolds.

I agree. It's fun watching a team that can actually shoot the ball and have guys who actually want the ball and want to score in crunch time. From everything I've heard, Cal preaches defense and rebounding to these guys but, so far, we've really only seen quality defense in spurts. Nothing consistent on the defensive end. It might get to where Cal just needs to refuse to play any guy who doesn't give 100% on defense. Just sit him until the effort and results are there. I really think they miss Thiero's toughness and physicality. They are a very fun team to watch, however, and because of the entertainment value and the very high ceiling for this team, I'm all in.
I am 100% with you guys VH and OSH. All it takes (ever took) to make me happy is for us to be "in the hunt" for the SEC regular season title, SEC tournament championship, and FF/national championship. And this team is in the hunt for all of those. I am really enjoying this season, it seems like old times.