Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Broken bones?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How many of you have broken a bone in your body and how many have you broken? Tell us about some of your mishaps.Sad Big Grin I'll put mine a little latter.
I've broke just about every finger and toe from football. I also had a nice dislocated pinky on my left hand my junior year that Coach LeMaster popped back in for me, then in the Hatfield-McCoy game I dislocated my right thumb and it popped out of the skin. Thankfully Redneck was there to yank it back in place.
I broke my ring/middle and index finger on my left hand from football and broke my left ankle from football. I have had a shoulder out of place since I was a junior from snowboarding, lol,. I think that is it...
I broke my arm on my bike, got a severe concussion on my dirtbike. and broke a few fingers in football.
I broke both my wrist bones and totally destroyed my left elbow when I fell from the monkey bars when I was 7. I've broken a toe and my foot. Then I broke my hand twice last year. I think I might have broken a finger when I was younger too.
luckily only 2.

Basketball (landed on my foot wrong) & Motocross (peg in my arm)
When I was in the fifth grade, I got rollerblades, and never having roller bladed before, I decided to take my first ride on them down the biggest hill in town (I wasn't always the brightest bulb in the batch), fell, and broke my wrist.

Then, in the wreck, I broke my jaw.
I broke my index finger playing dodgeball.
Only broken 1 bone. During a basketball game, took a charge from a kid twice my size (BIG mistake), and stuck my hand down to break my fall. Then it broke.
I had my nose, a rib and my jaw broken from boxing and fighting...had my left wrist broken in sixth grade (football), had my kneecap broken junior year against Fleming Neon (football)..I dislocated my shoulder against Whitesburg my jr year (game before Neon, lol), and it never healed right (popped it back in that game)..I can pop it in and out of place at will or "for fun"...and I broke a bone in my hand after striking an inmate 15 to 20 times...other than that, Im good as new, lol..
Broke my leg a few monthes ago.
Broken nose in baseball. That's all though.
Broken just about every toe except for the big toes (cleats will do that to you).

Broke my ring finger once, I forget how that happened.

Broke my foot and several toes in gym class one day.

The big one, had my MCL torn completely off the bone and cracked my femur.

I think that's it.
Knock on wood, I've never broken a bone. However, I did tear my ACL so that made up for it.
Well, I broke my wrist in a scrimmage my freshman year. And another time when I was a baby. My brothers got me to lay down in my yard. They then went and pushed some dry wall on my leg. I then had to wear a full body cast. It was awful!!! I also dislocated my pinky when I was in grade school. Playground. Tough world that was. Lol.
I've only broken 2 fingers... tore some stuff in my ankle but never anything real serious.
I have broken over a dozen ribs, a cheekbone once, a nose 4 times one jaw and about 5-6 fingers.
The Guru Wrote:I have broken over a dozen ribs, a cheekbone once, a nose 4 times one jaw and about 5-6 fingers.

Who did you fight?

Just kidding... What happened?
lol here we go.. my list:

in my wreck a few months back:
broke my back (L2 & L3 vertebrae)
cracked ribs
bruised chest bone
severed nerves in bicep
18 staples in my head
14 stitches in my hand
dislocated elbow
internal bleeding

the rest:
broke 2 ribs
broke 3 knuckles, 2 fingers
broken ankle
dislocated shoulder
blackcat_student Wrote:Who did you fight?

Just kidding... What happened?
They were not my bones...lol, it was when I was in Law enforcement and a few bar room fights when I was in my youthful early twenties!!!
Of my own bones, both ankles, and a bone in my hand.
The Guru Wrote:They were not my bones...lol, it was when I was in Law enforcement and a few bar room fights when I was in my youthful early twenties!!!
Of my own bones, both ankles, and a bone in my hand.

Oh... LOL
mrfootball03 Wrote:lol here we go.. my list:

cracked ribs
bruised chest bone
severed nerves in bicep
18 staples in my head
14 stitches in my hand
dislocated elbow
internal bleeding

the rest:
broke 2 ribs
broken ankle
dislocated shoulder
:eek: ... Hope you recovered well from those accidents.
Nose
Clavicle
Right radius and ulna
Left wrist
Probably every finger
Ribs
Right tibia and fibula
Right ankle
A few toes

Plus -
Left rotator cuff surgery
Right index finger ligament and tendon reattachment
Right ACL surgery, then 13 months later complete right knee reconstruction - ACL, MCL, PCL, LCL, and meniscus
2 back surgeries for fused vertebrae and disc nucleus removal.

All cam from basketball, car wrecks, and fights(stupidity)
mrfootball03 Wrote:lol here we go.. my list:

cracked ribs
bruised chest bone
severed nerves in bicep
18 staples in my head
14 stitches in my hand
dislocated elbow
internal bleeding

the rest:
broke 2 ribs
broken ankle
dislocated shoulder

Woah...that had to be a *****.
Broke my right hand twice. Both during football games
blackcat_student Wrote::eek: ... Hope you recovered well from those accidents.

i'm still goin to physical therapy still for my arm.. its about the only thing that is coming along really slow.. i have still yet to get feeling back from elbow to my wrist, and any strength out of my bicep. i can't curl a 5 lbs. dumbell even yet. But as for everything else, its healed pretty well. It all just takes time. Thanks for asking tho!
vundy33 Wrote:Woah...that had to be a *****.

lol well yeah, it doesn't feel too good.. the whole time I stayed in st. marys I lived on morphene
Ok, here goes mine.
Broke both legs below knees, motorcycle wrecks.
Broke right ankle
broke both wrist, right wrist 3 times
Hairline fracture right elbow
dislocated right knee
dislocated both shoulders at same time. water skiing. this one really hurt.
broke my big toe on right foot 3 times
broke right hand in three places
dislocated fingers in both hands
broke six ribs
two herniated disk in my back, am actually disabled from it. Worst pain I have ever experienced. Pinching nerves in both legs. Don't want to do surgery unless I have too.
numerous concussions
But I have never broke my nose. Knock on wood.Big Grin
I almost forgot, I broke both the arches in my feet playing football, had to have braces made for both feet.
I have been covered up in the mines twice, and came out with only a few bruises and sprains. God was watching over me.
alfus21 Wrote:Broken nose in baseball. That's all though.
You're supposed to catch the ball Alf.
Beef Wrote:You're supposed to catch the ball Alf.

My oldest one has two false teeth where he caught a fly ball with his face.Smile
Pages: 1 2