Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will the Dolphins take McFadden with the 1st pick in the NFL Draft?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you all think about Darren McFadden. Do you think the Dolphins will choose him for 1st round pick with their 0-14 record?
Of course...they need a QB but I think they'll get one in the offseason.
No, the Dolphins will trade there first pick IMO because they WILL not spend the 60+ million for the first pick. Have already heard good sources on NFL Network speaking of this matter.
I definently say NO. They won't take a QB or RB with the top pick. They'll trade down. If they're not able to get a good price trading down and decide to stay, they'll take DT Dorsey out of LSU.
They'll definitely trade down so they can get more good players because one amazing running back can't do anything if he's the only one on the team. They need to rebuild and one player won't do it.
right now. The dophins need all they can get. lol
Id say if they keep the #1 they take the stud out of LSU. Glenn Dorsey!
Glen Dorsey or Jake Long will go with the first pick. Darren will go top 5 though, we will just have to wait and see.

Mods can you fix the poll to say: Do the Dolphins take McFadden with the 1st pick in the NFL Draft?
It was kind of misworded originally I thought.
You can't rebuild a team with a DT. They have one of the WORST OFFENSES OF ALL TIME with NO standout at ANY position! There defense isn't that bad if you look at the scores! They play alot like my team in the Redskins. They have lost alot of games by 5 points or less. They need a standout offensive weapon to build on!
i think the dolphins will go with mizzous qb or some qb
Woodson? ...That would be great!
MVP2 Wrote:Woodson? ...That would be great!

Yea hed get plenty of playing time there. lol 0-16

but he wouldnt go that early.
Yup, and trade him to the highest bidder.
I think McFadden will be a top 5 fantasy back next year, but will people draft him that high? Probly not, he'll be a steal.
McFadden will be a top 5 pick. No doubt about it. I think the Dolphins trade their pick away or take Glen Dorsey from LSU.

Who here is amazed that New England will probably take the #2 pick in the draft after trading picks with San Fran last year?
Think about a team like N.E. with a player like McFadden..SCARY!!!!
The Dolphins have a stud at RB with Ronnie Brown comes back healthy...so i see them trading down for two first round picks or a first round pick and a veteran or backup QB (Texans and Matt Shaub last year). Maybe Donavan McNabb to the Dolphins to revitalize his career.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:You can't rebuild a team with a DT. They have one of the WORST OFFENSES OF ALL TIME with NO standout at ANY position! There defense isn't that bad if you look at the scores! They play alot like my team in the Redskins. They have lost alot of games by 5 points or less. They need a standout offensive weapon to build on!

YES YOU CAN! Ask the Texans! LOL! Smile
They need a proven winner at QB!
Trade the pick for a winner!!! Come on FISH!!!
In a mock draft that was on yahoo sports or ESPN one, it had the Fins taking Glen Dorsey#1.
The Pats with the second pick took McFadden...
I thought about that today: the Pats will take McFadden at number 2 and just be amazing for another year.
MVP2 Wrote:Woodson? ...That would be great!

Woodson going to Miami would be terrible, because he would be out of the league in a few years due to injury or just not being able to get the job done. I think Woodson will land in Baltimore, which I believe he could turn that team around and be a ROY candidate there, because everything is just waiting for something to pick that team up and turn it around, and Woodson could be the person to do that.

IMO, the Dolphins should trade the pick for a good QB and pick up some WR's and a Pro bowl calibre RB.
No way
BCFan Wrote:Woodson going to Miami would be terrible, because he would be out of the league in a few years due to injury or just not being able to get the job done. I think Woodson will land in Baltimore, which I believe he could turn that team around and be a ROY candidate there, because everything is just waiting for something to pick that team up and turn it around, and Woodson could be the person to do that.

IMO, the Dolphins should trade the pick for a good QB and pick up some WR's and a Pro bowl calibre RB.
They have a great Rb in Brown. He has been hurt all season though. They need OL first and foremost, well that and DL...lol
The Dolphins would love to trade down and probably select a quarterback where they can get value (from 5-20).... their isn't a quarterback worth a top pick in this year's draft... and use the other picks they get ina trade on some line help.... if they keep the pick, look for Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey to be the pick... McFadden is great, but they have Ronnie Brown (spent the #2 pick on him in 05)...
Woodson will struggle in the NFL IMO. He holds on to the ball WAY too LONG, and the game in the NFL is twice as fast! A very hard habit to break! This hurt his draft implications tremendously. Anyone else agree. I know he has a rocket for an arm, but he HAS to get rid of the ball when his WR's aren't open.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Woodson will struggle in the NFL IMO. He holds on to the ball WAY too LONG, and the game in the NFL is twice as fast! A very hard habit to break! This hurt his draft implications tremendously. Anyone else agree. I know he has a rocket for an arm, but he HAS to get rid of the ball when his WR's aren't open.

I agree because he could always find room to make time and scramble to wait for his WRs to get open, but he won't have that time in the NFL.
Dorsey is an easy choice for Miami, then they will probably trade him away for another player who will just get injured. One thing is for sure, if they don't have a new QB soon, things will get even uglier in Miami. Who knows, Tim Tebow might even end up in a Dolphins uniform next season. It's unlikely, but not impossible.
warriors_45 Wrote:Dorsey is an easy choice for Miami, then they will probably trade him away for another player who will just get injured. One thing is for sure, if they don't have a new QB soon, things will get even uglier in Miami. Who knows, Tim Tebow might even end up in a Dolphins uniform next season. It's unlikely, but not impossible.
Yea it is considering he's a sophomore.
BCFan Wrote:Woodson going to Miami would be terrible, because he would be out of the league in a few years due to injury or just not being able to get the job done. I think Woodson will land in Baltimore, which I believe he could turn that team around and be a ROY candidate there, because everything is just waiting for something to pick that team up and turn it around, and Woodson could be the person to do that.

No he won't. They have Boller and The heisman winner Troy Smith already.
Pages: 1 2