Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark wrestling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They have a really good wrestling team but no one never mentions them on here.
Well at the St. Albans Duels this weekend Matt Slone placed 1st in his weight class and Adam Dials placed first in his weight class and captured MVW.
The Sheldon Clark wrestling team has some serious talent without a doubt.

I'd look for big things out of Matt Slone by the time his senior year comes around..
So far we've been to two tournaments (Lewis Co. and St. Albans) and Matt has placed 1st in both. Also, like Cards09 said Dials is back and dominated St.A. It's gonna take a week or two for him to get into good shape but he should do good this year. This years team has some potiential and some good wrestlers. If we work hard by the end of the season some good things can happen.
What is Adam Dials ranked in his weight class?
blackcat_student Wrote:What is Adam Dials ranked in his weight class?

I think he was ranked 1 or 2 in the preseason poll not really for sure o.
Cards09 Wrote:I think he was ranked 1 or 2 in the preseason poll not really for sure o.
Scrub that i ran across the rankings

1 Doss Derek Nickel 12
2 FC Deon Chaney 12
3 Laf Matt Green 12
4 SC Adam Dials 12
Ryan Kelly was ranked #1 in 189 before the season started but hes still out with a knee injury for a couple or few more weeks also.
Yeah SC has some pretty
good wrestling this year!!
:0]
they just finished 8th at Grundy's invite with 1 finalist.
VHSL-helper Wrote:they just finished 8th at Grundy's invite with 1 finalist.

Yeah, Matt Slone beat some Grundy in the finals. Ryan Kelly got put out early in a stupid match. The kid got a take down on Ryan I believe, and stalled the rest of the match. Everytime Ryan Kelly tried to do something the ref would interfear somehow. Like when he got the kid in a front head lock, had an arm, and the ref called it illigal and gave a point. The kid stalled the whole match and only got it called once, and Kelly was just too tired. (He's only been to pracitce for 2 days, just getting cleared injury)

Adam Dials got put out the same round I believe, both made it back to 3rd in the consolation I think.

Chazz Maynard, Austin Stepp, and Brad Staffored also placed. Sorry if I left anyone else at, I'm just going off what I can remember.
Kelly was the only 3rd placer.
Stafford, Dials & Chaffins finished 4th.
Stepp was 7th & Maynard 8th.

-----

Maybe the reason no one is talking about them is because no one likes them.
I don't know how things work over there, but over here, we don't boo an opponent when he is being introduced. Looks like someone would have picked up on that by the 4th time.
SC only boo kids from Grundy. We cheered and clapped for everyone else and wished them the best.

I'm not gonna say anything more... not worth it to get in trouble on here.
oh, ok. I didn't get there until the finals, so I missed all the "preliminaries".
Heard we also had some kind of a problem with Abingdon. Guess that means we're getting back to where we used to be.
btw, someone from KY left their cell phone there. Ms. Horne has it at the h.s.
Yeah, you guys have a really good team, just kinda makes me mad when every kid that loses runs out crying throwing head gear, etc. But its all good. It isnt a silver razr is it??
yeah, I hate seein' that too - kinda poor sportsmanship.
On the other hand, that shows the kid was expectin' to win, which is what we want.

I didn't see the phone - I was talkin' to Jim Wayne when it was brought up.
Yeah, I know... I'd rather have a kid like that than not care, but still it doesnt give much a good rep, but I suppose they have reason to be cocky cause they're good.
i believe in wrastlin u shouldnt have anybody under 300 pounds anybody under that should be disqualified. but yep sheldon clarks got a good team.
Everybody boos Grundy, its tradition. Means you are a great team. Still, several wrestlers are way to cocky, but they do have a lot of good kids who are really good wrestlers with good sportmanship. Good luck to them in state. Also wanted to comment on their fans, you might want to be a more gracious host. Saw a lot of nasty things from them.
Yeah, everyone boos Grundy!lol kind of a tradition i guess. They do have an excellent team. I would love to have a fan base for wrestling the way Grundy has one. The only thing that I hate seeing at Aggie Skeens is the officiating. Seems like Grundy wreslters never get pinned or bad calls. I know it is their home tourny and everything but still..you have to draw a line somewhere
Pink Flamingo Wrote:Yeah, everyone boos Grundy!lol kind of a tradition i guess. They do have an excellent team. I would love to have a fan base for wrestling the way Grundy has one. The only thing that I hate seeing at Aggie Skeens is the officiating. Seems like Grundy wreslters never get pinned or bad calls. I know it is their home tourny and everything but still..you have to draw a line somewhere

Amen
wow - I REALLY must have missed all the "action" this year. Fans complaining about us, and the refs ... brings back memories!!!! Why, it was just last year that Franklin Co. took "our" trophy home - I guess we had to do something to get it back, right?
Shoot, having 13 kids place 5th or better at Ryle doesn't show that you're a good team, does it?
Tradition is lost on folks around here. Our dominate teams are now just numbers on a wall. Last year, we had state finishers of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th & 8th; we finished 187 points behind the champs and a lot of fans made it back home before dark. But we only had 1 placer graduate, so fans are excited again. Don't know what kind of "nasty things" you'd see from them in a gym.
Rude, no sportsmanship, parents fighting each other(or did you miss one of Grundy's wrestlers mom claw and bring blood to a mans face).
Also, has anyone else noticed a drop in teams participating in the last few years. Wheres the teams from New York, PA, South Caroline, WV and few other places?
Yeah, I snapped a pic of it. Such a lovely enviroment.
[Image: l_945e33c321cdc1c5ae464724e9d384a7.jpg]
DeathCubeK911 Wrote:Yeah, I snapped a pic of it. Such a lovely enviroment.
[Image: l_945e33c321cdc1c5ae464724e9d384a7.jpg]

OUCH that looks like it hurts
Hey just wanted to say congrats to Matt Slone, he picked up his 100th varsity career victory today!:thumpsup:
How did the wrestlers do at the WSAZ inivitational?
Adam dials place 1st
Matt slone 2nd
Ryan kelly 3rd