Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: John Hines Officially Name Coach at South Laurel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was officially announced yesterday afternoon that John Hines will be the next head coach at South Laurel High School. A bigtime hire for S. Laurel.
Huge pick up for the South Laurel program. Now we will sit back and watch the HS transfer portal open up....
Congratulations
Congratulations!!!
Arn’t South Laurel and Pulaski in the same district?
(12-27-2023, 02:47 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]Arn’t South Laurel and Pulaski in the same district?

Yes they are 5A District 8.
Congratulations Coach Hines. Hope you can turn the program around.
Hines’ success could translate pretty quickly there. The cupboard isn’t bare of talent, but they just have to buy in.

South Laurel is a “from the ground up” job and I wonder how many years Hines wants to invest in it.
Unless / until the administration down there buys in and wants to help it’ll be a tuff turn around. Last I heard they didn’t even have a youth league…Definitely got a proven winner good luck to Coach Hines always wish him the best
Good luck to Coach Hines. I wish him the best!
(12-27-2023, 07:09 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]Unless / until the administration down there buys in and wants to help it’ll be a tuff turn around.  Last I heard they didn’t even have a youth league…Definitely got a proven winner good luck to Coach Hines always wish him the best

There's a Laurel County Little League Football website with 2023 schedules on it. So I would think your information is either incorrect or at least outdated.
(12-27-2023, 10:52 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2023, 07:09 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]Unless / until the administration down there buys in and wants to help it’ll be a tuff turn around.  Last I heard they didn’t even have a youth league…Definitely got a proven winner good luck to Coach Hines always wish him the best

There's a Laurel County Little League Football website with 2023 schedules on it. So I would think your information is either incorrect or at least outdated.
Your probably right I hadn’t heard anything lately just know around 10 years ago the youth football league in Laurel Co was abolished and I didn’t know if they’d ever started anything back up, still it speaks volumes for the priority football is given…
(12-27-2023, 11:15 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2023, 10:52 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]

Your probably right I hadn’t heard anything lately just know around 10 years ago the youth football league in Laurel Co was abolished and I didn’t know if they’d ever started anything back up, still it speaks volumes for the priority football is given…
It’s been mentioned twice this week that the first thing that’s gotta happen is to increase Laurel County Youth League football numbers and to keep the Laurel county kids playing in Laurel County as opposed to having them playing at TCSA in Corbin. If Laurel County gets the youth football program numbers where TCSA numbers are, then it won’t be long before those numbers are doubled that of TCSA. Corbin been draining Whitley who has a good feeder system in place and South Laurel areas for years because of no good youth Football league for kids to be developed early on. TCSA has always done a great job but I’m hearing that portal is gonna close down for Laurel County Kids as big things are in store for Laurel County Youth Football..TCSA big time feeder system..Laurel County is investing in the future of the Youth Football League that will translate into big numbers at the middle school and High School Levels. South Laurel hit a Homerun with Johnny Hines and no one can deny that..question now is who comes with Hines and who leaves North Laurel and Corbin to come play for Hines?
According to Twitter he just informed south laurel he intends to stay at Pulaski. Lol! It’s a leverage thing. He did the same thing before
Seems Twitter is full of conflicting information.

Some say Hines accepted the position at SL… some are saying he just hit them with the ol switch-a-roo like he did with the Gtown job… ?
Guys trying to get more money sounds like
(12-28-2023, 09:13 AM)14th Official Wrote: [ -> ]According to Twitter he just informed south laurel he intends to stay at Pulaski. Lol! It’s a leverage thing. He did the same thing before

You’re quoting a “notcoachfoley” twitter page.
JH has resigned at PC it’s 100 official that he at least is done there.
Did his words at the banquet come out because he knew he was leaving?
Jep is waiting for his hats to come in from BSN. Can't have a press conference without the hats !!
Can you clarify the reference to the “hats”? It’s lost on me.
Johnny is known for wearing some nice hats. Golf hats I think they are.
No Little League Football in an area very little hope for a competitive football program on the high school level IMO!
(12-29-2023, 03:20 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]No Little League Football in an area very little hope for a competitive football program on the high school level IMO!
There is little league football in Laurel County: 

https://www.laurelcountyyouthfootball.com/
(12-29-2023, 05:53 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2023, 03:20 PM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]No Little League Football in an area very little hope for a competitive football program on the high school level IMO!
There is little league football in Laurel County: 

https://www.laurelcountyyouthfootball.com/
Obviously you’re correct there’s now a Little League football program in Laurel Co but how organized is it?  How long till parents get tired of the daddy ball that I’m all but positive that it entails…I wish Coach Hines nothing but the best but there’s a reason that (with all the numbers) that Laurel Co has that they always fall short in football…If they can finally address it and move forward I’ll be the first to congratulate them, but as of now color impressed with the hire and that’s about it….
"As 2023 comes to a close, I can’t help but be grateful. Lots of good things happened for me in 2023…. Unexpected good things…. Things I didn’t know were “in the Cards….” As I look to 2024, I can’t help but feel….. giddy about it….Lets goooooo!!!
#InTheCards"

Johny Hines Twitter post at 12:14 PM December 31

https://twitter.com/JohnHines66/status/1...1221809338
The last several coaches have got 0, I mean Zero support from the administration. I can’t imagine he would be interested if they have not made a lot of promises.
(12-28-2023, 09:13 AM)14th Official Wrote: [ -> ]According to Twitter he just informed south laurel he intends to stay at Pulaski. Lol! It’s a leverage thing. He did the same thing before
Interesting…….

I said several weeks ago that a SEKY team would be hiring a championship level coach……

Not the hire I expected but does fit the bill……the school was right just not the hire.

Look for good things pretty quickly but can he sustain it???