Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Count 78 Breathitt County 71
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
78-71
Did Sperry play? I know he didn't play yesterday in their loss to Paintsville.
Sperry did not play. I would advise to stay off Facebook because it is nothing but ref bashing from the blue faithfuls

It looked as if there was only 3 players on the bench. I know they had 2 JV games over there as well so I don’t know if that was the reasoning or not.
2 game KHSAA suspension I believe in the after math of the wolfe game.
Breathitt needs to appreciate Sperry more and the community better enjoy it while he’s there! He makes that team go; they are barely an average team without him. Some people are jealous of him but he’s the best thing they got going for them. All the success the others around him get is because of the defense he draws and the ability he has to find the open guy. I been with them since the beginning but it’s gonna be a bad drought at Breathitt after he graduates!
(12-23-2023, 01:12 AM)RiverbankBandit95 Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt needs to appreciate Sperry more and the community better enjoy it while he’s there!  He makes that team go; they are barely an average team without him.  Some people are jealous of him but he’s the best thing they got going for them.  All the success the others around him get is because of the defense he draws and the ability he has to find the open guy.  I been with them since the  beginning but it’s gonna be a bad drought at Breathitt after 
He’s a fifth year senior right now with one more year left. He should have graduated last year.  He’s the same age as UK’s freshman this year. Most nights he’s playing against kids 3 and 4 years younger than him. Take Wolfe for example, mostly freshman and sophomores, 14 and 15 years old.  Not only does BHS barely beat them on their home court, he gets out there and cheap shots a kid much much younger than him causing a brawl. I myself am not proud of these facts or will I miss that type behavior.  He quit the football team. He’s made out to be some kind of greatest thing since sliced bread. I’m sure he’s basically a good kid, I for one just like to call things like they are. What have you done as a team or school if you take a 18 plus year old and defeat a bunch of 14 and 15 year olds?  To be honest, they have not done too good of at that.
(12-23-2023, 01:12 AM)RiverbankBandit95 Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt needs to appreciate Sperry more and the community better enjoy it while he’s there!  He makes that team go; they are barely an average team without him.  Some people are jealous of him but he’s the best thing they got going for them.  All the success the others around him get is because of the defense he draws and the ability he has to find the open guy.  I been with them since the  beginning but it’s gonna be a bad drought at Breathitt after he graduates!
This is a weird post. Very weird.

(12-23-2023, 11:10 AM)Beetlejuice Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2023, 01:12 AM)RiverbankBandit95 Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt needs to appreciate Sperry more and the community better enjoy it while he’s there!  He makes that team go; they are barely an average team without him.  Some people are jealous of him but he’s the best thing they got going for them.  All the success the others around him get is because of the defense he draws and the ability he has to find the open guy.  I been with them since the  beginning but it’s gonna be a bad drought at Breathitt after 
He’s a fifth year senior right now with one more year left. He should have graduated last year.  He’s the same age as UK’s freshman this year. Most nights he’s playing against kids 3 and 4 years younger than him. Take Wolfe for example, mostly freshman and sophomores, 14 and 15 years old.  Not only does BHS barely beat them on their home court, he gets out there and cheap shots a kid much much younger than him causing a brawl. I myself am not proud of these facts or will I miss that type behavior.  He quit the football team. He’s made out to be some kind of greatest thing since sliced bread. I’m sure he’s basically a good kid, I for one just like to call things like they are. What have you done as a team or school if you take a 18 plus year old and defeat a bunch of 14 and 15 year olds?  To be honest, they have not done too good of at that.
Spot on
The Covid year stuff really killed a lot of opportunities for kids overshadowed by the Covid kids.
(12-23-2023, 02:02 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]The Covid year stuff really killed a lot of opportunities for kids overshadowed by the Covid kids.
Hold backs were a thing before Covid. You still have to meet the Khsaa age rule which states you can’t turn 19 before August 1st in your senior year. There is not 1 player in the state playing sports who is 20 years old. The kids who used the Covid rule had never been held back before.
(12-23-2023, 02:14 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2023, 02:02 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]The Covid year stuff really killed a lot of opportunities for kids overshadowed by the Covid kids.
Hold backs were a thing before Covid. You still have to meet the Khsaa age rule which states you can’t turn 19 before August 1st in your senior year. There is not 1 player in the state playing sports who is 20 years old. The kids who used the Covid rule had never been held back before. 
Wrong.  Fact.  His K-6th classmates graduated last year. He may have held back prior to eighth grade, but hold back he did. Plus, took the Covid year. Double hold back.
(12-23-2023, 03:07 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote: [ -> ]
Wrong.  Fact.  His K-6th classmates graduated last year. He may have held back prior to eighth grade, but hold back he did. Plus, took the Covid year. Double hold back.
He is an old G, but a legal G that is. He barely gets by the 19 year old mark at August by a month I think. But he’s 18 right now as a junior. He will be close to 20 within a couple months when he graduates.
(12-23-2023, 03:40 PM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2023, 03:07 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote: [ -> ]
You’re either confused or just like to perpetuate a lie. Sperry’s mom worked for a grade school when he was little. They did let him attend kindergarten for a couple of years so maybe that’s your hold back year? If not then you should clearly state the first hold back year or hush about it.
One thing is for sure, you can’t throw punches at an apposing player like that and not expect college coaches to take serious note of it. Not good at all. Hes got to be a better person then thst
(12-23-2023, 04:00 PM)Wolfeman Wrote: [ -> ]One thing is for sure, you can’t throw punches at an apposing player like that and not expect college coaches to take serious note of it. Not good at all. Hes got to be a better person then thst
Think he was on the receiving end and the Wolfe player was ejected, Sperry was not ejected and finished the game.
He did finish the game. However, why was he allowed to finish the game but then receive a 2 game suspension? That don’t make a lick of sense to me.
If you slow the bsn footage down you can clearly see sperry punch the boy after the jump ball. Then the Wolfe retaliation got him kicked. Khsaa must of seen same thing I did cause they just don’t suspend players for nothing
(12-23-2023, 05:38 PM)BlackHawk Wrote: [ -> ]He did finish the game. However, why was he allowed to finish the game but then receive a 2 game suspension? That don’t make a lick of sense to me.
Me neither. I’ve heard the wrong form was submitted by officials but no idea really.
Sperry is playing by the KHSAA rules. There is a ton of 19 year old to be Seniors in the state of KY. Some of you be smoking some serious weed. Always throw the age remark at him. He can’t help he’s better than all the other 18/19 year olds in the region. Never saw so much whiny ass babies in my life. Get in the gym, hit the weights, train and maybe you can get a little bit closer to stopping Sperry.
True words duke boy he’s no older than most of the seniors today. However that doesn’t negate the fact he punched that Wolfe county player
(12-23-2023, 09:37 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]True words duke boy he’s no older than most of the seniors today. However that doesn’t negate the fact he punched that Wolfe county player
Definition of a troll. Wolfe player jumped on and started throwing fist. He was ejected. Referee was 3 feet away, Austin stayed in the game. Video shows nothing because of blocked view. So let it go before someone accuses you of being a liar.
That’s a lie and you know it. Wolfe ties ball up Austin punches boy. Clearly seen on bsn network. Then Wolfe retaliates and gets ejected. Khsaa has to review all ejections and sees same thing I’ve stated issues two game suspension to sperry. Don’t condone bad behavior. Do the crime do thetime which is the suspension. Move forward learn from his mistakes and don’t do it again.
(12-24-2023, 12:27 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]That’s a lie and you know it. Wolfe ties ball up Austin punches boy. Clearly seen on bsn network. Then Wolfe retaliates and gets ejected. Khsaa has to review all ejections and sees same thing I’ve stated issues two game suspension to sperry. Don’t condone bad behavior. Do the crime do thetime which is the suspension. Move forward learn from his mistakes and don’t do it again.
7 minute mark 2nd quarter. Anyone who wonders or cares who's being dishonest can go take a look. Parkway has quit “ telling it like it is” and tells it like he wants it to be.
I encourage all to go watch it on bluegrass sports nation. Judge for yourself. Slow it way down and you can see him strike the Wolfe county player. Slim your the reason he has these little temper tantrums. It does appear you have never disciplined the boy/man.
(12-24-2023, 01:19 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]I encourage all to go watch it on bluegrass sports nation. Judge for yourself. Slow it way down and you can see him strike the Wolfe county player. Slim your the reason he has these little temper tantrums. It does appear you have never disciplined the boy/man.
Ha, not his parent, teacher, coach or Judge so me disciplining him or anyone would be inappropriate. You’re funny.
Apparently khsaa see’s the same thing I see cause they have the final say. Go argue your case to them. Like I said they just don’t penalize young men for two games without evidence. You posted earlier the wrong form was sent in bahahahaha. You’re nothing but an enabler. Lol
Actually at 28:17 if you pause it and zoom in you can see his right arm extend and strike the Wolfe county player.

This is on YouTube. Bluegrass sports nation
You can slow the video down and it does look like a punch is thrown from the player laying on the ground. I done a screen record of the Facebook live which I’m assuming is the same one as the YouTube.

Respectfully disagree, because everyone had the right to re-classify.  If parents weren’t smart enough to guide their children to do it; it’s as Les Zeppelin said-“Nobody’s Fault but Mine”!
(12-24-2023, 11:43 AM)BlackHawk Wrote: [ -> ]You can slow the video down and it does look like a punch is thrown from the player laying on the ground. I done a screen record of the Facebook live which I’m assuming is the same one as the YouTube.
Yeah he’s wearing a white sleeve and it’s very visible. I wouldn’t be beating a dead horse but I can’t stand family members in complete denial.
Pages: 1 2