Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Top 5 - 12/19/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is my Top 5  Feel free to list yours.   

1. Breathitt County
2.  Perry Central
3.  Knott Central
4.  Hazard
5.  Letcher Central
I think we will be able to tell more about those 5 once they start playing each other. Those are definitely the top 5 with a separation after that in my opinion.

As usual, you’ll have those 5, along with Estill, Powell, and Wolfe barring some wild upset first round of districts in the regional tournament @ Powell.
(12-19-2023, 12:03 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Here is my Top 5  Feel free to list yours.   

1. Breathitt County
2.  Perry Central
3.  Knott Central
4.  Hazard
5.  Letcher Central
You could about pull these 5 out of a hat for their order. I think Perry is playing with a little more experience and might switch them and Breathitt. Breathitt has to limit turnovers. Pressure isn’t forcing them, it’s just players underestimating the defense when passing .And I’d flip Hazard and Knott. Don’t think Hazard has lost and Knott would have lost twice to Letcher if not for a buzzer beater prayer.
1 Perry
2 Breathitt
3 Hazard 
4 Knott
5 Letcher
1. Breathitt
2. Perry
A. Letcher
B. Hazard
C. Knott

Breathitt is the clear-cut favorite in my opinion with the best player in the region in Sperry. Perry can also be talked about with a chance to win due to the expierence of 4/5 of the starters over the past couple years. Woods shoots the ball better than anyone else in the 14th.

Letcher has already beaten Knott at Knott in the WYMT and lost at Letcher on a prayer of a shot thrown up by Huff at the buzzer. Letcher also had Hazard beat at Hazard until the half—no one wins at Hazard as we all know—the Conn man took over that game with the whistle in the third. However, I don’t know that any of those 3 teams can hang with Breathitt in the end. I guess we will see when they play this season—except for Knott County who has avoided meeting up with the Bobcats.
Does any of the top teams have above average role players to come off the bench in case of foul trouble or injuries?
Breathitt took a beaten against GRC, but so would any other team in the 14th. I’ll take Breathitt at no. 1. Hazard at a distant second, followed by Perry, knott, then letcher.
1Breathitt
2. Perry
3.knott
4.hazard
5.Letcher
Interesting to see how quickly some people returned Breathitt to the top of their list but dogged them all offseason about how much talent they lost  Wink
(12-20-2023, 12:46 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting to see how quickly some people returned Breathitt to the top of their list but dogged them all offseason about how much talent they lost  Wink
Weird how some people rate teams on performance not last seasons performance??. Hmm.  Also after last night, we may have been right about Breathitt.. Shall see.
if breathitt is 1 then this region needs to dhut down lol

1hazard
2perry
3knott
4breathitt
5wolfe
(12-20-2023, 01:54 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2023, 12:46 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting to see how quickly some people returned Breathitt to the top of their list but dogged them all offseason about how much talent they lost  Wink
Weird how some people rate teams on performance not last seasons performance??. Hmm.  Also after last night, we may have been right about Breathitt.. Shall see.
May have been right? When? You just ranked them number one after spewing off at the mouth about how they didn't deserve any respect  Big Grin

(12-20-2023, 01:59 PM)the gambler Wrote: [ -> ]if breathitt is 1 then this region needs to dhut down lol       

1hazard
2perry
3knott
4breathitt
5wolfe
I do not disagree. I just like watching people think in circular methods. 

14th region is weak every year.....
(12-20-2023, 04:15 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
May have been right? When? You just ranked them number one after spewing off at the mouth about how they didn't deserve any respect  Big Grin

(12-20-2023, 01:59 PM)the gambler Wrote: [ -> ]if breathitt is 1 then this region needs to dhut down lol       

1hazard
2perry
3knott
4breathitt
5wolfe

See there you go saying dum things as usual. No one said they didn’t deserve respect , only said because a team won last year does not make them the favorite the next year.  You obviously struggle understanding common sense, so we will leave it at that.    And yes after last night, Breathitt may not be the 1, up until last light they had played well and EARNED the praise of 1, but had nothing to do with.  Well they won last year so they the best this year scenario you’re so proud of.   Leslie must be really bad this year
(12-20-2023, 05:16 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]

1hazard
2perry
3knott
4breathitt
5wolfe

See there you go saying dum things as usual. No one said they didn’t deserve respect , only said because a team won last year does not make them the favorite the next year.  You obviously struggle understanding common sense, so we will leave it at that.    And yes after last night, Breathitt may not be the 1, up until last light they had played well and EARNED the praise of 1, but had nothing to do with.  Well they won last year so they the best this year scenario you’re so proud of.   Leslie must be really bad this year
Big Grin You're too easy to mess with Jet. Lighten up and have some fun... 

I made the original comment about backtracking because I knew specifically that would you have to swoop in and defend your Breathitt slander. I agree that after the Wolfe county game, Breathitt did not look good. Good thing there is more than one game in the season.... 

And as for your LC comment, I am not sure what LC has to do with this conversation as they obviously are not top five in the 14th or are the Eagles living rent free in your head? Smile
(12-21-2023, 09:00 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]

1hazard
2perry
3knott
4breathitt
5wolfe

I made the original comment about backtracking because I knew specifically that would you have to swoop in and defend your Breathitt slander. I agree that after the Wolfe county game, Breathitt did not look good. Good thing there is more than one game in the season.... 

And as for your LC comment, I am not sure what LC has to do with this conversation as they obviously are not top five in the 14th or are the Eagles living rent free in your head? Smile
Just speaking the truth here.  Like I said , Breathitt lost a ton but they were playing good until Wolfe,and  hazard, Perry and Knott are all playing good also.   But I stick to my guns, if a team wins the 14th this year that does not qualify them to be automatic #1 the next season lol.   I also will be honest when a team like Breathitt plays well, I don’t care at all to give them praise, that’s why had them 1, but they earned by beating good teams, not because they won last year.   Gonna be a run region. Good luck to all!
I’m not able to judge or rank any other teams in the region as of now because I haven’t watched them play. As the season progresses we will be able to determine who’s at least top three maybe four. It’s usually a toss up and any team in the top four can beat each other pending how they play that certain night. I think breathitt will be fine. With the wolves talent they sure played a good game and hope they can continue to find their identity. With that being said breathitt will only get better as the season progresses. Sperry is the only player on the court that has a lot of experience. Isaac has some but not enough worth noting. All the other players have zero. Breathitt also needs to start developing a couple more players cause they sure have a short bench. Going to be fun to see where all these teams are in a month or so
(12-21-2023, 01:22 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2023, 09:00 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2023, 01:54 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]Weird how some people rate teams on performance not last seasons performance??. Hmm.  Also after last night, we may have been right about Breathitt.. Shall see.

1hazard
2perry
3knott
4breathitt
5wolfe

Just speaking the truth here.  Like I said , Breathitt lost a ton but they were playing good until Wolfe,and  hazard, Perry and Knott are all playing good also.   But I stick to my guns, if a team wins the 14th this year that does not qualify them to be automatic #1 the next season lol.   I also will be honest when a team like Breathitt plays well, I don’t care at all to give them praise, that’s why had them 1, but they earned by beating good teams, not because they won last year.   Gonna be a run region. Good luck to all!
I do not think that every team that wins a championship should automatically be ranked #1 the next season... but in this case I think it made sense.
we will see who is the top team in the next few weeks, all these teams will get the oppurtunity to play each other with the exception of Knott vs Breathitt, they wont play unless they meet in region. i still think, KCC, PCC, Breathitt and Hazard are the leaders and either team can win this thing
(12-19-2023, 12:03 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Here is my Top 5  Feel free to list yours.   

1. Breathitt County
2.  Perry Central
3.  Knott Central
4.  Hazard
5.  Letcher Central
Hazard then everyone else!