Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Co 92 - Desales 83
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Griffin Elite Classic in Erlanger
This is a huge win. I saw DeSales last year and they added in Damone King, they're for real.
We'll see how those Bears do in Corbin in a couple weeks. Looking forward to seeing Ashland, Boyd(CFIT), Western(CFIT), Harlan County , and Great Crossing(at Pineville) take on the Hounds in our little neck of the woods. It's tough for the opposition to grab a win around here.
(12-17-2023, 01:50 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]We'll see how those Bears do  in Corbin in a couple weeks.  Looking forward to seeing  Ashland, Boyd(CFIT), Western(CFIT), Harlan County , and Great Crossing(at Pineville) take on the Hounds in our little neck of the woods.  It's tough for the opposition to grab a win around here.
No crap dude, every ref that will be in the cumberland falls classic and most in the 13th region live in corbin. You play at corbin it’s a 99 percent chance of being down 20 points when the stripes come out from their dressing room. North laurel was a 17 point difference just two weeks from eachother, south was a 27 point turnaround when sites changed. 

Moral of the story is HC is 20 points better than Corbin, cause corbin is 10 points worse than south.
(12-17-2023, 02:03 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2023, 01:50 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]We'll see how those Bears do  in Corbin in a couple weeks.  Looking forward to seeing  Ashland, Boyd(CFIT), Western(CFIT), Harlan County , and Great Crossing(at Pineville) take on the Hounds in our little neck of the woods.  It's tough for the opposition to grab a win around here.
No crap dude, every ref that will be in the cumberland falls classic and most in the 13th region live in corbin. You play at corbin it’s a 99 percent chance of being down 20 points when the stripes come out from their dressing room. North laurel was a 17 point difference just two weeks from eachother, south was a 27 point turnaround when sites changed. 

Moral of the story is HC is 20 points better than Corbin, cause corbin is 10 points worse than south.

HC is not 20 better than my Hounds around here, fella. People said Coach P's boys had no chance in the CFIT last year against a very, very strong Knoxville Catholic team.  With a very strong start and a little help from our clock operator at the end , we beat those highly ranked Catholic boys from Tennessee. Good lucking getting out of here with a win, HC, Ashland , or Boyd. You think we're gonna lose in the CFIT or the Tim Short Classic with our hometown stripes?  

Btw, South is not 10 points better than Corbin. Stick to the gridiron , Gridiron. You're struggling with roundball.
(12-17-2023, 04:26 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

HC is not 20 better than my Hounds around here, fella. People said Coach P's boys had no chance in the CFIT last year against a very, very strong Knoxville Catholic team.  With a very strong start and a little help from our clock operator at the end , we beat those highly ranked Catholic boys from Tennessee. Good lucking getting out of here with a win, HC, Ashland , or Boyd. You think we're gonna lose in the CFIT or the Tim Short Classic with our hometown stripes?  

Btw, South is not 10 points better than Corbin. Stick to the gridiron , Gridiron. You're struggling with roundball.
On a neutral court, HC is 20 points better than corbin, and south is 10 better than corbin. When they play in corbin against 8 defenders (5 in red and 3 in black/white) it will be different. I’m glad you can see that and acknowledge the blatant advantage the red hounds have at home. I’m not for sure corbin wouldnt beat kentucky at home. 

A lot more than the clock operator helped corbin beat knoxville catholic last year. Corbin shot 28 free throws to catholics 9. Don’t even get me started on the fouls.
(12-17-2023, 05:33 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]

On a neutral court, HC is 20 points better than corbin, and south is 10 better than corbin. When they play in corbin against 8 defenders (5 in red and 3 in black/white) it will be different. I’m glad you can see that and acknowledge the blatant advantage the red hounds have at home. I’m not for sure corbin wouldnt beat kentucky at home. 

A lot more than the clock operator helped corbin beat knoxville catholic last year. Corbin shot 28 free throws to catholics 9. Don’t even get me started on the fouls.
Knoxville Catholic would have beat Corbin by 20 on a neutral court and by 35 on their home court.
This HC game was an overtime victory. So that point discrepancy is slightly misleading
(12-17-2023, 07:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

Knoxville Catholic would have beat Corbin by 20 on a neutral court and by 35 on their home court.
I was at the game and you were not. Corbin jumped on Catholic early and raced out to a quick  15 point advantage. It had nothing to do with stripes. Catholic spent most of the game fighting their way back from that early hole they put themselves in and, in fact, did eventually take the lead. The Hounds(and our clock operator) just made a few more plays late in the game.
(12-18-2023, 05:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2023, 02:03 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]No crap dude, every ref that will be in the cumberland falls classic and most in the 13th region live in corbin. You play at corbin it’s a 99 percent chance of being down 20 points when the stripes come out from their dressing room. North laurel was a 17 point difference just two weeks from eachother, south was a 27 point turnaround when sites changed. 

I was at the game and you were not. Corbin jumped on Catholic early and raced out to a quick  15 point advantage. It had nothing to do with stripes. Catholic spent most of the game fighting their way back from that early hole they put themselves in and, in fact, did eventually take the lead. The Hounds(and our clock operator) just made a few more plays late in the game.
i was there…
(12-18-2023, 08:17 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2023, 04:26 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]HC is not 20 better than my Hounds around here, fella. People said Coach P's boys had no chance in the CFIT last year against a very, very strong Knoxville Catholic team.  With a very strong start and a little help from our clock operator at the end , we beat those highly ranked Catholic boys from Tennessee. Good lucking getting out of here with a win, HC, Ashland , or Boyd. You think we're gonna lose in the CFIT or the Tim Short Classic with our hometown stripes?  

i was there…
Then, you know what I said was true. Corbin won the game in the first six minutes of the game. KnoxCath got in a big early hole and spent much of the game digging out of it.
(12-19-2023, 01:19 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2023, 05:33 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]On a neutral court, HC is 20 points better than corbin, and south is 10 better than corbin. When they play in corbin against 8 defenders (5 in red and 3 in black/white) it will be different. I’m glad you can see that and acknowledge the blatant advantage the red hounds have at home. I’m not for sure corbin wouldnt beat kentucky at home. 

i was there…
Then, you know what I said was true. Corbin won the game in the first six minutes of the game. KnoxCath got in a big early hole and spent much of the game digging out of it.
my man, 28-9. And style of play suggests that lindsey should’ve had 9 or more free throws himself since he’s a top 10 big man in the country and red/white was hanging off him the entire game. But moral of the story is this game was a year ago, and the corbin red hounds won. They might win in a couple weeks at home, but when it comes the region time and the refs aren’t spending their nights off at the taproom or the the depot with all their redhound buddies it will be a different outcome.
I would never count on an easy win over Corbin, at Corbin or anywhere. Refs didn't help the Redhounds in the regional last year. They played harder, tougher, smarter and better than HC. We'll see how much those guys have grown up in a couple of weeks. They have played very well so far.
(12-19-2023, 11:16 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2023, 07:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Knoxville Catholic would have beat Corbin by 20 on a neutral court and by 35 on their home court.
i was there…
my man, 28-9. And style of play suggests that lindsey should’ve had 9 or more free throws himself since he’s a top 10 big man in the country and red/white was hanging off him the entire game. But moral of the story is this game was a year ago, and the corbin red hounds won. They might win in a couple weeks at home, but when it comes the region time and the refs aren’t spending their nights off at the taproom or the the depot with all their redhound buddies it will be a different outcome.
Yeah, about like you and others were saying last March how HC would take Corbin to the woodshed in the region. Didn't happen did it, fella? In fact, it never felt once in that game that Harlan County was gonna come out victorious. It was all Corbin. No homer refs to blame in that one. What other excuse you have for that one?
(12-20-2023, 01:21 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2023, 05:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]I was at the game and you were not. Corbin jumped on Catholic early and raced out to a quick  15 point advantage. It had nothing to do with stripes. Catholic spent most of the game fighting their way back from that early hole they put themselves in and, in fact, did eventually take the lead. The Hounds(and our clock operator) just made a few more plays late in the game.
i was there…
Yeah, about like you and others were saying last March how HC would take Corbin to the woodshed in the region. Didn't happen did it, fella? In fact, it never felt once in that game that Harlan County was gonna come out victorious. It was all Corbin. No homer refs to blame in that one. What other excuse you have for that one?
if you done your research… i put harlan county 2 and corbin 3 most of the year last year. Never once did i even pick the game cause i knew it would be close. So you must either have dementia (likely) or just wrong and stubborn (even more likely)
(12-20-2023, 12:56 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2023, 01:21 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2023, 08:17 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]i was there…
if you done your research… i put harlan county 2 and corbin 3 most of the year last year. Never once did i even pick the game cause i knew it would be close. So you must either have dementia (likely) or just wrong and stubborn (even more likely)
As I've mentioned on here several times, I care for a parent with dementia. It's an absolute nightmare. Not a subject to converse about in a lighthearted manner. Corbin looked  better than HC last year in the region but I don't think the Bears played well at all in the Corbin game. Credit the Hounds for a lot of that.  This season, I definitely have HC at #1, but I think Corbin and the Bears will be the last two standing in March at the Arena(depending on the draw, of course). Look for another good game on the neutral court in March.