Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 62 Russell 59
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice game from the Boyd Co. Roundball Classic
You are down 10 when you get off the bus in the 16th.
(12-09-2023, 11:39 PM)Belichick Wrote: [ -> ]You are down 10 when you get off the bus in the 16th.

Haha good win for Pikeville
I think they were down by 11 at halftime
They have quite a way to go but have plenty of talent and a great coaching staff
15th wide open and exciting season coming...
The 16th Region team gets beat and we are talking about the 16th Region officiating? OK!!
The Panthers have a huge ceiling, but the floor is low too.

I trust our staff!!!
(12-10-2023, 01:43 PM)The_Messenger Wrote: [ -> ]The 16th Region team gets beat and we are talking about the 16th Region officiating? OK!!
Watch that game or any game there yesterday or any day. When an official can’t even get correct who touches the ball last before it goes out of bounds, it’s bad. They missed 3 in a row in a single game yesterday and all went to 1 particular team. Not close calls, just not paying attention or they didn’t want to get it right. One called a backcourt violation yesterday so bad that a fellow official had to come over and correct her and give it back to the team she had taken the ball from. Then she proceeds to miss the very next call too. If you are a team not from the 16th playing a team there, you are down double digits before you get off the bus. I don’t have to say anything. Ask anyone on here not from the 16th who has played there.
I guess everybody has their own opinion because it is well documented that when teams go to the mountains they are not going to get a fair shake when it comes to officials. There is a reason why when the mountain teams go to the Sweet 16 they struggle. 16th Region teams have not struggled to their extent.
Blaming officials from another region is too easy to do. Not sure I've ever seen it on a win however lol.
(12-10-2023, 10:14 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]Blaming officials from another region is too easy to do. Not sure I've ever seen it on a win however lol.
Because it was poor. Doesn’t have anything to do with who won or lost. It was sad.

(12-10-2023, 09:38 PM)The_Messenger Wrote: [ -> ]I guess everybody has their own opinion because it is well documented that when teams go to the mountains they are not going to get a fair shake when it comes to officials.  There is a reason why when the mountain teams go to the Sweet 16 they struggle.  16th Region teams have not struggled to their extent.
16th save their struggles for football?
Nice win for Pikeville, Russell not very well coached they do have some very good young players. I feel like they will be a parent to over throw the present coaching staff. Time will tell.
I don't understand why anyone would make a post like Ky1976 just did?? Just throw something out there and hope it sticks. Trying to stir the pot and all you have to stir it with is blind ignorance spoken from a dark room where no one knows who you are. Derek Cooksey is a fine man who comes from a great coaching family. Throughout the years he and his family have helped countless athletes from multiple school systems. I haven't spoken to Derek in years and I couldn't name a single player on Russell's team but I am reasonably sure from this post that once again my dad's advice is in order; "Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and everyone assume you're an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it".
No where did I say he didn’t help kids. Just said I didn’t think he was a very good coach and that a parent from Russell would over throw up. Sorry if it offends you.
I totally agree that Russell has some very talented young guards. Teams with physical guard may give them problems but only because they have not matured physically yet, not because they aren't good enough. Unfortunately the young big kid (RImmer?) is going to get overshaded on that team because they are going to be a guard oriented team. Regardless it should be fun to watch their growth.
On the discussion of the officiating for cross region matchups, it changes more on school in the region than just the region. For example, a team from the 14th, 15th, or 16th go to corbin this year, it’s a loss. Corbin will be good this year, but it’s a 15 point officiating boost in that gym no matter who you are. So boyd coming for the cumberland falls classic better prepare for a loss. When corbin had a guard heavy lineup, they call touch fouls. When they now have a forward heavy physical team, it’s gonna be a bloodbath in that gym all year. But that’s the 13th. You go to perry, letcher, or hazard, it’s the same thing. Take the teams that are in the biggest towns in that region in the mountains- corbin, hazard, pikeville, paintsville, ashland… and come from another region, good luck. It’s hard to win when the refs most likely live in that town and, even if it’s not their alma mater, they will support their region subconsciously or on purpose.
If my information is correct, the current officiating problem outside your home region is a result of a flawed evaluation system by the KHSAA. My understanding is the current system promotes a bias for the home region. What I was told is when a 16th region team or any other region goes to another region for a game, the only school that can evaluate the officials is the host region school. The out-of-region coach can not evaluate the officiates' performance. SOOOOOO ...... in all the 50/50 calls who do you think is going to get the call. Of course the coach/team that can evaluate the officials. You would think this is a easy fix and let both coaches evaluate the officiates but that is not the case.