Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KSR Final Top 25 Ranklings 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trinity deserves their ranking but I think they are a notch or two below the Redhounds and Boyle. As I said before, I'd love to see those three play a round-robin. I'd say Corbin would finish 2-0 , Boyle 1-1, and Trinity 0-2. All three were championship caliber teams.
(12-04-2023, 04:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Trinity deserves their ranking but I think they are a notch or two below the Redhounds and Boyle. As I said  before, I'd love to see those three play a round-robin. I'd say Corbin would finish 2-0 , Boyle 1-1, and Trinity 0-2. All three were championship caliber teams.

Two of those three were state championship teams. Corbin was a district championship team.
They still haven’t got these right. How would CAL be that high. They lost to LCA. That’s a team that lost at Mayfield by 20. Then, how could one possibly rate LCA ahead of Beechwood. They had one common opponent. They played them at the same location. LCA lost by 20 and Beechwood lost on a last second field goal. If you watched the two of them play, the eye test would definitely lead you to the same conclusion, Beechwood was better.
(12-04-2023, 04:46 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: [ -> ]They still haven’t got these right. How would CAL be that high. They lost to LCA. That’s a team that lost at Mayfield by 20. Then, how could one possibly rate LCA ahead of Beechwood. They had one common opponent. They played them at the same location. LCA lost by 20 and Beechwood lost on a last second field goal. If you watched the two of them play, the eye test would definitely lead you to the same conclusion, Beechwood was better.

Same thought when I saw it earlier. Think you have to slide CAL down behind the 2A big 4. I watched LCA/Mayfield, O'Cath/Somerset, Beechwood/Mayfield, and O'Cath/Mayfield, plus several other LCA games this year. LCA was definitely the 4th best 2A team, and CAL lost to them at home.
(12-04-2023, 04:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Trinity deserves their ranking but I think they are a notch or two below the Redhounds and Boyle. As I said  before, I'd love to see those three play a round-robin. I'd say Corbin would finish 2-0 , Boyle 1-1, and Trinity 0-2. All three were championship caliber teams.
I probably shouldn’t feed the troll but how do you figure Corbin would finish 2-0 in that round robin when they couldn’t beat one of the teams on that list a few weeks ago and already has an 0-1 record in your mythical tournament?
While I don't agree a lot of the time with KSR state football rankings and since the discussion seems to be focused on the top three. I will say on that KSR got it correct. As a follower of the Douglass up close Douglass is the only team on the list I believe to have played all 3 and I think that is the correct order with a very small difference between all three and especially between Corbin and Trinity.
Cov Cath way to high.