Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Pre-season games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got to watch several 13th region teams play the past few weeks. I personally think the region is much more open than some would care to admit. Especially in regards to the Facebook media individual rankings. I mean if I'm ranking kids there's not going to be any tie!! Can you imagine having a tie for Mr. Basketball. LOL But getting to the games. My Tigers are defiantly hungry this season. I wasn't a fan of the new hire. I was hoping for another candidate, but i will say Jones seems to be doing well this far. Bundy is playing like a animal and will be tough for anyone to stop. He set the tone against Henry Clay. Wagers does so many things right and is a workhorse who's agility is great for a kid his size and shares the ball well. The Jackson kid is playing great too. Clay really did well considering they were without Harris and Dezarn and still got the dub. Many people I spoke with thought the ball movement and speed they played at was better with the current line-ups. If Clay holds it together I think they win the 49th. Although i haven't seen Jackson County play yet i believe they have a shot at runner up. North has the talent but are very youth loaded. I have not seen them play. But will be interesting to see how their seasons goes. I got to say i personally will miss watching the best to ever do it in the 13th in my lifetime. 

Bell county is young but very talented and really get after it. Sizemore seems to have found new life and was coaching his but off. They will give everyone a game this year and in the future will be at the top'

Whitley has some players but looked very out of sync. They have the players with skills to go far. Its early and the 50th is the toughest district hands down.

Lynn Camps new coach seems to have things going the right way. Thought he did a excellent job and his team played very hard. Still got a few kids who seemed unruly, but the coached seemed to be non tolerant of the attitudes. 

South beat a really good young Rockcastle team coming off a loss to Simon Kenton days ago. Mabe is a force appears to have worked on the off hand this summer finished excellent both ways. I was impressed with his game especially for early season. He will be a tough match up for most all teams with the exception of Clay and Corbin. I believe both teams have good options to match up. The returning Steele kid looked really good early but exited the game early. Not sure if it was due to injury or what. Didn't recognize the point guard. Gentlemen setting next to me said he was a freshman brother to the Steele kid. Very aggressive and scrapy player. He handled the ball really well for a freshman. The guard transfer Rawlings from North looked really impressive. Shot the ball excellent and played several positions and him and Mabe clicked like they had played together for a long time and has to be the best defensive player in the region had numerous steals. Not sure how or why he left, but it will sure will benefit my tigers in district. Davis has South looking good for early. He is still clearly the best coach in the region.

Corbin i haven't seen play yet. I know what they have returning and are in my opinion the favorites to win the region.

Knox have not seen play. Heard they won and looked much better than most expected. Madden will for sure coach them up and demand their best.

Williamsburg have not seen.

Harlan County is everything that has been been anticipated. Best offensive team hands down. Noah is a beast and appears to have slimed down. He pretty much gets a bucket when he wants it from where he wants. Athleticism has definitely went next level to. You better guard him an Huff at the logo Jones has no cage on those two bears.  The other kids play their roles well. Huff can score at will as well. 13th region better be glad he's not as big as Noah. He compliments the Big Bear well though. Them and Corbin would not shock me. But i'm staying with the black and yellow pulling one out this year.
(11-27-2023, 11:49 AM)BallAlcoholic Wrote: [ -> ]Got to watch several 13th region teams play the past few weeks. I personally think the region is much more open than some would care to admit. Especially in regards to the Facebook media individual rankings. I mean if I'm ranking kids there's not going to be any tie!! Can you imagine having a tie for Mr. Basketball. LOL But getting to the games. My Tigers are defiantly hungry this season. I wasn't a fan of the new hire. I was hoping for another candidate, but i will say Jones seems to be doing well this far. Bundy is playing like a animal and will be tough for anyone to stop. He set the tone against Henry Clay. Wagers does so many things right and is a workhorse who's agility is great for a kid his size and shares the ball well. The Jackson kid is playing great too. Clay really did well considering they were without Harris and Dezarn and still got the dub. Many people I spoke with thought the ball movement and speed they played at was better with the current line-ups. If Clay holds it together I think they win the 49th. Although i haven't seen Jackson County play yet i believe they have a shot at runner up. North has the talent but are very youth loaded. I have not seen them play. But will be interesting to see how their seasons goes. I got to say i personally will miss watching the best to ever do it in the 13th in my lifetime. 

Bell county is young but very talented and really get after it. Sizemore seems to have found new life and was coaching his but off. They will give everyone a game this year and in the future will be at the top'

Whitley has some players but looked very out of sync. They have the players with skills to go far. Its early and the 50th is the toughest district hands down.

Lynn Camps new coach seems to have things going the right way. Thought he did a excellent job and his team played very hard. Still got a few kids who seemed unruly, but the coached seemed to be non tolerant of the attitudes. 

South beat a really good young Rockcastle team coming off a loss to Simon Kenton days ago. Mabe is a force appears to have worked on the off hand this summer finished excellent both ways. I was impressed with his game especially for early season. He will be a tough match up for most all teams with the exception of Clay and Corbin. I believe both teams have good options to match up. The returning Steele kid looked really good early but exited the game early. Not sure if it was due to injury or what. Didn't recognize the point guard. Gentlemen setting next to me said he was a freshman brother to the Steele kid. Very aggressive and scrapy player. He handled the ball really well for a freshman. The guard transfer Rawlings from North looked really impressive. Shot the ball excellent and played several positions and him and Mabe clicked like they had played together for a long time and has to be the best defensive player in the region had numerous steals. Not sure how or why he left, but it will sure will benefit my tigers in district. Davis has South looking good for early. He is still clearly the best coach in the region.

Corbin i haven't seen play yet. I know what they have returning and are in my opinion the favorites to win the region.

Knox have not seen play. Heard they won and looked much better than most expected. Madden will for sure coach them up and demand their best.

Williamsburg have not seen.

Harlan County is everything that has been been anticipated. Best offensive team hands down. Noah is a beast and appears to have slimed down. He pretty much gets a bucket when he wants it from where he wants. Athleticism has definitely went next level to. You better guard him an Huff at the logo Jones has no cage on those two bears.  The other kids play their roles well. Huff can score at will as well. 13th region better be glad he's not as big as Noah. He compliments the Big Bear well though. Them and Corbin would not shock me. But i'm staying with the black and yellow pulling one out this year.

Good to finally hear from a 13th region fan. Good post. I hated to see Coach Gray go. I thought he was a good coach who went through a rough stretch the last couple of years. Hopefully, Jones can stay out of trouble this time. Wouldn't count on it, though.  Right now, I'm gonna say:

1.  Harlan County(because they have the region's best player)

2.  Corbin ( a lot of starters returning from last year)

3.  South Laurel (Jeff Davis, region's best coach)

4. Clay County ( on the rise again)

I think any of those four could make some noise come time for the region tourney.
Akal is the best coach n the region.
Sizemore is probably the second best coach in the region now that he has gotten rid of all of all his assistants from north. (Parents & administration)
Welcome back 13th region hoops we have missed you!!
(11-27-2023, 10:41 PM)insideinfo Wrote: [ -> ]Akal is the best coach n the region.
Sizemore is probably the second best coach in the region now that he has gotten rid of all of all his assistants from north. (Parents & administration)

I have to respectfully disagree. Akal and Sizemore are okay but I would rate Davis and Pietrowski above them.
(11-28-2023, 01:27 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2023, 10:41 PM)insideinfo Wrote: [ -> ]Akal is the best coach n the region.

I have to respectfully disagree. Akal and Sizemore are okay but I would rate Davis and Pietrowski above them.

There is Jeff Davis and then there is everyone else. He consistently wins with teams considered to have less “talent”. That is the sign of a great coach, it’s easy to win if you have players way better than your opponent.
Teams-
1. HC
2. Corbin
2B South (the addition of rawlings is huge)
4. Clay
5. Bell (they looked great in their scrimmage against top 20 mad south without 2 starters still on the field)

Coaches
1. Davis
2. Sizemore
3. Coach P
4. Akal (if he has success this year with all the roster turnover)
(11-28-2023, 03:02 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2023, 01:27 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

There is Jeff Davis and then there is everyone else. He consistently wins with teams considered to have less “talent”. That is the sign of a great coach, it’s easy to win if you have players way better than your opponent.

I agree with you. Jeff can beat teams with better talent that his team more often than any other coach. Pietrowski is good at it as well but Jeff has owned Tony the last five years, so I put Jeff in the top spot.
It’s hard for me to think Coach Davis and Coach P are the top two coaches in the region, They have more resources than any of the other school. Corbin has the best administration for sports in the region and South has the biggest pool of kids to draw from. And it just seems like it’s been awhile since either one has been region champs.