Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County vs CAL (3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP) 12/2-2PM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bell somehow found a way to make it to Kroger. CAL has been nothing short of dominant. 

Who you got?

This one may get out of hand.
Bell’s seriously put together one of the more impressive playoff runs I’ve seen out of them after coming up short in the district earlier in the year Rock. However i think their in over there heads on this one. Ima say 42-7 Cal.
(11-25-2023, 03:19 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: [ -> ]Bell’s seriously put together one of the more impressive playoff runs I’ve seen out of them after coming up short in the district earlier in the year Rock. However i think their in over there heads on this one. Ima say 42-7 Cal.
I agree but will give Daniel Thomas the benefit of the doubt and say he scores three times. He’s easily the best running back I’ve seen in a long, long time. He can will the Bobcats to a couple scores by himself with how hard and powerful he hits the gaps.
Cal 56
Bell 7
wont be much of a game but im sure thomas will get his what a remarkable career
Cal running clock
Going with my old friend Dudley in this one. It’ll be upset in a lot of people’s minds but not mine. Bell County wins by a TD that Daniel Thomas runs right down CAL throat. Glad to see the Bell County Bobcats back at Kroger Field. I may have to pull out my Bell County Parka from the closet for this one..Dudley said to me if we can get there we can win it.. Don’t count the old man out just yet. Go Bobcats..
13,200 CAL to 0 Bell County tuition cost!
Cal 88 Bell 0
Bells got Dudley into this mess and there’s only one way he knows how to get out of it and that’s to win a state title. Go Bell!
If Bell can control the clock with run game and slow CAL offense a few times don’t rule Bobcats out. It will be extremely hard to do those things but pulling for Bell in this one.
I am pulling for Bell and Daniel Thomas to be Mr. Football!!!
They may or may not win, but you can bet they will do their best and leave it all on the field.
Would love to see Bell County pull it out, but CAL is on a different level than the rest of 3A.
Cal running clock
Kick- off is at noon on Saturday. Game will be over at 12:30. It won’t even be close.
It’s been obvious all year that CAL is on another level than everyone else in 3A. Championship game won’t be any different IMO. Be close for a little while….but the points will begin to mount up once CAL’s defense settles in.
Cal has a great defense. But bell has a great offensive line. I believe bells line will dominate but cals secondary will eat them alive
CAL
Daniel Thomas is going to have to have an Isaac Dixon type performance vs Paducah Tilghman for Bell to have a shot. I think CAL is too good and wins by 3 td. But Dudley will play ball control and give his team a shot.
(11-27-2023, 12:37 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]Daniel Thomas is going to have to have an Isaac Dixon type performance vs Paducah Tilghman for Bell to have a shot. I think CAL is too good and wins by 3 td. But Dudley will play ball control and give his team a shot.
that’s the most accurate post yet. Getting running clocked is possible, but unlikely strictly on style of play. Bell is the most physical team in 3A along with the pirates, and can move the ball. But defensively will probably not be able to stop the Cal attack at all. Bell can get first downs, control the clock, play great and still lose by 21. But anything more than that would mean turnovers and mistakes. If they can get 1-2 stops, and play penalty and turnover free, they can be within a punchers chance.
Would love to see Bell pull a shocker... but let's be real here...

CAL 48
Bell 14
(11-25-2023, 01:41 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I am pulling for Bell and Daniel Thomas to be Mr. Football!!!
They may or may not win, but you can bet they will do their best and leave it all on the field.

I'm with GB, absolutely pulling for this young man to win the title of Mr. Football.
(11-27-2023, 12:58 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2023, 12:37 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]Daniel Thomas is going to have to have an Isaac Dixon type performance vs Paducah Tilghman for Bell to have a shot. I think CAL is too good and wins by 3 td. But Dudley will play ball control and give his team a shot.
that’s the most accurate post yet. Getting running clocked is possible, but unlikely strictly on style of play. Bell is the most physical team in 3A along with the pirates, and can move the ball. But defensively will probably not be able to stop the Cal attack at all. Bell can get first downs, control the clock, play great and still lose by 21. But anything more than that would mean turnovers and mistakes. If they can get 1-2 stops, and play penalty and turnover free, they can be within a punchers chance.
YouRock  well said
I would like to see Bell County bring it home!
CAL, running clock. I watched the bell co bs hart county game on film, if number 4 for bell county is the Thomas guy, well , let’s just say in my opinion he’s not not near the back Hensley for LCA is, sorry if that offends anyone.
You're right.
#4 breaks records while other running backs are breaking for the season.
(11-30-2023, 02:26 AM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]CAL, running clock. I watched the bell co bs hart county game on film, if number 4 for bell county is the Thomas guy, well , let’s just say in my opinion he’s not not near the back Hensley for LCA is, sorry if that offends anyone.

I'm not offended in the least; however, how many NATIONAL records does Hensley hold?
I think it's very reasonable to compare the 2 RBs

D. Thomas 361/3682 (10.20 per attempt) 53 TDs.    32.8% (1209 yds) of his season total came against Bell Co's bottom 5 opponents.
B. Hensley 235/2408 (10.24 per attempt) 43 TDs.    20.5% (493 yds) of his season total came against LCA's bottom 5 opponents.

Career
D. Thomas
2022 208/2228 (10.71 per attempt) 29 TDs.
2021 120/778  (6.48 per attempt) 11 TDs.
2020 47/320  (6.81 per attempt) 1 TD.

B. Hensley
2022 196/1470 (7.50 per attempt) 16 TDs.   *missed 4 games to injury
2021 225/1804  (8.02 per attempt) 31 TDs.
2020 no attempts.

I'll give Mr. Hensley the edge this year for slightly better statistics compared against a tougher schedule.
*Note: He also saw tougher competition in prior seasons while playing for 6A Madison Central.

The overall body of work goes to Mr. Thomas. While he gets more touches in the system Bell Co plays, defenses are also keying on him and loading the box.

National records are very impressive no matter the situation and the reason I feel Daniel Thomas should be Mr. KY football 2023. It's much like the year Cory Robinson won it when he threw for a national record 91 TDs in 2007.
Bell needs to slow the game down but still not enough.

CAL 3 TDS
(11-30-2023, 09:31 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's very reasonable to compare the 2 RBs

D. Thomas 361/3682 (10.20 per attempt) 53 TDs.    32.8% (1209 yds) of his season total came against Bell Co's bottom 5 opponents.
B. Hensley 235/2408 (10.24 per attempt) 43 TDs.    20.5% (493 yds) of his season total came against LCA's bottom 5 opponents.

Career
D. Thomas
2022 208/2228 (10.71 per attempt) 29 TDs.
2021 120/778  (6.48 per attempt) 11 TDs.
2020 47/320  (6.81 per attempt) 1 TD.

B. Hensley
2022 196/1470 (7.50 per attempt) 16 TDs.   *missed 4 games to injury
2021 225/1804  (8.02 per attempt) 31 TDs.
2020 no attempts.

I'll give Mr. Hensley the edge this year for slightly better statistics compared against a tougher schedule.
*Note: He also saw tougher competition in prior seasons while playing for 6A Madison Central.

The overall body of work goes to Mr. Thomas. While he gets more touches in the system Bell Co plays, defenses are also keying on him and loading the box.

National records are very impressive no matter the situation and the reason I feel Daniel Thomas should be Mr. KY football 2023. It's much like the year Cory Robinson won it when he threw for a national record 91 TDs in 2007.
Like you said, Hensley has played in 6A. Saw and put up great numbers vs other tough 6A schools. This year’s competition is nothing to compare. And the ungodly numbers he put up against BG, CAL, Boyle, Lex Cath, Pikeville and Maysville who all by the way we’re all in the state semis or finals… is out of this world. KY Mr. Football should be Hensley.
Pages: 1 2 3