Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co 60. Clay Co 50. (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wasn’t at the scrimmage and don’t have details but with new coach at Clay who was supposed to change things it doesn’t appear to have changed much.   Whitley will be third in their district behind South Laurel and Corbin so that can’t be a good thing for Mighty Clay

Change my mind……..
Clay will be 2nd behind Harlan Co in the 13th region
Okay that statement really does not provide any facts or evidence to support belief that the Clay will be second in the region.

Give something more that a blind unsupported statement.

It’s all open for debate….

Change my mind

(11-22-2023, 12:51 PM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]Clay will be 2nd behind Harlan Co in the 13th region

With so little known about teams at this point we can blindly rate teams based on coaching and returning players and last season’s performances

That being said…

1. Harlan Co
2. South/Corbin
3. Corbin/South
4. North
5. Whitley
6. Teams to be named later
It's been all downhill for the Tigers since the two Legends were put away, Keith , to the dust in the wind, and Farmer trading uniform #32 for uniform # 16226-032 . I liked Coach Gray but , with this new guy, it's probably only a matter of time before we hear more rumors of inappropriate actions with inappropriate people. I say more drama with Clay this season. They finish below HC, Corbin, and South, at least, and Old School will be loving it!!!
I don't think one preseason scrimmage means very much. The summer doesn't prove anything either, I know, but Clay played very hard and had several impressive players and looked like a team capable of competing for a regional championship.
I don’t know about the scrimmage, but they looked pretty good against Pineville in the first game of the year. When Hayden Harris only puts up 9 and you win by 17 on the road, that’s impressive. I think saying they are in the region contention is delusional, but they are a good basketball team. These guys gotta get used to being on the floor with Roark. The way he plays really takes over the game, even from his own players. But they looked pretty good together last night.

Mercer might be a tough game, but who knows. Harlan should be similar to last night in my opinion with so many new faces and one elite guard. But it’s not impossible to say they head into the christmas tournaments undefeated and go into the jungle after new years undefeated.
(11-29-2023, 12:56 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t know about the scrimmage, but they looked pretty good against Pineville in the first game of the year. When Hayden Harris only puts up 9 and you win by 17 on the road, that’s impressive. I think saying they are in the region contention is delusional, but they are a good basketball team. These guys gotta get used to being on the floor with Roark. The way he plays really takes over the game, even from his own players. But they looked pretty good together last night.

Mercer might be a tough game, but who knows. Harlan should be similar to last night in my opinion with so many new faces and one elite guard. But it’s not impossible to say they head into the christmas tournaments undefeated and go into the jungle after new years undefeated.

Harris didn’t even play against Whitley and another kid was injured.
The ball movement against Pineville was way better than it had been the last 5 years. Effort was much better all around as well but the defense has to improve a ton if the Tigers are going to contend for a regional title.
Go Colonels!