Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland at Kentucky Country Day 11/24 4th Round Playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Raceland (10-3)
Aug 18, 23 Ashland Blazer away (L) 21 - 28 
Aug 25, 23 Letcher County Central away (W) 40 - 20 
Sep 8, 23 Pikeville away (W) 7 - 6 
Sep 15, 23 Highlands home (L) 0 - 40 
Sep 22, 23 Newport Central Catholic home (W) 40 - 14 
Sep 29, 23 Hazard away (W) 43 - 0 
Oct 6, 23 Fairview home (W) 67 - 0 
Oct 13, 23 Paris home (W) 43 - 13 
Oct 20, 23 Nicholas County away (W) 49 - 14 
Oct 27, 23 Lexington Christian home (L) 21 - 48 
Nov 3, 23 Berea home (W) 1 - 0 - Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals (Forfeit) 
Nov 10, 23 Frankfort home (W) 61 - 19 Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 17, 23 Sayre away (W) 42 - 27 Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Kentucky Country Day (11-2)
Aug 18, 23 Atherton away (W) 31 - 20 
Aug 26, 23 Carroll County home (W) 51 - 21 
Sep 1, 23 DeSales away (W) 24 - 23 (overtime) 
Sep 8, 23 Walton-Verona home (W) 43 - 7 
Sep 15, 23 John Hardin away (W) 28 - 3 
Sep 22, 23 LaRue County away (W) 49 - 26 
Oct 6, 23 Holy Cross (Louisville) home (W) 19 - 16 
Oct 13, 23 Bethlehem home (W) 35 - 28 
Oct 20, 23 Campbellsville away (L) 13 - 21 
Oct 27, 23 Henry County home (L) 24 - 34 
Nov 3, 23 Fulton County home (W) 50 - 0  Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 10, 23 Bethlehem home (W) 42 - 20 Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 17, 23 Ludlow home (W) 29 - 16 Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Recent History
NONE
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d
I expect this game to mirror the games Paintsville played against KCD in ‘19&’20. Raceland will stop the run and run the ball down their throat.

35-14
Second meeting all time. Raceland won 41-8 in 1980.
I think the Rams win with a similar score and make another trip to Lexington.
(11-19-2023, 11:01 AM)2000PHS Wrote: [ -> ]I expect this game to mirror the games Paintsville played against KCD in ‘19&’20. Raceland will stop the run and run the ball down their throat.

35-14
I agree with this take.  I look for another game like last week with Raceland running the ball 40+ times.  After watching some film on KCD I don’t think they will be able to stop the Rams rushing attack or produce enough offense to match Raceland’s scoring.

Rams 49
KCD 21
You're exactly right Blaze, another dose of ground and pound. They appear to be a little more disciplined than Sayre so hopefully they go away quietly. The score may be a little closer but in the end 49-21 sounds reasonable.
Rams big on to Kroger
(11-19-2023, 11:59 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]Rams big on to Kroger
Idk about you Pat but I believe Raceland and Pikeville should be playing at home enjoying a great after thanksgiving workout before the game. The RPI sucks
(11-19-2023, 12:01 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2023, 11:59 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]Rams big on to Kroger
Idk about you Pat but I believe Raceland and Pikeville should be playing at home enjoying a great after thanksgiving workout before the game. The RPI sucks
Lord for give me but I agree with RAMDAD50 and definitely on the RPI thing
Eventually depth and physicality prevail. Raceland and Pikeville looked to be on the ropes early in the regional finals, imo, thats as close as either comes to getting upset. KCD has some atheletes but I don’t think their QB is as good as Pennington. And I definitely don’t think they have a Coffman. Rams roll up a lot of rushes and rush yards yet again and roll on o Kroger.

Rams 49
Bearcats 14
I’m picking Raceland to play Campbleasville at Kroger. 

Why not.
Rams with a running clock. RRR
One more paper tiger RPI warrior to go! KCD not as good as Sayre. Rams by eleventy billion!
More I watch film…the more I agree. Sayre looks better than KCD.
On paper these teams as equal as it comes. Both Kentucky Country Day and Raceland both come in averaging close to 34 points per game and giving up 18 points per game.
On paper, KCD didn't play Ashland, LCA, Highlands and Pikeville.
Raceland and it won’t be close
We should have had Willie Nelson's picture painted on our school bus from his "On the Road Again" Single. Would have been a great sponsorship.
The RAM Bus moves on to Kroger Field next week. Hope Pikeville wins as well, & they will.
Watch out! KCD has speed! I think Raceland wind this but keep an eye on it!
Both Raceland and Pikeville kids should go into both games pissed off with their ears pinned back because both should be playing at home this week.

Just noticed that KCD’s top Running back hasn’t played at all in the playoffs.
Noticed Friday night at end of game one of Racelands running backs was limping and had his thigh taped. Anything to that?
I think Raceland could very well go on to win it all. Ive had Raceland 1A and Pikeville 1B all year long in 1A.
Pikeville in November and December is a different animal. Raceland has played on the big stage several times, but Pikeville has WON on the biggest stage multiple times. I will give you Raceland being #1 through the regular season. That being said, right now, it’s hard to give them an edge over the Panthers. And this is coming from a die hard Ram Fan.
(11-20-2023, 01:57 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville in November and December is a different animal. Raceland has played on the big stage several times, but Pikeville has WON on the biggest stage multiple times. I will give you Raceland being #1 through the regular season. That being said, right now, it’s hard to give them an edge over the Panthers. And this is coming from a die hard Ram Fan.
I agree.  I think we are right on the edge of getting over the hump but we have to get through this week and Pikeville after that (assuming they make it).  Our team is playing very inspired football right now and will be a tough out the rest of the way.
(11-20-2023, 02:15 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2023, 01:57 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville in November and December is a different animal. Raceland has played on the big stage several times, but Pikeville has WON on the biggest stage multiple times. I will give you Raceland being #1 through the regular season. That being said, right now, it’s hard to give them an edge over the Panthers. And this is coming from a die hard Ram Fan.
I agree.  I think we are right on the edge of getting over the hump but we have to get through this week and Pikeville after that (assuming they make it).  Our team is playing very inspired football right now and will be a tough out the rest of the way.
Hopefully the coach won’t decide to throw with 5 minutes to go and ahead three touchdowns after running for 400 yards
(11-20-2023, 02:29 PM)Old Ramfan Wrote: [ -> ]
Hopefully the coach won’t decide to throw with 5 minutes to go and ahead three touchdowns after running for 400 yards
That call had me scratching my head as well.  We didn’t throw the ball all night and it made no sense to start passing in that situation.
(11-20-2023, 03:12 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
That call had me scratching my head as well.  We didn’t throw the ball all night and it made no sense to start passing in that situation.
Come on man ... he was trying to cover the point spread for all of our fans who bet on the game.
(11-20-2023, 06:21 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]
Come on man ... he was trying to cover the point spread for all of our fans who bet on the game.
Big Grin
(11-20-2023, 06:21 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]
That’s funny
If that was the case and I bet on the game I would have been upset because I predicted a 21 point victory.
Pages: 1 2 3