Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 34 Middlesboro 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came away very impressed with Middlesboro, they are undoubtedly very improved from the past several seasons.

They gave the Panthers all they could handle in the 1st half and led 8-0 late in the 2nd Quarter.  At that point Branden Anthony took over and finished unofficially with 276 yards and 4 TDs and besides the fumble around the 10 yard line when the Panthere were probably going in for another score he was phenomenal. The Jackets showed a lot of grit going 90 yards for a TD after that fumble.

Overall, more competitive than I probably anticipated but that's what the Panthers needed.  With Coach French the Jackets will make noise in Class A going forward I suspect. Class A needs a solid Middleboro team

Good luck to the Panthers next week, though I'm not sure who and where they play, and Good Luck to the Jackets next season.
Not a bad showing by mboro. They hung in there
Pikeville is clicking at the right time. They are the best team in 1A right now.
(11-18-2023, 12:25 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]Not a bad showing by mboro. They hung in there

Middesboro looked good
Told you Middlesboro would play tough. Grigsby is a player. They just depend on him too much.
Middlesboro played hard. Pikeville was doing some head scratching things in the first quarter. No idea if they tried to install something new or what but the center was snapping the ball before they were ready to go. Too many penalties on Pikeville tonight. Couple of personal fouls. 1 questionable late hit and another for jawing with an opposing player. Probably should have been called on both players but just silly. Middlesboro led 8-0 deep in the 2nd quarter and Pikeville scored twice in the last 3 minutes. Got the ball to open second half. Scored again and rolled from there. Only hiccup being a fumble but that was about the only thing Anthony did wrong tonight. Kid wasn’t going to be stopped. He’s a load for anyone in 1A. Dominant last 3 quarters from Pikeville. Jackets lose their QB and WR and several other important pieces. That was their offense tonight. I think Williamsburg wins that district next 2 years.
Very good game. As a mboro fan it hurts but it’s about what I expected. Actually very competitive the first 2 and half quarters. I felt pikeville took control after scoring on the opening drive of the second half. Middlesboro have a pick and a turnover on downs inside the red zone in the first half hurt us. Especially the turnover on 4th when it was 8-6 middlesboro with a chance to score if they get the first. Pikeville got the stop and boykins immediately went to work on us along with 35 to punch it in right before half. Big momentum swing the underdog’s couldn’t afford.
I was also surprised by this score.
Jackets came to play and hopefully earned some respect. The difference in this game was the Line play. Pikeville out manned Middlesboro on both sides of the trenches. The 13-0 swing at half was the ball game. Great game even in the pouring rain.
Respect to Middlesboro, they came to win and played hard. Good tough win for the Panthers.
Shocked by score.

The A-Train can play and is basically our entire offense.
Congratulations to Pikeville and like most posters on here have said the Boro come to play and took it to Pikeville the first and half way into the second quarter. I was very impressed with The Boro in this game so congratulations to those young men the played hard
(11-18-2023, 12:33 AM)BBN2021 Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville is clicking at the right time. They are the best team in 1A right now.
I agree, outside of Raceland.
Add BB to the list of people who don't know the guy who rushed for 274 yards and 4 TDs against Middlesboro didn't play against Raceland.
(11-18-2023, 04:52 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Add BB to the list of people who don't know the guy who rushed for 274 yards and 4 TDs against Middlesboro didn't play against Raceland.
Add him to the people who didn’t watch the first game or Raceland homers. Pikeville should have won that first meeting by 2-3 scores without their biggest weapon. They didn’t. Raceland won by a blocked XP. Good win but if the Rams/their fans/or anyone else came away from that game thinking they were/are the better team, I know they didn’t watch or don’t know football. Raceland can beat Pikeville again if they have the chance to play. But it would have to be a scenario where Pikeville plays like that again. They did for about a half this week so it’s definitely possible. Pikeville has to beat Campbellsville first and that’s not a given. Raceland also may have defensive issues with KCD but I don’t think KCD can stop them on defense similar to what we saw this week with Sayre. I think they’ll get a chance to do it again at Kroger.
Pikeville wins it. We have it all we had and it was good enough for a half but you guys had the horses. 35 didn’t play vs Raceland he is a difference maker on both sides of the ball. A try hs football player. He scores on tough yardage plays vs Raceland early in the season. Good luck stay healthy and it should be fun to watch. Glad we could put up some resistance against the powerhouse that is Pikeville. Our kids fought like hell just wasn’t enough.
How about Lee Majors... Smile Did he show?
There is a reason Pikeville had trouble that 1st quarter. It had nothing to do with not being on the same page .
Respect to Middlesboro for playing tough. Pikeville didn't look sharp to me, kind of just going through the motions. Maybe it was due to the rain and maybe Middlesboro had more of a hand in it than I realize.

As for all this better team stuff. One could argue that Raceland does have the better overall "team" if Pikeville depends on one player that much (as stated to the difference with him). Raceland had the better team the night they played, with the players who suited up. As for the next potential matchup between the two, I'll agree with those who feel Pikeville being a moderate to high favorite.
(11-18-2023, 08:16 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]How about Lee Majors... Smile Did he show?
Lee Majors hasn’t been to town since they named the field after him. It’ll be a great day when they rename that stadium after someone who deserves it. Kenny Roark, Chalk Stapleton, Greg Page to name a few.
....jetpilot
(11-22-2023, 12:22 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: [ -> ]....jetpilot

How can I help here lol