Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic 43 Rockcastle County 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final at Mount Vernon from the game thread. Thanks to the folks who did the updates.

Congratulations Knights.
Closer than expected
Congratulations rock. Thanks for participating
As expected.

(11-18-2023, 12:24 AM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]Closer than expected
You can’t be serious with this statement? It was almost a running clock just before the half, but Lex Catholic failed before time expired at half.
Congrats to Lex Cath. The Knights never missed a step. For Rock yea it was a bummer tonight but it's been a great season and a heck of a turn around from last season to this season. The seniors will go out as district champions and region runners up which realistically was the goal for the season. Beat Bell and advance passed the 2nd round. There's a lot of young talent returning next year. The future is bright.
The 3A state championship game will be next Friday in Louisville.
Question for those in the know re Catholic.

1) From looking at the stats it appears Brady Wasik has not played since Scott County. Is he expected bark in the next 2 weeks?

2) What happened to Corbin Perry. He has not dressed for most of the year. Concussion ?

3)Pereira has been out since for a good part of the year. Knee injury ?

Catholic has had a good season, but I do not think they beat CAL next week.
3A is Cal’s to lose in my opinion.
Bell County is one win away from playing in the State Championship. They travel to Hart County Friday instead of hosting at Log Mountain. Thanks Rock we travel well so enjoy your district title. We will polish our regional championship.
(11-18-2023, 01:56 AM)Ragnar Wrote: [ -> ]Bell County is one win away from playing in the State Championship. They travel to Hart County Friday instead of hosting at Log Mountain. Thanks Rock we travel well so enjoy your district title. We will polish our regional championship.
Like someone said earlier, the State Championship is next week. 
Good luck to Bell County regardless.
Pretty close to what I expected. It's easy to look fast when you're going up against Pineville, Grant County and Anderson County. But when you haven't had to have a team that has speed, and isn't one dimensional, after not seeing one all year, this is the result. Like I said before, Lexington Catholic was by far the best team that Rockcastle saw all season, while the Rockets were the 6th or 7th best team that the Knights had faced. Their schedule had them prepared for this type of game. Rockcastle's schedule? Well, it made for a pretty record and some gaudy stats, but that's it.
(11-18-2023, 01:56 AM)Ragnar Wrote: [ -> ]Bell County is one win away from playing in the State Championship. They travel to Hart County Friday instead of hosting at Log Mountain. Thanks Rock we travel well so enjoy your district title. We will polish our regional championship.
Bell rock lawrence Belfry are pretty close teams in that region, bell come out with the better end of the stick! But they still don't hold a light to cal, lex cath, and maybe even hart!
(11-18-2023, 01:47 AM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]Question for those in the know re Catholic.

1) From looking at  the stats it appears Brady Wasik has not played since Scott County. Is he expected bark in the next 2 weeks?

2) What happened to Corbin Perry. He has not dressed for most of the year. Concussion ?

3)Pereira has been out since for a good part of the year. Knee injury ?

Catholic has had a good season, but I do not think they beat CAL next week.
I’m surprised you don’t know the answer to these, especially being an LC follower lol. Anyways question.
1. He played last night vs. Rockcastle and only missed the previous game (load management) lol. He will be playing the next 2 games.
2. Perry kid is one concussion away from giving up football. He’s also a back to back state champ lacrosse player, so he most likely want to extend his chances to play lacrosse.
3. Pereira kid sustained a knee injury and from the sounds of things, might be done for the season and will return healthy next season.
As far as LC not have enough to beat CAL, you have watched them plenty and I’m sure they have plenty of players to match with CAL.
The RPI has failed us in 3A for having the best teams in the championship game. Bell and especially Hart has had a great season, but both will lose big to either CAL or Lex Cath. I fully expect CAL to win, but Lex Cath is the last team in 3A that will be able to give them any type of game.
(11-18-2023, 02:52 PM)Rip/Spin Wrote: [ -> ]The RPI has failed us in 3A for having the best teams in the championship game.  Bell and especially Hart has had a great season, but both will lose big to either CAL or Lex Cath.  I fully expect CAL to win, but Lex Cath is the last team in 3A that will be able to give them any type of game.

RPI didn’t fail, Lex Cath played a very tough schedule that prepared them to make a deep run while knowing they could take a rankings hit if they lost those tough games. At the end of the day they lost 4 games in the regular season and rankings systems of any kind do not rewards losing 4 games over undefeated or 1 loss teams regardless of strength of schedule. With that said, you have to beat the best to be the best and Lex Cath will played a schedule preparing to beat the best.

Polish that "Reginal Championship " trophy all you want but deep down you know your the 2nd best team in your district.
(11-18-2023, 05:24 PM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: [ -> ]

Polish that "Reginal Championship " trophy all you want but deep down you know your the 2nd best team in your district.

I agree, that's taking a weak jab at a team that won head-to-head at their place. Congrats Rock on a great season.
(11-20-2023, 10:11 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree, that's taking a weak jab at a team that won head-to-head at their place. Congrats Rock on a great season.

the Rock is salty
(11-20-2023, 10:15 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]

the Rock is salty 
The rock’s playmakers were a no show Friday night. All I heard and saw on these post that rock had some “speed” and athletes than can keep up with LC.
(11-18-2023, 01:06 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]As expected.

(11-18-2023, 12:24 AM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]Closer than expected
You can’t be serious with this statement? It was almost a running clock just before the half, but Lex Catholic failed before time expired at half.

I think your understanding of sarcasm got running clocked.
(11-20-2023, 10:53 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]

the Rock is salty 
The rock’s playmakers were a no show Friday night. All I heard and saw on these post that rock had some “speed” and athletes than can keep up with LC.

It's easy to look fast when you're playing Pineville and Grant County....
(11-20-2023, 10:53 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]

the Rock is salty 

Can't speak for what you've "heard" but you're overexaggerating about "all" the posts. Go back and read the pre-game thread. It's 85% to 15% stating Lexington Catholic as heavy favorite, including me. You can't fault the Rockcastle guy for being optimistic about his team.
Every one can’t let it go huh? We lost Catholic made sure it was over quick. Left no doubt they were the better team. The reason we looked slow was bc Caleb has been playing with a broken toe,Christian been playing hurt foot that needs surgery and Goodin never played a snap who does all the blocking for Tucker due to several different injuries. No excuses made here by me but that’s why we looked the way we did. Not saying we would have won but if we were healthy it would have been a better team performance. At the end of the day if we couldn’t beat Catholic no way we would win against Cal and even tho Catholic is having to play them I still say Cal is 10 points or more better than Catholic.
(11-22-2023, 12:08 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]Every one can’t let it go huh? We lost Catholic made sure it was over quick. Left no doubt they were the better team. The reason we looked slow was bc Caleb has been playing with a broken toe,Christian been playing hurt foot that needs surgery and Goodin never played a snap who does all the blocking for Tucker due to several different injuries. No excuses made here by me  but that’s why we looked the way we did. Not saying we would have won but if we were healthy it would have been a better team performance. At the end of the day if we couldn’t beat Catholic no way we would win against Cal and even tho Catholic is having to play them I still say Cal is 10 points or more better than Catholic.
Hey you guys had a great year and the bell game was awesome to watch man
(11-22-2023, 01:29 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2023, 12:08 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]Every one can’t let it go huh? We lost Catholic made sure it was over quick. Left no doubt they were the better team. The reason we looked slow was bc Caleb has been playing with a broken toe,Christian been playing hurt foot that needs surgery and Goodin never played a snap who does all the blocking for Tucker due to several different injuries. No excuses made here by me  but that’s why we looked the way we did. Not saying we would have won but if we were healthy it would have been a better team performance. At the end of the day if we couldn’t beat Catholic no way we would win against Cal and even tho Catholic is having to play them I still say Cal is 10 points or more better than Catholic.
Hey you guys had a great year and the bell game was awesome to watch man
Appreciate that means a lot.