Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kansas 89 Kentucky 84
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kentucky folds again in the last four minutes.  Had a six point lead late.   Reed with a horrendous shot !!!  Plays after timeouts continue to be a problem.
(11-15-2023, 02:07 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Kentucky folds again in the last four minutes.  Had a six point lead late.   Reed with a horrendous shot !!!  Plays after timeouts continue to be a problem.
Well, all things considered, I thought they played a hell of a game. Yes we had a lead and made some bad decisions at the end but those young men played hard, I really like how they fought for loose balls. Would love to see how Dickinson does when ky throws 3 -7 footers against him, he’s a great player, but he got away with murder under the basket.
(11-15-2023, 02:36 AM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2023, 02:07 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Kentucky folds again in the last four minutes.  Had a six point lead late.   Reed with a horrendous shot !!!  Plays after timeouts continue to be a problem.
Well, all things considered, I thought they played a hell of a game. Yes we had a lead and made some bad decisions at the end but those young men played hard, I really like how they fought for loose balls. Would love to see how Dickinson does when ky throws 3 -7 footers against him, he’s a great player, but he got away with murder under the basket.

Yeah, overall I liked the effort. Just some bad decisions late. The last 30 seconds of the first half killed them as well. Could have been up 12 instead of 7. Could be a fun season when they get the big guys healthy and playing.
(11-15-2023, 04:05 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2023, 02:36 AM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, overall I liked the effort. Just some bad decisions late. The last 30 seconds of the first half killed them as well. Could have been up 12 instead of 7. Could be a fun season when they get the big guys healthy and playing.
For sure
I hadn’t been that fired up for a UK basketball then I was the first half when Reed and Dillingham went off! But we knew Kansas would make a run and they did but our young guys responded and then the last three minutes we just let Reevses shoot his arm off of and lost us the game.

But we win this game easily if Wagner and Edwards help any at all. They are highest two recruits and didn’t give us anything and Cal continually put them in the game taking minutes away from Dillingham I believe.
Overall, there was a lot of good things that make for a promising season. The last 4:00 I feel Cal let us down by not calling a timeout and forcing them to continue attacking the basket. Of course he gets the big $$$ for those decisions. Settled for way too many bad outside shots late. Was 2, maybe 3 good possessions away from winning. Once we get an inside presence to go along with what was on the floor last night, they will be hard to handle. Great effort and intensity all game!

(11-15-2023, 08:53 AM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]I hadn’t been that fired up for a UK basketball then I was the first half when Reed and Dillingham went off! But we knew Kansas would make a run and they did but our young guys responded and then the last three minutes we just let Reevses shoot his arm off of and lost us the game.

But we win this game easily if Wagner and Edwards help any at all. They are highest two recruits and didn’t give us anything and Cal continually put them in the game taking minutes away from Dillingham I believe.
Completely agree. They were non-factors and hurt us, especially late.
Fire Cal.
(11-16-2023, 07:33 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]Fire Cal.

Silliness, as always from you. Go plant some shrubs. Bet you were pleased when Cal had his troops up 12 in the first half and 6, late in the game. If Edwards and Wagner had done anything, KY would have won easily and you would have been a ghost on here.