Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lcc basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LCC needs a coaching change.. down to 12 player’s total. No one wants to play for him. Gonna be a really long season for the cougars..
As much as he has moved around, I'm surprised Taylor has lasted this long there. Going into his third consecutive season at Letcher Central, I think this is his longest tenured job of his career.
Why don’t they want to play for him? Don’t he play politics and promise starting jobs to certain kids? That usually runs off a lot of the entitled ones. I’d say the 12 he has is his best.
Yeh, shocked he stayed as well. I know we tried our best to get him but he turned it down and Harlan the year before for family reason I heard. 
He has moved a lot but always up and to better job. 
Graduated 7/8 seniors looking on khsaa. 
Lot of injuries from what I was reading Boggs leading scorer out for the year. 5 others out for year with injury. 
So maybe politics are causing some issues. That place has never been the place that wants to win. It’s more about playing the right kids from the right places. 

I know this I like Honeycutt and the fast pace system I been seeing at workouts. Taylor would’ve been a great move too if he came.
It takes commitment to play for Coach Taylor. He plays kids from all over the county. No politics. Kids love playing for him. Sounds like sour grapes to me.
I hear a lot of players are out with injury. Boggs is out for whole season and host of others with football injuries including Letcher’s QB.

Politics are an issue. I’m hearing a couple quit because he is playing younger players. In my opinion, Taylor is the best coach they have ever had since it opened. He had the best record in school history last year. Sometimes winning isn’t most important thing to a place and that’s why LCC is always at the bottom.

From what I hear, they have the same issue with girls program there. Even though they win and win, there is always lots of conflict due to politics.
Yep,,,,,always up higher to the next bigger job. For some reason he is staying at LCC I heard family.
Taylor does have a BIG problem at LCC,,,,,,,,,

He has always been in college basketball, he is use to playing players who can play and is having a hard time adjusting to high school players, DUE TO THE FACT they come along with a +1 and sometimes a +2 in PARENTS, that you have to keep happy. Speaking from the parent side of the program.

He has done a great job in 2 yrs.
Also is currently playing the kids WHO DESERVE TO PLAY instead of the +1+2 parents kids.

Whoever started this thread,,,
Great idea,,
- fire a guy who plays kids who deserve it
- fire a guy who just won co-coach of year
- fire a guy who just had best season ever for the school

Worked out last time to right,,,,,,,,CAM JUSTICE name ring a bell I was here for that fiasco too.
Had Mr. Basketball here and his father coaching and we screwed that one up.
LCC will never be a basketball school wasting a good coach on a place that doesn't want to win.
The pic of him holding the District Championship trophy shirtless and flipping the bird last year should be his profile pic if he applies for any future jobs.
unsure on that part so I wont going to judge being he wasn't the one who posted 
but it didn't effect our pursuit of him
don't think it will anyone else's if he ever leaves LCC
I'm hearing he is leaving for an in region job close to LCC next year already 
that is coming open end of year
I don’t think you can judge a man’s character based on one moment. I think Taylor seems to be a soild coach. He took Letcher from not worth mentioning to the semis last year and has developed Dixon into a top player in the region.
(11-15-2023, 02:51 PM)Grannyshot Wrote: [ -> ]The pic of him holding the District Championship trophy shirtless and flipping the bird last year should be his profile pic if he applies for any future jobs.
LOL definitely not his best moment. I'm glad the administration at Letcher doesn't seem to care how they look.
Agree not the best look. 
However I’m sure won’t stop many in the future with all he has done in coaching at Letcher alone. Also from what we have been told by admins there. A coach in the district got the pic and sent out to everyone in social media to blow it up. Which is sad to go after someone’s career.

After watching Floyd vs us the other day idk if we shouldn’t have matched whatever LCC gave him to stay.
(11-22-2023, 07:31 PM)Bluegrassbredbobcat Wrote: [ -> ]Agree not the best look. 
However I’m sure won’t stop many in the future with all he has done in coaching at Letcher alone. Also from what we have been told by admins there. A coach in the district got the pic and sent out to everyone in social media to blow it up. Which is sad to go after someone’s career.

After watching Floyd vs us the other day idk if we shouldn’t have matched whatever LCC gave him to stay.
Floyd beat them?
No, we won. Should’ve been way worse. Close till the 4th. And Floyd isn’t very good.
(11-15-2023, 03:14 PM)Bluegrassbredbobcat Wrote: [ -> ]unsure on that part so I wont going to judge being he wasn't the one who posted 
but it didn't effect our pursuit of him
don't think it will anyone else's if he ever leaves LCC
I'm hearing he is leaving for an in region job close to LCC next year already 
that is coming open end of year

So the season hasn't started yet and people are "hearing" he already has his eyes on another job? Sometimes people hear the craziest things.
LCC is a joke. Players quitting every day because of the very long practices and the way they are treated.
Sour Grapes. Best said by UKN1 

Watched today after the thread was started the other day. I have watched LCC go from nothing to a team that has to be dealt with in the 14th. Even though we have to play them.It seems few are hurt and the best players didn’t play today. Dixon wasn’t on floor at all nor was Hamilton. 

Heard they are starting multiple younger players over the older kids from the scrimmages so far. 

“Play my son even though he isn’t good but it’s not fair cause he is a junior/senior and your playing younger kids” don’t attack a coach for a players inability.
Very long practices? You either in or you ain’t. Jump off the ship if you ain’t gonna put the time in. Letcher has an excellent coach.
wait, what, long practices?   Sounds soft to me.  If you want to win and compete, you put in the work, if not then you don't
When a school and program become toxic, it takes a whole lot to fix it.

LCC is toxic in the way that they hire coaches, and who plays. They went away from that in their basketball hire, and Coach Taylor is trying to fix basketball and has done a good job.
I always enjoy getting on here and reading about local sports but I have never made a post until now. My son played 2 years under Matthew Taylor. There were days he came home and called him a slave driver and days he talked about how much fun they had or something nice Coach Taylor had done for them. There were games he barely sat down and games he got pulled out and sat on the bench. Either way that decision was up to Coach Taylor and not up to me whether I liked it or not.  I was there because of one boy, but his duty was to the team, not each player as an individual but to them all as a collective. That’s always going to cause some hurt feelings. But the truth is, I can think my son hung the moon, that he’s the best one, or works hardest or “deserves” for whatever reason. That’s fine. I’m his mom. But when I start expecting the rest of the world to feel the same, that’s when the problem is me. We all want best for our kids. So let them have to work hard, let them be disappointed, let them sit on the bench and still support their team and learn to be part of something that isn’t just about them. Because truthfully, most of us aren’t teaching them that at home. Matthew Taylor doesn’t treat our kids bad. But he will teach and expect them to be young MEN, off and on the court. The ones who stay and play for him will be better for it. I’m glad my child played for Coach Taylor.
Dixon looked to barely be able to run down the floor in overtime from exhaustion and an apparent ankle injury. 35 points and 14 rebounds most likely isn’t a consistent stat line from him, and that was needed to beat prestonsburg. LOTS of improving is needed for this team to be where they need to be. The matchup in the WYMT against Harlan CO might be a slaughter if this doesn’t improve.
Agree. The 8 injuries and especially losing Boggs for what looks to be all year is a killer. LCC is young besides Dixon. Gutted out a win. But it will take more than guts to come close to top 25 Harlan and Trent Noah.
Losing Boggs is an absolute disaster for Letcher. Anyone know if he is able to return before the season is over?
Boggs will be back