Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 2024
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bulldogs lose 15 seniors, some great players and leaders, but they do return a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. Thoughts?
(11-12-2023, 07:59 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Bulldogs lose 15 seniors, some great players and leaders, but they do return a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. Thoughts?
It’ll be the young Dawgs vs the young Pirates for the district per usual with the battle being in Louisa. Magoffin, Estill, and Powell will fight for the scraps.
Should be a dandy in Louisa next year between the Bulldogs and Pirates.
Who will be the next QB and will they stick with the pistol?
If they lose Crum, Mcdavid, and Pollock, are they just relying on Williams? And what do they return on defense?
It will be a couple of guys battling for quarterback. It’s not really a pistol formation, but I believe they will show multiple formations. Williams and many others will be getting the rock. They have tons of weapons. Defensively, their front DL all return and get back #57 Spillman and #55 Preece along with some younger guys coming up. The defense will be very athletic and quick.
Whis gonna be the next stud running back?? I know we got some good recievers but are we gonna have a decent QB that can throw the ball??
Thus was Fraziers first year as offensive coordinator for the high school. So I'd got on to say he's just gonna keep getting better as the seasons go on!!

I would like to see them send a young freshman to kicking school!! Lc needs a kicker in a bad way!! If they did, they could've capitalized multiple times, including last Fridays game!!
Laying the ball on its side everytime and squib kicking the ball is nice and all but it doesn't work everytime. "Send the ball to the end zone, and let the defense work from the whole football field, not from the 45 yard line everytime!! It costed them a touchdown on the first drive in my opinion!!
It will be Fetherolf or Frazier in my opinion at quarterback for the Dawgs next season. As far as kicking, Queen is back again for the next two seasons so I believe the kicking game will improve.
(11-13-2023, 10:27 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]It will be Fetherolf or Frazier in my opinion at quarterback for the Dawgs next season. As far as kicking, Queen is back again for the next two seasons so I believe the kicking game will improve.
Was he out or something this year? Because I didn't see him in the roster for 23' season
I know they had no kicking game at all this year
Fetherholf played the first against Rowan County.
(11-12-2023, 08:11 PM)Walter White Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 07:59 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Bulldogs lose 15 seniors, some great players and leaders, but they do return a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. Thoughts?
It’ll be the young Dawgs vs the young Pirates for the district per usual with the battle being in Louisa. Magoffin, Estill, and Powell will fight for the scraps.
Need to quit calling them the young pirates. 3rd year for what is supposed to be overly talented class. Lawrence will be only challenge for Belfry in district play as always. If they beat belfry season will be a success and if not business as usual for LC and second round road trip and probably a loss in playoffs
(11-14-2023, 09:12 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Fetherholf played the first against Rowan County.
Yea, I remember that gane and it really impressed me with how Fetherolf played.. now that they done good in the first season of all the new coaches and play calling, let's see what they can do with a bunch of young Dawgs next season!!!! I can see them still make a good run

(11-14-2023, 09:55 AM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 08:11 PM)Walter White Wrote: [ -> ]
Need to quit calling them the young pirates. 3rd year for what is supposed to be overly talented class. Lawrence will be only challenge for Belfry in district play as always. If they beat belfry season will be a success and if not business as usual for LC and second round road trip and probably a loss in playoffs
It was an unfortunate loss for Belfry last friday, As well as Lawrence!! !! Wouldn't of took much for both teams to meet in the state semis and have another barn burner of a game!! I do believe these teams match up well the next coming years!! Both teams have some great young players coming in, now we can combine them with last year's and have a great next few seasons!
I would say either Lawrence beats Belfry and competes for the region or a tough loss to Belfry and still compete for the region next few years.