Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County’s Thomas Closing In On Rushing Records
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Current season stats…

12 games played
295 rush attempts 
3159 rush yards
45 rushing touchdowns
263.2 rushing yards per game
3.8 touchdowns per game

Current KHSAA records 

Rushing TDS in a season
50- Shaun Alexander- Boone County 1994

Rushing Yards Season
3361 Frank Jones - Bath County 1969

These are the two record he has a shot at.

Not sure where his career numbers stand for those records, but here are two king standing records he could possibly break next Friday. And a win over East Carter would almost guarantee these record IMO

Just added up his career rushing yards.

He’s at 6,485 according to the khsaa stats.

JJ Jude’s record at Johnson Central at 8,633 may never be beat.
I got to see him and I like how he runs. He is a hoss. !!!!
He runs like he's trying to get away from a swarm of bees! Fun to watch.
He needs 203 yards to break the record.

East Carter is giving up about 140 per game but their schedule isn’t the toughest.

I think he breaks the record next Friday and then breaks the TD record next Friday with a win.

Looking at 3A… CAL should be a favorite this Friday against central BUT the only beat Central by a TD a few weeks ago.

If all the top seeds hold in 3A this week, next weeks game should be Rock/Lex Cath at CAL and Bell at Hart County

If Central upsets CAL which is very possible, the next round would be Central at Hart County and Rock/Lex Cath at Bell

So there’s a chance depending on what happens between Cal and Central that Bell could be at home until Kroger
(11-12-2023, 01:16 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]He needs 203 yards to break the record.

East Carter is giving up about 140 per game but their schedule isn’t the toughest.

I think he breaks the record next Friday and then breaks the TD record next Friday with a win.

Looking at 3A… CAL should be a favorite this Friday against central BUT the only beat Central by a TD a few weeks ago.

If all the top seeds hold in 3A this week, next weeks game should be Rock/Lex Cath at CAL and Bell at Hart County

If Central upsets CAL which is very possible, the next round would be Central at Hart County and Rock/Lex Cath at Bell

So there’s a chance depending on what happens between Cal and Central that Bell could be at home until Kroger
according to khsaa if Bell Wins Friday Rock/Lex Cath would be at Bell and If East Carter Wins They Would Go to Rock/Lex Cath winner and If Cal wins Union/Hart winner would go there and if Central wins they would go to Hart/ Union Winner
(11-12-2023, 09:35 AM)BobcatForever Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 01:16 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]He needs 203 yards to break the record.

according to khsaa if Bell Wins Friday Rock/Lex Cath would be at Bell and If East Carter Wins They Would Go to Rock/Lex Cath winner and If Cal wins Union/Hart winner would go there and if Central wins they would go to Hart/ Union Winner

that’s not how it works. that’s just how the bracket looks.
they are reseeded based on rpi again next week. those brackets will completely change. East and west do not matter. The final 4 teams are seeded 1-4
As a bell fan, root for central. If they win you get another home game next week. If they lose your traveling
(11-12-2023, 12:32 PM)I’m KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]

they are reseeded based on rpi again next week. those brackets will completely change. East and west do not matter. The final 4 teams are seeded 1-4
As a bell fan, root for central. If they win you get another home game next week. If they lose your traveling
If hart county loses an cal win we get home game will play union if we will
(11-12-2023, 01:25 PM)BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 12:32 PM)I’m KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]

If hart county loses an cal win we get home game will play union if we will

that’s also a possibility.
(11-12-2023, 12:32 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]

Really Bell should be cheering for Cal. As long as Cal wins, they play Hart or Union. I think they can win that game home or away, and they already proved they can travel well. What they don’t want is a Cal loss and have a shot at playing Lex cath or Central. Home or away doesn’t matter they should want the easier match up to go to state. But that’s my opinion.

gotcha was still thinking east and west but there is only 4 teams left after Friday so you are correct!!

(11-12-2023, 05:19 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]

Really Bell should be cheering for Cal. As long as Cal wins, they play Hart or Union. I think they can win that game home or away, and they already proved they can travel well. What they don’t want is a Cal loss and have a shot at playing Lex cath or Central. Home or away doesn’t matter they should want the easier match up to go to state. But that’s my opinion.
So if Cal loses and Hart Loses and Bell wins they would move to the 1 spot in RPI is that right
(11-12-2023, 05:26 PM)BobcatForever Wrote: [ -> ]

gotcha was still thinking east and west but there is only 4 teams left after Friday so you are correct!!

(11-12-2023, 05:19 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]

So if Cal loses and Hart Loses and Bell wins they would move to the 1 spot in RPI is that right

if that happens then yes, it would be central at bell and lex cath/rock at union
Thomas is a stud for sure, it’s hard to fathom 295 carries in 12 games. But if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
I hope Thomas busts that record wide open!!!!
(11-12-2023, 08:20 PM)Walter White Wrote: [ -> ]Thomas is a stud for sure, it’s hard to fathom 295 carries in 12 games. But if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
JJ jude had those numbers for 3 straight years. When you got the beast you feed it. And if you really wanna be mind blown, He’s gonna pass Shaun Alexander in about 1 or 2 more carries, which would be 160 less carrie’s than alexander had in 94 to get 3166. Imagine over 460 in a season.
(11-12-2023, 08:34 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 08:20 PM)Walter White Wrote: [ -> ]Thomas is a stud for sure, it’s hard to fathom 295 carries in 12 games. But if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
JJ jude had those numbers for 3 straight years. When you got the beast you feed it. And if you really wanna be mind blown, He’s gonna pass Shaun Alexander in about 1 or 2 more carries, which would be 160 less carrie’s than alexander had in 94 to get 3166. Imagine over 460 in a season.
People easily forget just what kind of player Alexander was. He was the first, in my lifetime, that I seen from this state and thought he was a for sure pro lock. 
he made the right choice and went to bama. He might as well have been a senior in college playing against high school kids when he was at Boone. I wonder what schools tried to recruit him away up there during those times. You know everyone wanted him.
Seen Today Where Thomas Leads The Nation In Rushing!!
Truly a great HS running back.

He runs with vision, patience, explosion, and toughness. Appears to be a good team mate as well.

He is the exact type of kid you could see a FCS team take a chance on and it leads to a successful college career.
Not only is Thomas an incredibly gifted athlete, he is also a kid you want your son to use as an inspiration. Wonderful character with a tremendous work ethic!
According to the radio Thomas broke the yardage record tonight and is one touchdown short of Alexander’s TD record.

Bell advances to the semis next week. I’d say he will break it too
Fingers crossed!!!