Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 11/17 East Carter @ Bell County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can A Moderator poll this thread !!
The Raiders (9-2) make the 3.5 hour trip deep into the Mountains to take on the Bobcats (11-1) of Bell Co. I doubt many will give the Raiders a chance but they have a good ground game if they can control time of possession they will have a shot. They have a common opponent in Boyd Co. Boyd played both teams back to back. Bell defeated Boyd by 19 at 60-41. Boyd lost the next week to East at home by 5 at 33-28.
(11-11-2023, 05:39 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]The Raiders (9-2) make the 3.5 hour trip deep into the Mountains to take on the Bobcats (11-1) of Bell Co. I doubt many will give the Raiders a chance but they have a good ground game if they can control time of possession they will have a shot. They have a common opponent in Boyd Co. Boyd played both teams back to back. Bell defeated Boyd by 19 at 60-41. Boyd lost the next week to East at home by 5 at 33-28.
Yeah Bells defense was really suspect against boyd. But i think they may have scored something like every 4 plays. East will have to really prepare defensively for Bell.
East isn’t a bad team but I’m not sure if they have enough to win at Log Mountain. I do think they can keep it respectable and make Bell earn it.

Bell 49
East 21
Bobcats win, 35-14.
Bell won't blow East out. Should be a competitive game but I say Bell by (2) scores.
Bells gets through to semis 35-28
Bell scores early and often! Will be a short night on the mountain.
I think East can do enough offensively to keep it from being a blow out and keep it honest for 2 quarters or so. But I think Bell has too many athletes to keep them from breaking some big plays and that’s the difference in this one.

BC 38
East 21
Bell 42 to 21 (TMT) to much Thomas!
No team should have to travel 3.5 hrs. KHSAA needs to define reasonable travel and any game which requires travel time outside of that definition should be played on a neutral field which is equidistant between the 2 schools.

Good luck to East Carter, but a 3.5 hr. bus ride puts the team at a huge disadvantage.
I'm a underdog man. I got a 0-11 record lol but I'm picking ec by 3 points
(11-14-2023, 07:39 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]No team should have to travel 3.5 hrs. KHSAA needs to define reasonable travel and any game which requires travel time outside of that definition should be played on a neutral field which is equidistant between the 2 schools. 

Good luck to East Carter, but a 3.5 hr. bus ride puts the team at a huge disadvantage.
It’s the third round, teams do it all the time and by the third round it should be fine. A team should not be punished for being good and have to travel, nor should a team be awarded for being bad and not have to travel far. 

Bell lost to rock so they had to travel, LC lost to belfry so they had to travel all in the second round about 3 hours. The states that have the neutral site games in the playoffs have sometimes 7-9 hour trips (texas, florida, some parts of michigan) and they don’t have RPI for the playoffs it’s strictly bracketed where being the better team doesn’t matter, so home field can’t be decided.
Bell fans will be keeping one eye on the Union Co / Hart Co game. They'd get Union Co at home, but travel to Hart Co.
East Carter travels no matter, if they pull off the upset this week.
*barring an upset by Central over CAL - that would change everything

5 hrs. 16 mins.  Morganfield (Union Co) to Pineville (Bell Co)
3 hrs. 2 mins.    Pineville to Munfordville (Hart Co)

5 hrs. 8 mins.    Grayson (East Carter) to Morganfield
3 hrs. 21 mins.  Grayson to Munfordville
I would like to see a neutral site for the region on at some point simply bc you do away with East/West. But even when that wasn’t the case you had teams like Beechwood traveling to Mayfield…there’s just too many logistical things that go into play these days. That being said…someone who is complaining about it is someone looking for excuses…
This link below is pretty cool. The link shows the Raider coaches and football players stop by the elementary school in town and walk through the halls before their send off. The school is letting out at 1:00 today due to the length of the trip. I think this great and what high school sports should be all about. I hope the link opens I’m not the most tech savvy guy around. Enjoy

? Watch this live video on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=847872593482621&id=100000739885965&mibextid=v7YzmG
Very short night on Log Mountain. Estill Co beat East Carter, that should tell you that they are not a very solid team. Bell BIG!
Rain is falling with about 2 1/2 hours left til kick off. Looks like it's gonna be a ground and pound night. Go Bobcats!! Safe travels East Carter!
Bell wins easily 52-7
Bell Co. gets on the board halfway through the first quarter and get the two point conversion. To make it 8-0 Bell Co.

Both East and Bell have scored and it is 16-8 Bell late in the 2nd quarter. East is playing Bell a lot better than most thought so far in this one.
East Carter and Bell Co. tied at 30 and headed to overtime. East gets the ball first!

Win or lose the Raiders have made the 3.5 hour trip and give the Bobcats a game!

East Scores the two point try fails to make it 36-30 East. Bell's turn to try and tie or win.
(11-17-2023, 11:50 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]East Carter and Bell Co. tied at 30 and headed to overtime. East gets the ball first!

Win or lose the Raiders have made the 3.5 hour trip and give the Bobcats a game!
Tied at 36
bell going for the win

thomas one TD short of the record tonight

Bell wins

Bell 38
ECarter 36