Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The worst officiated game of ever...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've noticed a trend on here...

At least one person per thread/per game says that it was the worst officiated game they've ever seen. Most notably, when they're team loses. Coincidence? I think not.

Is the officiating that bad? Or are the spectators just that biased? (i'm goin with the latter of the two)
Officiating in the 15th is the worst. However, no matter how a game is officiated there will be a few parents and grandparents that will complain every game.
SportsKrazee Wrote:Officiating in the 15th is the worst. However, no matter how a game is officiated there will be a few parents and grandparents that will complain every game.

Everyone region says the same thing...

When its your team, your region... its human nature to be biased...
14th Regional tournament held at Powell Co a few years ago....worst officiating I've ever seen anywhere....all in favor of the home team. I was just a spectator, didn't have a team in the games. In fact, didn't particularily care who won. But still, that was the worst I've seen. Huge free throw differential and even one foul called after the horn went off to put the home team on the line, where they won the game by a point from the free throws.

The game included multiple technicals, a floor riot with multiple arrests and a dictatorial announcer that incited things instead of helping them.

There were no rails seperating the spectators from the floor....and it was a tightly packed highly charged atmosphere.

I also think that Powell beat a top ranked Louisville Shawnee team a couple of decades ago due to the home team shooting 60 or 70 free throws.
Worst Officiated Game:

2003 15th Region Championship, Paintsville vs. Shelby Valley...

I've never been one to blame refs, but it was obvious in the first 2 minutes that they were gonna make sure we didn't win that game.
I would say in the 15th District tourney last year between Lawrence Co and Magoffin Co. Even had a Radio announcer that was covering the Tourney and tell me the samething.
Batpuff Wrote:I would say in the 15th District tourney last year between Lawrence Co and Magoffin Co. Even had a Radio announcer that was covering the Tourney and tell me the samething.

Let met make this clear. I don't want specifics about a game or a reigion.

My problem is , with every thread and game we find taht at least 1 person claims the game was poorly called........and its almost always a fan of the team messaging, with those claims.

Now do I want to see these games happen, if the topic is true.... then NO. But I see hundreds on here who think they can ref better than anyone else in their region. My opinion would simple be... sign up for classes during the summer, get your licesne, then fixt the problem. Its fairy simple. If you could have made the 'right' call'...... you shoul actually be doing it!

http://www.khsaa.org, i'm sure you can find the info there....
It's just a person's/fan's instinct to blame the refs when their respective team loses. More than likely out of frustration of losing the big game or to a big rival, they can't stand the thought of losing so the start to blame the refs when in reality the team beat themselves or they simply were outplayed. Refs in any region try to do their best job but they are not perfect and they receive bashing's from all around. Have to respect the job they do though win or lose.
The 15th Region tournament at Prestonsburg about four years ago between Allen Central and East Ridge (I think it was ER). The refs won that game for I think it was East Ridge, but Sammons from ACHS, was fouled in the last few seconds and even hit the floor because he was hit so hard when he shot it, and the ref didn't call the foul, and we all know what happened after that.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Let met make this clear. I don't want specifics about a game or a reigion.

My problem is , with every thread and game we find taht at least 1 person claims the game was poorly called........and its almost always a fan of the team messaging, with those claims.

Now do I want to see these games happen, if the topic is true.... then NO. But I see hundreds on here who think they can ref better than anyone else in their region. My opinion would simple be... sign up for classes during the summer, get your licesne, then fixt the problem. Its fairy simple. If you could have made the 'right' call'...... you shoul actually be doing it!

www.khsaa.org, i'm sure you can find the info there....

Well if you dont want specifics then dont start a thread like this.
blackcat_student Wrote:The 15th Region tournament at Prestonsburg about four years ago between Allen Central and East Ridge (I think it was ER). The refs won that game for I think it was East Ridge, but Sammons from ACHS, was fouled in the last few seconds and even hit the floor because he was hit so hard when he shot it, and the ref didn't call the foul, and we all know what happened after that.

That's the worst I've ever seen as well. No way ER should have won that game.
ARC Wrote:14th Regional tournament held at Powell Co a few years ago....worst officiating I've ever seen anywhere....all in favor of the home team. I was just a spectator, didn't have a team in the games. In fact, didn't particularily care who won. But still, that was the worst I've seen. Huge free throw differential and even one foul called after the horn went off to put the home team on the line, where they won the game by a point from the free throws.

The game included multiple technicals, a floor riot with multiple arrests and a dictatorial announcer that incited things instead of helping them.

There were no rails seperating the spectators from the floor....and it was a tightly packed highly charged atmosphere.

I also think that Powell beat a top ranked Louisville Shawnee team a couple of decades ago due to the home team shooting 60 or 70 free throws.

I would have to agree and also regions is at powell this year....for both boys and girls ... will it end up it was a few years ago?
Batpuff Wrote:Well if you dont want specifics then dont start a thread like this.

Huh?

The thread has nothing at all to do with a specific game. Its merely a question about why people always blame the refs when their teams loses.

If I wanted to know about a bad call, certain game, etc.. I would have asked about it.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Everyone region says the same thing...

When its your team, your region... its human nature to be biased...

There is no way that you can tell me that if a ref wants to they cant influence the outcome of a game. Who is going to stop them???? And coincidentaly my team won.
hondaman Wrote:There is no way that you can tell me that if a ref wants to that they cant influence the outcome of a game. And who is going to stop them????

Sure they can. Probably even have from time to time.

But every game? Every team? Come on. There's some shady guys and gals out there, but its ridiculous to read in every thread about the bad calls... and mostly from the losing teams fans.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Sure they can. Probably even have from time to time.

But every game? Every team? Come on. There's some shady guys and gals out there, but its ridiculous to read in every thread about the bad calls... and mostly from the losing teams fans.

some times you can see a continuous problem with one official and one team, and i think there should be someone observing these people and when it gets out of hand do something about it. If i have to cheat to win id just as soon not play.
ARC Wrote:14th Regional tournament held at Powell Co a few years ago....worst officiating I've ever seen anywhere....all in favor of the home team. I was just a spectator, didn't have a team in the games. In fact, didn't particularily care who won. But still, that was the worst I've seen. Huge free throw differential and even one foul called after the horn went off to put the home team on the line, where they won the game by a point from the free throws.

I was at that game, and just like you you I was an unbiased spectator from a neutral county. However, the losing team had no one to blame but themselves. They blew a 20 point lead, which they had just before the half. I don't know if you can blame refs for that much of a meltdown. However, 13th region called it, and that usually is controversy waiting to happen. I don't think you can blame that tournament on where it was played. Blame it on poor officiating and a little of the 'choke' factor on a team with a lead they shouldn't have let slip away. And the fight you talk about was further agiatated by the losing team's fans coming onto the floor instead of staying in the stands and letting officials handle it. I thought the host school handled everything as well as possible.
Redneck Wrote:Worst Officiated Game:

2003 15th Region Championship, Paintsville vs. Shelby Valley...

I've never been one to blame refs, but it was obvious in the first 2 minutes that they were gonna make sure we didn't win that game.

Are you saying that they cheated for the other team?

Rails are not a factor. Why make an issue of that? I was a Knott Central for a regional tournament years ago, a school that has rails, and a fight broke out at the end of a game. The rails were no factor whatsoever. People poured over the rails and filled the floor in the maylay.

And why bring up a game played nearly 40 years ago in a little cracker box, outdated gym in Stanton against a Louisville school to attempt to prove a biased point???Rolleyes
Redneck Wrote:2003 15th Region Championship, Paintsville vs. Shelby Valley...

See what I mean? :confused:
I think with basketball, more than any other sport, the ref's can completely dominate a game if so desired. Not much of a bball fan myself. However, lets face it, to think that the refs are always gonna be 100% non biased, well fantasy land must be nice for those people. Only the Baseball umpire behind the plate has more control of a game, than basketball refs. You can call cheap fouls on one teams stars and turn a game completely around. Let one team get away with a lot.
UKCAT5FAN Wrote:Are you saying that they cheated for the other team?

I'm sayin they made sure we didn't have a chance to win.
ronald_reagan Wrote:See what I mean? :confused:

You'd have to see the tape man, it's obvious. We lost to Shelby Valley in that same game the year before (2002). Refs had nothin to do with that game, we just flat out got beat by the better team. That wasn't the case in the 2003 championship game.
Complaining about the officiating is the worst excuse for loosing ever. If your team is not good enough to over come the refs then your team should not win by any means.
Redneck Wrote:You'd have to see the tape man, it's obvious. We lost to Shelby Valley in that same game the year before (2002). Refs had nothin to do with that game, we just flat out got beat by the better team. That wasn't the case in the 2003 championship game.

Why would I have to watch the tape? My memory isn't that bad just yet...

The game was on a nuetral court, with nuetral officials... and Valley came out on top 50-42. It happens.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Why would I have to watch the tape? My memory isn't that bad just yet...

The game was on a nuetral court, with nuetral officials... and Valley came out on top 50-42. It happens.

You are starting to make me think you are a ref.
alfus21 Wrote:That's the worst I've ever seen as well. No way ER should have won that game.

One of the most bizarre/scary/memorable events of my basketball watching career. If im not mistaken, East Ridge went on to beat Sheldon Clark and then Pike Central to win the Regional Tournament.
hondaman Wrote:You are starting to make me think you are a ref.

Smile
I'm tending to agree with hondaman, you do sound like a ref. anyone that doesn't think that there are bad calls in a basketball game are in denial. they do affect outcomes and it happens it all regions.
hohoho Wrote:I'm tending to agree with hondaman, you do sound like a ref. anyone that doesn't think that there are bad calls in a basketball game are in denial. they do affect outcomes and it happens it all regions.

I don't see where he said it never happened. His point is that when teams lose there is always someone saying that the reason they lost was because of the officiating. I am sure it happens but not to the extent that some fans think.
Pages: 1 2 3 4