Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 86 New Mexico St. 46
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Rupp on Monday. 

I thought the Cats did some good things, especially in the second half. I know NMSt isn't very good but KY really put it to them in the second twenty minutes. Reed had a dozen points and played some good defense. Dillingham looked good. I think he had about 17 points. Wagner is a freak athlete. He and Reed played well together. Mitchell and Edwards are gonna be solid contributors, as well. Kansas will be a tough task for this young bunch next week but I think there's a lot of fun to be had throughout the course of this season. What were your takeaways from the opener?
Reed and Dillingham off the bench is a tremendous spark. We need the three big guys back badly, we couldn't get rebounds on the defensive end all night.
My only real concern about Reed going into college was whether he was a little too skinny to hold up, especially on the defensive end. Well—-he ain’t skinny anymore! Looks like his fall was spent productively in the UK strength program. Should be rock solid for UK, probably for four years. If so, I think he will leave as one of the most beloved players in school history.
(11-09-2023, 06:51 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: [ -> ]My only real concern about Reed going into college was whether he was a little too skinny to hold up, especially on the defensive end. Well—-he ain’t skinny anymore! Looks like his fall was spent productively in the UK strength program. Should be rock solid for UK, probably for four years. If so, I think he will leave as one of the most beloved players in school history.

I noticed that, too. Kid has really bulked up. Reed's gonna be one of those four-year ballplayers from Ky that we use to love watching play. I think you're right, Van, With Reed's mom and dad both being former stars at UK and now Reed following in their footsteps, he will be very beloved. I hope he has an outstanding career.
I think Reed is the one that will make this team go.
(11-11-2023, 09:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]I think Reed is the one that will make this team go.

Yeah, he's smart, fundamentally sound, and seems to have that intangible quality that can stir that pot and gets things a goin'( kinda like you and I---lol) .
(11-12-2023, 07:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2023, 09:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]I think Reed is the one that will make this team go.

Yeah, he's smart, fundamentally sound, and seems to have that intangible quality that can stir that pot and gets things a goin'( kinda like you and I---lol) .

LOL!