Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I wonder.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how high schools are chosen for TV shows like "2 A Days." I was talking to a friend the other day and he brought up Belfry, and said they should be on one of those shows. They have built a dynasty over on Pond Creek. Winning back-to-back state titles in 2003-2004, and making to the state semi-finals the last two years, and will more than likely win another state championship tomorrow. How would someone go about nominating a school to appear on one of those shows? What are your all's opinions on possibly having Belfry featured on a show like that?
I would like to see it, but it will never happen unless WYMT does it. The schools they choose are the tops in the nation. Right now ESPN has one out called "Varsity Inc." about a school out of Louisiana. In the past 10 years they've been national champions twice, 6 state titles, like 3 runner-ups, and last season they were beat out in the second round.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:how high schools are chosen for TV shows like "2 A Days." I was talking to a friend the other day and he brought up Belfry, and said they should be on one of those shows. They have built a dynasty over on Pond Creek. Winning back-to-back state titles in 2003-2004, and making to the state semi-finals the last two years, and will more than likely win another state championship tomorrow. How would someone go about nominating a school to appear on one of those shows? What are your all's opinions on possibly having Belfry featured on a show like that?

LOL!!! This is hilarious!! I know Belfry has had things good lately but come on......"Two-a-Days". I'm not taking anything away from Belfry, they are a great program but Belfry isn't anywhere near the program that Hoover High is. Hoover is a constant nationally ranked team who has won something like 6 out of 7 state titles. They talk of winning national championships instead of state titles. Belfry has a great program for eastern KY but a show like "Two-A-Days" is for the national powerhouses and the Pirates are just 3A KY powerhouse. That's great if you live in KY but not for Mtv. Maybe a local public access network could do something like that but I doubt Mtv come knocking!! Sorry!
there is a big diffrence between state titles. national championships, you mite talk to the loacl station, and see if they could do something like that but if it comes to stations like MTV ESPN theres no way it will happen
red_devils_rule Wrote:there is a big diffrence between state titles. national championships, you mite talk to the loacl station, and see if they could do something like that but if it comes to stations like MTV ESPN theres no way it will happen

:Thumbs:
lets go undefeated for a couple of years and we' ll see. have about 3 straight state titles under our belts and then maybe then we could have a show......also, a few kids who go to D 1 schools who go onto the pros and become major supestars then we will get seen.......
Even if it were to happen, they would probably highlight the negative aspects of eastern KY and make us all look bad - as usual.
Maybe St.X because they are ranked nationally every year or Trinity but not Belfry...hah
vundy33 Wrote:Maybe St.X because they are ranked nationally every year or Trinity but not Belfry...hah

I would say St. X.
There are only 2 schools in the state of Kentucky that could have that possibility and that is St.X and Trinity. Nobody else comes close..Would love to a local t.v. station start a show like this!
hmmmmmm......
StrikeoutKing Wrote:how high schools are chosen for TV shows like "2 A Days." I was talking to a friend the other day and he brought up Belfry, and said they should be on one of those shows. They have built a dynasty over on Pond Creek. Winning back-to-back state titles in 2003-2004, and making to the state semi-finals the last two years, and will more than likely win another state championship tomorrow. How would someone go about nominating a school to appear on one of those shows? What are your all's opinions on possibly having Belfry featured on a show like that?

R U ****tin' me????

Hearing us talk on national TV might be worth the while...It still wouldn't be as bad as the Amazing race.Wink
We could win 30 games and then Mike Fields would write about the 31st game if it was a loss. Belfry doesn't get respect now in the Lexington area.