Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 56 Clay County 36
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Weird game. 56-20 Belfry at the half, starters rested the 2nd half and Clay County was good enough to cut it to 20. They also held their own in the first half. It was 14-14 before Belfry got up 56-20 at halftime.

Belfry will host Bell County next week.
(11-03-2023, 10:57 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: [ -> ]Weird game. 56-20 Belfry at the half, starters rested the 2nd half and Clay County was good enough to cut it to 20. They also held their own in the first half. It was 14-14 before Belfry got up 56-20 at halftime.

Clay never pulls their starters in the 2nd half.   Why??   I’m sure there were other kids who would have liked to have gained some level of playoff experience ….even in a losing effort.     Pitiful.
Very surprised that Belfry allowed so many points. I know Clay has some offense weapons but wasn’t expecting them to put up 36 points on Belfry makes me wonder if they are capable of even beating Bell now.
(11-03-2023, 11:00 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2023, 10:57 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: [ -> ]Weird game. 56-20 Belfry at the half, starters rested the 2nd half and Clay County was good enough to cut it to 20. They also held their own in the first half. It was 14-14 before Belfry got up 56-20 at halftime.

Clay never pulls their starters in the 2nd half.   Why??   I’m sure there were other kids who would have liked to have gained some level of playoff experience ….even in a losing effort.      Pitiful.
I understand it. Probably seniors who will wear the jersey for the last time. Let them play until the final whistle. Haywood would have put starters back if if it got any closer.
(11-03-2023, 11:00 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]Very surprised that Belfry allowed so many points. I know Clay has some offense weapons but wasn’t expecting them to put up 36 points on Belfry makes me wonder if they are capable of even beating Bell now.

You forgot the part where Belfry scored 56 points in the first half...
(11-03-2023, 11:06 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2023, 11:00 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]Very surprised that Belfry allowed so many points. I know Clay has some offense weapons but wasn’t expecting them to put up 36 points on Belfry makes me wonder if they are capable of even beating Bell now.

No I get that part.. belfry has a good offense so does Bell.. if you can’t stop the other team then you put yourself in trouble to slip up and turn it over or get stopped yourself. Shootouts are fun to watch but not ideal to play in this late in the season with everything on the line. Just saying if they can’t slow down Clay county no better than they did I doubt they slow down Bell… trust me I’m a Rock fan and I want nothing more than Belfry to win so we move up to the 1st place in the East with a win for us next week but it’s going to be a dog fight if Belfry don’t figure out how to handle Thomas. He is a beast and believe me he will get his.
Belfry will Be Belfry we have the upmost respect for them and Coach Haywood!!
(11-03-2023, 11:17 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]

No I get that part.. belfry has a good offense so does Bell.. if you can’t stop the other team then you put yourself in trouble to slip up and turn it over or get stopped yourself. Shootouts are fun to watch but not ideal to play in this late in the season with everything on the line. Just saying if they can’t slow down Clay county no better than they did I doubt they slow down Bell… trust me I’m a Rock fan and I want nothing more than Belfry to win so we move up to the 1st place in the East with a win for us next week but it’s going to be a dog fight if Belfry don’t figure out how to handle Thomas. He is a beast and believe me he will get his.
You're also forgetting the part where Rockcastle has to beat Lawrence to "move up to the 1st place in the East."
Congratulations to Belfry
(11-03-2023, 11:17 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]

Bell gave up 41 to Boyd Co 42 to Whitley and 40 to Rock. Thomas will get his but several from Belfry will get theirs
whens the last time belfry starters ran every offensive play from shotgun?? 1998?
(11-04-2023, 01:10 AM)Khalisimo Wrote: [ -> ]whens the last time belfry starters ran every offensive play from shotgun?? 1998?
Had to be. Jonathan Wright was qb. The plays are pretty much the same just out of a different formation.
congrats belfry. solid game for clay if wagers had been healthy clay would have avoided this game. He was an impact player last night. Belfry will be fine they won't see another offense like clay that can throw the ball. Thats Belfrys one weakness.
Belfry jumped up 14-0 guickly. Got complacent made some mistakes then straightened up hung 56 and running clock at half. Jv played 2nd half and Clay scored a couple on them. I believe they were looking ahead to Bell county a little early. Next week will be a good game. Can’t judge next week by this week.
56 points in a half is crazy, the game next week vs Bell should be a fun one to watch. Bell Co defense hasn’t been great so I expect Belfry to rack up points. Thomas is a stud though and the Bell run game is hard to stop, we will see if they can keep it rolling against an always tough Belfry squad.
(11-04-2023, 09:02 AM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]congrats belfry. solid game for clay if wagers had been healthy clay would have avoided this game. He was an impact player last night. Belfry will be fine they won't see another offense like clay that can throw the ball.  Thats Belfrys one weakness.
What are you talking about won’t see another team like clay? Are you forgetting about Rock? That’s all we do is spread you 5 wide and throw for over 200+ with WR that make Clay look like middle school players.. lmao we have Johnny football and if Belfry takes care of Bell they come to Rock the highest scoring team in 3A with everything Clay does we do better
(11-04-2023, 07:14 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2023, 09:02 AM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]congrats belfry. solid game for clay if wagers had been healthy clay would have avoided this game. He was an impact player last night. Belfry will be fine they won't see another offense like clay that can throw the ball.  Thats Belfrys one weakness.
What are you talking about won’t see another team like clay? Are you forgetting about Rock? That’s all we do is spread you 5 wide and throw for over 200+ with WR that make Clay look like middle school players.. lmao we have Johnny football and if Belfry takes care of Bell they come to Rock the highest scoring team in 3A with everything Clay does we do better
Perhaps he’s suggesting that Rockcastle might not make it past the second round?

Clay scored 14 before it was a running clock.  Belfry scored 7 less points in the first half than Rockcastle did the whole game, and 15 points more than Bell.  I think they'll be just fine.
(11-03-2023, 11:00 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: [ -> ]

Clay never pulls their starters in the 2nd half.   Why??   I’m sure there were other kids who would have liked to have gained some level of playoff experience ….even in a losing effort.      Pitiful.
Belfry's starters didn't play in the 2nd Half with the running clock. Clay played their varsity until the final whistle and scored twice on the Belfry JV. Also one of Clay's scores came thanks to a fumble recovery that was on the verge of being a TD for Belfry but a Clay player reached out and got just enough of the ball as Woolum was about to break it. 

Game probably would have been 70-20 if Belfry had played their starters. 

All this score tells me is Belfry, Bell, and Rockcastle appear to be very even teams and it is going to come down to matchups.
(11-04-2023, 07:30 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]

Clay scored 14 before it was a running clock.  Belfry scored 7 less points in the first half than Rockcastle did the whole game, and 15 points more than Bell.  I think they'll be just fine.
Rock varsity beat Clay 63-14. We pulled starters mid 3rd so you’re way off on that. Rock made clay look stupid I was there. Like I said we best Clay 63-14 with our starters they scored two scores in 4th on jv
(11-04-2023, 07:59 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]

Rock varsity beat Clay 63-14. We pulled starters mid 3rd so you’re way off on that. Rock made clay look stupid I was there. Like I said we best Clay 63-14 with our starters they scored two scores in 4th on jv
Sounds like the Pirates are already in this Rock fans head two weeks before they potentially play lol

Explain to me how I'm off.

FACT: It wasn't 63-14 with Rock's varsity vs Clay's varsity.  It was, in fact, 29-20 at halftime.  
FACT: Rockcastle County did not pull their starters in the mid 3rd quarter.  In fact, the running clock didn't start in that game until the 4th quarter at 56-20, Rockcastle then left their starters in to score the last touchdown, also in the 4th quarter.  The Rockets didn't pull their starters until less than 10 minutes remained in the game with the clock running.  Clay County scored 20 points on Rockcastle's varsity IN THE FIRST HALF.  
FACT: Belfry scored 56 points and got a running clock on Clay County in the first half.  

Perhaps you should work on your memory--or just tell the truth.
(11-04-2023, 09:22 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]

FACT: It wasn't 63-14 with Rock's varsity vs Clay's varsity.  It was, in fact, 29-20 at halftime.  
FACT: Rockcastle County did not pull their starters in the mid 3rd quarter.  In fact, the running clock didn't start in that game until the 4th quarter at 56-20, Rockcastle then left their starters in to score the last touchdown, also in the 4th quarter.  The Rockets didn't pull their starters until less than 10 minutes remained in the game with the clock running.  Clay County scored 20 points on Rockcastle's varsity IN THE FIRST HALF.  
FACT: Belfry scored 56 points and got a running clock on Clay County in the first half.  

You speak the facts! Another thing to consider is that Clay was closer to being healthy and had a couple players back last night as opposed to the Rockcastle game. Halftime score vs. Rockcastle could have very easily been 29-28 as Rockcastle got an interception either in the endzone or just outside to end the 1st half that game. Never let facts mess up a good story!
If Rockcastle is overlooking Lawrence, then they’re in serious trouble.

Perhaps you should work on your memory--or just tell the 
It was never in doubt and virtual same type of score then. Clay never threaten to beat Rock and we comfortably cruise to victory. I find it funny tho it appears with every comment you make you show more and more how you are obviously not a rock fan or just against Larkey either way he is second best coach to ever coach here behind his dad and he may have a chance to do something this year that his dad didnt or at the very least do the same but in a lot quicker time period.
(11-04-2023, 09:33 PM)Hogsnot Wrote: [ -> ]

You speak the facts! Another thing to consider is that Clay was closer to being healthy and had a couple players back last night as opposed to the Rockcastle game. Halftime score vs. Rockcastle could have very easily been 29-28 as Rockcastle got an interception either in the endzone or just outside to end the 1st half that game. Never let facts mess up a good story!
Scores and more scores so let everyone know the score of the Rock and Paris game at Rock
(11-04-2023, 10:00 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]If Rockcastle is overlooking Lawrence, then they’re in serious trouble.
We are in no way over looking LC we just have eyes on going to Kroger field and that’s the ultimate goal. You will see come Friday how we over looked you. Watch some film on Rock it’s obvious you haven’t. We have one of the best players in 3A along with great speed at WR we don’t call him Johnny football for nothing.

(11-04-2023, 10:05 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2023, 07:30 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]Clay scored 14 before it was a running clock.  Belfry scored 7 less points in the first half than Rockcastle did the whole game, and 15 points more than Bell.  I think they'll be just fine.

Scores and more scores so let everyone know the score of the Rock and Paris game at Rock
Wasn’t at the Rock it was at Paris and if we played that game 10 times we win 9 of those

What happen 2nd half then you only scored late on our jv so either way same result

(11-04-2023, 09:00 PM)Walter White Wrote: [ -> ]

Sounds like the Pirates are already in this Rock fans head two weeks before they potentially play lol
Lmao Belfry in our head? We literally want you to win! We want Belfry to come play at Rock in 3rd round don’t know how you can figure your in our heads you probably won’t find another fan base rooting for you guys harder outside of Belfry and “Pond Creek” or whatever
It don’t make no difference to me where is was at Paris won and scores between teams has no meaning on the next game but Rock needs to beat a good LC team and Belfry has to beat Bell for that game ever to happen so that’s my perspective of all your scores
I’m not sure what meds you’re on, but you most certainly do NOT want Pond Creek to come to town, especially now that they’re healthy.
(11-04-2023, 10:05 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2023, 10:00 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: [ -> ]If Rockcastle is overlooking Lawrence, then they’re in serious trouble.
We are in no way over looking LC we just have eyes on going to Kroger field and that’s the ultimate goal. You will see come Friday how we over looked you. Watch some film on Rock it’s obvious you haven’t. We have one of the best players in 3A along with great speed at WR we don’t call him Johnny football for nothing.

(11-04-2023, 10:05 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2023, 07:59 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]Rock varsity beat Clay 63-14. We pulled starters mid 3rd so you’re way off on that. Rock made clay look stupid I was there. Like I said we best Clay 63-14 with our starters they scored two scores in 4th on jv

Wasn’t at the Rock it was at Paris and if we played that game 10 times we win 9 of those

(11-04-2023, 07:30 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]Clay scored 14 before it was a running clock.  Belfry scored 7 less points in the first half than Rockcastle did the whole game, and 15 points more than Bell.  I think they'll be just fine.

What happen 2nd half then you only scored late on our jv so either way same result

(11-04-2023, 09:00 PM)Walter White Wrote: [ -> ]

Lmao Belfry in our head? We literally want you to win! We want Belfry to come play at Rock in 3rd round don’t know how you can figure your in our heads you probably won’t find another fan base rooting for you guys harder outside of Belfry and “Pond Creek” or whatever
You just talk a lot of junk for a program that hasn’t made it past the 2nd round since 2006 ? I admire the confidence though
Pages: 1 2