Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Blowout Thursday!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No game played last night was within single digits and we all assumed that would be the case going into each one.  There was only one that was even with two TD’s.
That’s it. That’s the post.
I’ll never understand the hate for blowouts. Good game for padding stats and I promise the kids don’t hate getting to play another game even if they get throttled.

So what if it’s blowouts. Would we rather play less games? No.
^

This.
I'm curious as to why there were so many Thursday games. I don't believe most of those schools were off today. Is this a new thing?
Referee shortage is what I've been told.
So its just like every week of the regular season.
Making memories 50 years from now game was much closer than the score
(11-03-2023, 10:10 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]I’ll never understand the hate for blowouts. Good game for padding stats and I promise the kids don’t hate getting to play another game even if they get throttled.

As usual , your Knoxville promises are as empty as Karen Carpenter's plate at a 70's dinner party.    I have heard from dozens of kids (AND parents) who had no desire to make a two-hour trip just to be throttled by 36 after the first quarter. They would rather go to Gamestop or take in a movie. You are out of touch with reality.
Old School Hound actually knows what he is talking about this time!!! Hahahaha
(11-03-2023, 11:50 AM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]So its just like every week of the regular season.
I’ve had the opinion this season some of the “new” referees were not certified and can’t ref the playoffs but what do i know. I just know that there was either the veteran referees or some that joined on a crew halfway through the year.
(11-03-2023, 12:57 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2023, 10:10 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]I’ll never understand the hate for blowouts. Good game for padding stats and I promise the kids don’t hate getting to play another game even if they get throttled.

As usual , your Knoxville promises are as empty as Karen Carpenter's plate at a 70's dinner party.    I have heard from dozens of kids (AND parents) who had no desire to make a two-hour trip just to be throttled by 36 after the first quarter. They would rather go to Gamestop or take in a movie. You are out of touch with reality.

I would honestly be surprised if people talk to you in general, much less about their kids.
Same post year in and year out. But these games aren’t for us. They are for the kids. If they kids don’t want to play, you’d know. Even though they might get smoked , that game could be the one where a kid gets noticed playing a strong team. If it has the possibility to change one kids life, I’m all for it.
The people that make post like this make no sense to me at all. Name me another state where the top seeded team played the lowest seeded team and it’s not a blow out. Stop with this crap. Yes the playoff system sucks in Kentucky but even if we had three classes and took two teams from each district there are still gonna be blowouts. Stop already
I don’t mind the blowouts they some times can be just as fun as a nail biter only time their not fun is if your on the losing end and that should be motivation to either get better an not get that clock dropped on you or go out get better talent or better coaching and improve that way regardless their will always be some teams certain years who are just that much better than other teams on that year and who knows next year it may be flip flop that’s why we play the game just suck it up and go on

(11-03-2023, 12:57 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

Then tell said parent to take their child and go play on some other team. If said child is so great his team shouldn’t be getting blown out my guess is regardless of what team said kid played if he is starting then his said team will probably still get blown out. Talent typically prevails especially at the hs level an if he doesn’t have it then his team will get clocked just move on and be done already every game is an opportunity and every player needs to look at it as a chance to get better
(11-03-2023, 05:32 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Same post year in and year out. But these games aren’t for us. They are for the kids. If they kids don’t want to play, you’d know. Even though they might get smoked , that game could be the one where a kid gets noticed playing a strong team. If it has the possibility to change one kids life, I’m all for it.

I can't believe how many on here whine about it. You'd think the old men on here are having to take hits on the field with the way they cry.
It may have already been said at some point, but I wonder if ever or what is the biggest upset that is considered in the 1st round of the playoffs? Anyone know?
(11-08-2023, 09:00 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]It may have already been said at some point, but I wonder if ever or what is the biggest upset that is considered in the 1st round of the playoffs? Anyone know?

there’s been a couple of times in the 90s and 00s that I know of where a team had a lot of injuries during the season and then got healthy in time for playoffs causing upsets seed wise. I feel like one of the Pulaski teams and maybe a bullitt team done something like that.