Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2007 College Football Awards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It just came on, on ESPN.

They already gave out the first award:

Davey O'brien Award (Best QB) - Tim Tebow - Florida
They just did a high lite real for the season before commercial, I started to get mad cause they hadn't had a UK hi-lite, then they ended with the game winnin pass/catch from Woodson to Johnson to beat UL.
Outland Trophy (Best Lineman, OL/DL) Glenn Dorsey- LSU
Outland Trophy-glenn Dorsey
Redneck Wrote:They just did a high lite real for the season before commercial, I started to get mad cause they hadn't had a UK hi-lite, then they ended with the game winnin pass/catch from Woodson to Johnson to beat UL.

And they made it out to be the best one
Stanley Breakthough off the year award- goes to Kansas jayhawks
Stanley Breakthrough Team of the Year: Kansas Jayhawks

Sorry Cards, you beat me to it.

Well deserved for the Jayhawks. I was hopin they would run the table and make the championship game.
do we have any boys in the blue and white up for anything
Biletnikoff Award (Best WR) Micheal Crabtree - Texas Tech

ONLY A FRESHMAN
Cards09 Wrote:do we have any boys in the blue and white up for anything

I have no idea. Tamme might be up for best TE, other than that IDK.
Well i hope we have someone who wins
Chris Long - Virginia won the Hendrix Award (Best DE)
Alright, QUESTION?????

How can you be one of three finalist for the Biletnikoff Award (Best WR) and NOT be one of three first team all-american WR's.
Redneck Wrote:Alright, QUESTION?????

How can you be one of three finalist for the Biletnikoff Award (Best WR) and NOT be one of three first team all-american WR's.

No Clue.
Cards09 Wrote:No Clue.

Amazin huh, lol... That's ridiculous.
Doak Walker award (best RB) -DARREN McFadden
2nd time winning it
3rd SEC player to win somthing
Doak Walker Award: Darren McFadden - Arkansas

McFadden joins pothead Ricky Williams as the only two players in NCAA history to win this award back to back years.
HAHA, Corso just interviewed LSU coach Les Miles. I wonder why Herbstreit didn't do the interview, lol.
Disney Spirit Award: Zerbin Singleton - Navy
This has been some yeat in football hate to see it come to an end
Redneck Wrote:Doak Walker Award: Darren McFadden - Arkansas

McFadden joins pothead Ricky Williams as the only two players in NCAA history to win this award back to back years.

Gotta be comforting to McFadden to see how well Williams turned out!!!
Mark Mangino won the coach of the year.
:thatsfunn :lmao:
BFritz Wrote:Gotta be comforting to McFadden to see how well Williams turned out!!!
Redneck Wrote:Alright, QUESTION?????

Alot of these awards are voted on by non-media members.... that's why you get so many variations from the various offensive POY awards and the Heisman....

Crabtree deserved it, he isn't just a system guy either.... flat out could play anywhere in the country.... and if the #1 player in the country (Julio Jones) goes to Texas Tech (one of his five finalist) I wouldn't want to play them next year with Harrell returns....

the bigger question may be if Mike Leach returns... (he supposedly wants the UCLA job pretty badly)...

Mangino was the easy choice of COY, and the Big XII north looks like it will no longer be the little brother to the southern division....

By 2009 Nebraska will have a top 20 defense, and a top 15 teams.... Pellini is the next great young head coach.... reminds me of Stoops....

Colorado is getting some decent recruits, Hawkins can coach (remember it's not just intermurals brotha) and if you think Missou is falling behind you can forget it....