Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 1A Sleeper?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who is the one sleeper team in 1A coming into the playoffs?
Raceland
(10-29-2023, 11:23 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Raceland
I wouldn’t call Raceland a sleeper just because it’s been assumed it is a 2 team race between Pikeville and Raceland all year.  I would consider Campbellsville to be the true sleeper team in 1A.  I know RPI wouldn’t let it happen unless Raceland made it to the finals but I think they are good enough to beat Raceland.  Realistically though I don’t see Raceland beating Pikeville in game 2 to make it that far.
I was kind of making a joke.

I expect Pikeville to win Class A.
Raceland has a decent shot.
Campbellsville is a longshot but it's not unfathomable.
Everyone else is unfathomable.
(10-29-2023, 11:31 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I was kind of making a joke.

I wouldn’t hardly call campbellsville a long shot they are legit they will beat that ass if you sleep on them
(10-29-2023, 11:59 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote: [ -> ]

I wouldn’t hardly call campbellsville a long shot they are legit they will beat that ass if you sleep on them

Hold up on that carwash, gentlemen.
(10-29-2023, 11:59 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote: [ -> ]

Betcha a Diablo sandwich and a Dr Pepper on it
Paris & KCD
It’s hard for me to name a sleeper team in this class since Pikeville and Raceland are by far the best two teams in my opinion. I don’t think their is a team in Class A that can slow down Mike Alstott, I mean Brendan Anthony lol I love watching that kid play football
Campbellsville. I always sleep through their games.

In all seriousness, I don't see anyone other than Raceland and Pikeville being contenders.
Middlesboro's offense will make someone nervous in the playoffs.
Middlesboro hasn’t beaten a team with a pulse. They will get a running clock put on them in Round 3.
How rude!
Will Pikeville and Raceland avoid each other with the RPI?
Chalk talk….

If everything goes as believed and there are no upsets. What are the likely match ups in the region and semis. Correct me if I am wrong but if everyone takes care of business I don’t see a path that that doesn’t lead to a Pikeville/Raceland semi final game.
(10-30-2023, 09:55 AM)Bluecat Wrote: [ -> ]Will Pikeville and Raceland avoid each other with the RPI?

If Pikeville and Raceland advance to the semis and either Campbellsville or KCD lose before then, then Pikeville would host Raceland in the semis.
I think Holy Cross(Lou) is a top 5 1A team, but will be a 3 seed and would beat most of the other 2 seeds, just unfortunate they'll be playing a Campbellsville in the 2nd round.
Sayre is my sleeper.
CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2023] Pikeville (KY) 38 (97%), [2023] Middlesboro (KY) 7 (3%)

For the 'boro fans...this is neutral field, at Pikeville 45-7 sounds about right. Ridiculously weak schedules always get exposed
It Raceland is a sleeper then Pukeville must be dead haha

I’m hoping that NCC can surprise some people. They had some nice looking kids ….just not enough of them. They might play one week longer then some expect
(10-30-2023, 12:54 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
It Raceland is a sleeper then Pukeville must be dead haha

I’m hoping that NCC can surprise some people. They had some nice looking kids ….just not enough of them. They might play one week longer then some expect
We won’t see it because of how RPI is set up but I think NCC and Paris would have been a good game this year.
(10-30-2023, 12:37 PM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]Sayre is my sleeper.

?
(10-30-2023, 06:39 PM)Belichick Wrote: [ -> ]

?

Lol
(10-30-2023, 06:47 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

?

Lol

Sayre returned quite a bit talent from last year and was very young. So they will be pretty good next season as well.
Sayre has several solid athletes so don’t sleep on them. I agree a couple of games they’ve played this year had me scratching my head, but one of those I got an answer for. But Sayre being in a district with Hazard and Pikeville has helped them to see where they have to elevate their game too. Sayre may of feasted on a week district and weak non conference schedule, but they should healthy and I believe peaking at the right time.
(10-30-2023, 08:13 PM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]

?

Lol

Sayre returned quite a bit talent from last year and was very young. So they will be pretty good next season as well.
Sayre has several solid athletes so don’t sleep on them. I agree a couple of games they’ve played this year had me scratching my head, but one of those I got an answer for. But Sayre being in a district with Hazard and Pikeville has helped them to see where they have to elevate their game too. Sayre may of feasted on a week district and weak non conference schedule, but they should healthy and I believe peaking at the right time.
Sayre made the weakest schedule imaginable bac, it never works ever. Their season ends in a beatdown. They got ousted by Harlan by 35 last year lol
(10-30-2023, 08:23 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

?

Lol

Sayre made the weakest schedule imaginable bac, it never works ever. Their season ends in a beatdown. They got ousted by Harlan by 35 last year lol

Yes they did. They ran into a veteran senior lead team. Plus they had 4 turnovers and I believe 3 was INTs.
Yes it most definitely is weak, but I don’t believe they end their season in a beat down. I expect the final 4 in the East before the 4th round to be Pikeville vs. Middlesboro and Sayre vs Raceland.
(10-30-2023, 11:05 PM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2023, 06:39 PM)Belichick Wrote: [ -> ]?

Lol

Yes they did. They ran into a veteran senior lead team. Plus they had 4 turnovers and I believe 3 was INTs.
Yes it most definitely is weak, but I don’t believe they end their season in a beat down. I expect the final 4 in the East before the 4th round to be Pikeville vs. Middlesboro and Sayre vs Raceland.
I hear you loud and clear but Raceland is battle tested and Sayre isn't to say the least. If Sayre faces Raceland or Pikeville, especially Pikeville lol it will be over way before halftime
(10-30-2023, 11:19 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2023, 11:05 PM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2023, 06:47 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Lol

I hear you loud and clear but Raceland is battle tested and Sayre isn't to say the least. If Sayre faces Raceland or Pikeville, especially Pikeville lol it will be over way before halftime

Pikeville has shown there a step above the rest. Raceland definitely is battle tested, can’t argue with that. I don’t really like comparing scores but last year Sayre had Hazard beat last year only losing by 4 late in the 4th. Hazard loses to Raceland later in the playoffs by 3. So I think Sayre can play by comparing scores. But like I said I don’t like comparing. Sayre also beat Paris last year 15-12. But let’s get back to this year. Sayre should be better than last year. I myself think Raceland and Pikeville aren’t as good as last year. But heck it be hard to be with what both lost.
It’s not what they lost it’s what they have on the field now. Pikeville is loaded it’s just taking a little time. You saw what they did to Hazard it was way over before halftime and their best RB didn’t carry the ball once. Last year has nothing to do with it Pikeville will beat Sayre by 50 if they play
I don't think there is a sleeper. Pikeville is the team to beat. Raceland is probably the only team that has a real shot at knocking them off, but not likely.
Pages: 1 2 3