Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cream Puff Bowl (Round one Playoffs)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Get them clocks oil changed boys, them babies will be running wide open this coming first round playoff night.   Seriously is there any competitive games happening.  

Change the system KHSAA, allow the teams 2 extra games and take winner and runners up to playoffs, stop teams from traveling 200 miles to have a running clock by the half.   It's insane.
Cream puffs UNITE!!!!! Forfeit these meaningless games!! Hahaha
I've listed the most competitive games in the Pick'Ems, and they are slim pickings at best!!!

Cream puff bowl!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile
Go back to 5 classes
Need another class 1AA schools with less than 85 boys in school m….. Let’s go Williamsburg
Yes, let’s add three more classes!! Seriously, a Class B for the smallest 20 schools; and a Class P for all privates regardless of size.

Finally, bring back 8 man football and play it on Thursdays. You could also use this as a training ground for prospective varsity officials.

Then, literally any boy in the state that wanted to play football would have a chance.

BUT then we only take the top two in every district and one WILD CARD TEAM FEOM EACH REGION!

Overall ONE a seed in the region gets a bye and the wild card team is the one team that doesn’t qualify with the best record vs other teams in that region.

Thoughts?

(10-29-2023, 06:20 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, let’s add three more classes!!  Seriously, a Class B for the smallest 20 schools; and a Class P for all privates regardless of size.

Finally, bring back 8 man football and play it on Thursdays.  You could also use this as a training ground for prospective varsity officials.

Then, literally any boy in the state that wanted to play football would have a chance.

BUT then we only take the top two in every district and one WILD CARD TEAM FROM EACH REGION!

Overall ONE a seed in the region gets a bye and the wild card team is the one team that doesn’t qualify with the best record vs other teams in that region.

Thoughts?

I don’t know why it doubled my post. I was attempting to edit a mis-spelled word; sorry.
3 classes, 4 rounds. Man up. I’ll agree to 4 classes. No more than that!
(10-29-2023, 06:20 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, let’s add three more classes!!  Seriously, a Class B for the smallest 20 schools; and a Class P for all privates regardless of size.

Finally, bring back 8 man football and play it on Thursdays.  You could also use this as a training ground for prospective varsity officials.

BUT then we only take the top two in every district and one WILD CARD TEAM FEOM EACH REGION!

Thoughts?

BUT then we only take the top two in every district and one WILD CARD TEAM FROM EACH REGION!

Thoughts?

I don’t know why it doubled my post.  I was attempting to edit a mis-spelled word; sorry.
I’m not sure if anyone remembers but back when 8 man football was a thing KCD was one of the programs that participated.  I think 8 man football was a good concept for programs that struggle to field competitive teams to build themselves up to eventually being competitive.  As for a private school class, in theory it sounds good until you consider the fact that schools like NCC would be playing Trinity or St. X.
When I saw creme puffs, I got hungry....
(10-29-2023, 10:17 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: [ -> ]Get them clocks oil changed boys, them babies will be running wide open this coming first round playoff night.   Seriously is there any competitive games happening.  

Change the system KHSAA, allow the teams 2 extra games and take winner and runners up to playoffs, stop teams from traveling 200 miles to have a running clock by the half.   It's insane.

Only if they only take top 2 in every other sport.
One class. One champion.

Then you can really see the whining
(10-29-2023, 10:44 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]One class. One champion.

The real problem is the lack of uniformity across all sports in the whole state.  There shouldn’t be 6 classes in football, 3 classes in XC and track, and 1 class in everything else.  The way things are set up in KY makes no sense at all.
I come back to the question: what purpose does this serve? I don't know anyone biting their nails over the outcome of first round games. There could be an upset but most of these matchups are gratuitously lopsided. Go to four classes and restructure RPI. Make these tournaments really matter.
I personally believe that you could squeeze it down to 5 classes and be fine. My biggest opinion is that if you win a certain amount of championships in a specific class in a 4 year calignment ycle then you automatically get bumped up a class in the next realignment cycle.
(10-29-2023, 03:42 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I've listed the most competitive games in the Pick'Ems, and they are slim pickings at best!!!

Cream puff bowl!!! :) :) :) :)

I think in 3A out west we should have some decent first round matchups. Glasgow at McLean County is two 8-2 teams with what I would consider fairly comparable schedules. The fact that Glasgow has to come to MC, where the Cougars haven't lost a game in 2 years makes it a little more interesting to me. I think on paper that's the best matchup but I'm not sure even the 1-4 games with be running clockers.
I missed it. When I look at the playing schedules, I can click on the teams and see their record. I don't do that for every team; it'd take longer to do that than it takes to score the results!! Smile
11 regular season games, 4 classes, top 2 teams make the playoffs.
The 6 classes for football is absurd, makes no sense in a state the size of Kentucky. If you don't want to include the private schools don't, make them play in a separate class for playoffs, but the way things are setup now is ridiculous.
Every year, same shit. LOL
I guess I’m gonna take the other side.

Let’s say you’re a kid who loves football. Let’s say you’re at a school that isn’t good but you love your school and you stay, play, give it all.

Sure would be nice to get a chance to see a playoff game.

Or I guess you could transfer but then people want to b**** about that too.

That one game means nothing to the powerhouses but everything to that kid. Who cares. It’s a glorified warm game. Take your home field advantage and shut the hell up.

Means more to that kid than it does to anyone else.
(10-30-2023, 09:54 PM)DangerMouse Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I’m gonna take the other side.

Let’s say you’re a kid who loves football. Let’s say you’re at a school that isn’t good but you love your school and you stay, play, give it all.

Sure would be nice to get a chance to see a playoff game.

Or I guess you could transfer but then people want to b**** about that too.

That one game means nothing to the powerhouses but everything to that kid. Who cares. It’s a glorified warm game. Take your home field advantage and shut the hell up.

Means more to that kid than it does to anyone else.
Let’s flip that.  What about the starters on the powerhouse team that barely get to play a quarter and loses valuable reps because the system is designed to give the kid on a bad team a full game?

I’ve also played on a bad team that made the playoffs and everyone on our team was ready to pack it up in the last game of the regular season and no one wanted to take a 3 hour bus ride to get hammered.
Quit whining about classes and let the kids play Smile
(10-31-2023, 06:55 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Quit whining about classes and let the kids play Smile
If that’s the argument then would be said if one of the powerhouse teams didn’t let up at all and played their starters for the entire game against one of the 0-10 teams so they could let their kids play?
(10-31-2023, 10:36 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2023, 06:55 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Quit whining about classes and let the kids play Smile
If that’s the argument then would be said if one of the powerhouse teams didn’t let up at all and played their starters for the entire game against one of the 0-10 teams so they could let their kids play?

if the professional teams that recruit don't want to be bothered with playing against the lowly peasants they should be in a different league. They should be anyway.

Let them, there's a running clock. Any coach choosing to do that would be dumb as hell. The 0-10 team would start taking cheap shots and said coach / team is only risking unecessary injury.
If I counted correctly, there were 16 first round games where the lower seed went to the higher seeds place and came out victorious.
(10-29-2023, 10:17 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: [ -> ]Get them clocks oil changed boys, them babies will be running wide open this coming first round playoff night.   Seriously is there any competitive games happening.  

I disagree, I think it's great for Seniors who have a great season to get the opportunity to host and win a home playoff game in their last season. 

If teams don't want to travel 200 miles to get a running clock put on them then I have a very practical solution. I think they should work harder and play better so they could be hosting a playoff game instead of riding a bus to one.
(10-29-2023, 11:09 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]

The real problem is the lack of uniformity across all sports in the whole state.  There shouldn’t be 6 classes in football, 3 classes in XC and track, and 1 class in everything else.  The way things are set up in KY makes no sense at all.

completely agree. I also don’t know why girls sports don’t kick out privates and vote them out. A public school has never won a state vball title in this state. And look at soccer, etc

I would do this. It’d be like playing a maxed out video game team against the worst. Imagine the records that could be broken! 
maybe if they do this they’ll fix it. Nobody is in coaching to make friends anyways

(10-29-2023, 11:09 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]

completely agree. I also don’t know why girls sports don’t kick out privates and vote them out. A public school has never won a state vball title in this state. And look at soccer, etc
I can't believe that this has never been brought up before. These ideas are revolutionary. All the years that we've had 6 classes and we're just now looking at this....amazing. I'm sure this thread will be a game changer once people read it.