Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland Rams 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They should be RAM TOUGH next year returning what they are. They will be loaded.!!!
I see a potential Hazard vs. Raceland game next season in the playoffs....lol
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:They should be RAM TOUGH next year returning what they are. They will be loaded.!!!
I hope not.
I think next year's game will be another 3+ td win for the Devils, hopefully that will be the last year playing the little red headed step kids down the road. I feel bad playing them. Kinda feel like I'm picking on a middle schooler.
haha i dont think that they will be better then they were this year but you never know good luck to them
Is Raceland the school that breeds kickers?
i've only known of one kicker but if you wanna call that breeding then sure.
RedDevil_TE Wrote:i've only known of one kicker but if you wanna call that breeding then sure.

I've just always heard that they have really good kickers. It may have just been one though.
I do think that raceland will be better than they are this year. lose to many i think.
EkyLb Wrote:I think next year's game will be another 3+ td win for the Devils, hopefully that will be the last year playing the little red headed step kids down the road. I feel bad playing them. Kinda feel like I'm picking on a middle schooler.
Isn't the eighth grade their senior year?
WHAT ?????????????
We have them next year and from what I have heard is that we will keep them on the schedule from here on out unless we have a restructure.........
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:WHAT ?????????????
We have them next year and from what I have heard is that we will keep them on the schedule from here on out unless we have a restructure.........
I think its only a two year deal.
Yea I thought that too, but until the realignment in 09 comes and if there are no real big changes, we will keep them onthe schedule..........
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Yea I thought that too, but until the realignment in 09 comes and if there are no real big changes, we will keep them onthe schedule..........
They are gone (thank God) and Ironton is in.
I know we picked up Ironton but that was to fill the Simon Kenton game, A certain someone said that we were going to continue to play them. Thats what he told me...........
FBALL Wrote:They are gone (thank God) and Ironton is in.

That is what I'm being told. Now that will be fun playing Ironton. I don't see them being down for long. My understanding is that the transfers are already being talked about. The new kids should arrive in July.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I know we picked up Ironton but that was to fill the Simon Kenton game, A certain someone said that we were going to continue to play them. Thats what he told me...........
When I see a certain someone I will suggest we don't. I would rather keep Simon Kenton or pick up another bigger school.

Let Raceland fill that cracker box with someone else.
Jeepman Wrote:That is what I'm being told. Now that will be fun playing Ironton. I don't see them being down for long. My understanding is that the transfers are already being talked about. The new kids should arrive in July.

HUH??????????
FBALL Wrote:When I see a certain someone I will suggest we don't. I would rather keep Simon Kenton or pick up another bigger school.

Let Raceland fill that cracker box with someone else.

Amen brother
OKay here is the ugly truth about Raceland........Russell does not want to play them becasue by right we should beat them. If we win --well we were suppose to... IF WE LOOSE,, well then Raceland was the giant killer.. Yea I know that you dont want to play in those types of games but here is the flip of the coin. Raceland gave us more competition than 3 of the 4 district opponenets we faced this year. Other than Ashland, they came the closest to beating us on the field. It may be a thorn in everyones side on here who is a Red Devil fan BUT........ You can not pass up playing a team that gives you better competition than you 3/4 of you district and played well in there division. If you want to argue playing higher ranked schools in class.. lets look uuuhhmmm:
AAAA
Greenup 3-7 in the regular season
Boyd Co 4-6 int the regular season
Lawrence Co 1-9 inthe reg.season
AAAAA
Ashland 2-8 regular season
AAAAAA
Simon Kenton 6-4 regular season

Then you have Raceland A, why not play them??????
It just makes us look afraid to play them, line up across from the guy in front of you on Friday and PLAY BALL !!!!!!!!
Or are we afraid??????????????????
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:OKay here is the ugly truth about Raceland........Russell does not want to play them becasue by right we should beat them. If we win --well we were suppose to... IF WE LOOSE,, well then Raceland was the giant killer.. Yea I know that you dont want to play in those types of games but here is the flip of the coin. Raceland gave us more competition than 3 of the 4 district opponenets we faced this year. Other than Ashland, they came the closest to beating us on the field. It may be a thorn in everyones side on here who is a Red Devil fan BUT........ You can not pass up playing a team that gives you better competition than you 3/4 of you district and played well in there division. If you want to argue playing higher ranked schools in class.. lets look uuuhhmmm:
AAAA
Greenup 3-7 in the regular season
Boyd Co 4-6 int the regular season
Lawrence Co 1-9 inthe reg.season
AAAAA
Ashland 2-8 regular season
AAAAAA
Simon Kenton 6-4 regular season

Then you have Raceland A, why not play them??????
It just makes us look afraid to play them, line up across from the guy in front of you on Friday and PLAY BALL !!!!!!!!
Or are we afraid??????????????????

You can pass it up. Its a choice.

I don't care if they are better than half of our district, which is false by the way. East Carter beat them, West Carter beat them and So would Mason County. That leaves Lewis County.

I don't care if they are a "giant killer", I'm not afraid of playing them. I can't stand most of their fans or their "OH WOE IS ME" attitude. Let them cry and play somebody else. The signs that the administration let them bring to the field for the game says enough about them. I say let them rot.

Lets line up in front of anybody else and play on fridays. I don't give a rats rump how it looks.
The team has nothing to gain from playing Raceland, except maybe some extra money to the schools. A team that cannot beat East and West doesn't deserve to be on our schedule, we only play E&W because they are in our district and we have no choice. Russell needs to schedule some more out of state schools. Our area in football is pretty weak, with the exception of a handful of teams. There's a huge drop off between your top tier teams and your 2nd tier teams. Need to schedule a good WV team, like when Russell played Pakersburg. Maybe find another good WV school that is closer, with the addition of Ironton, We could play a good team form Oh,Wv, and maybe try to find a team in Tenn or Virginia.
I agree, we should play other schools that will give us a challenge. It would be nice to pick up some strong West Virginia schools, some strong Ohio schools........but when you contact schools and they dont want to play YOU.. It makes it difficult at times.....
I agree about playing tougher opponents,, but you have to play who will play you. I know that last year when schedules changed the AD at Russell tried to get some really good challenges for the Devils and had difficulties due to scheduling conflicts. Highlands, Beechwood and Danville were in the running for games but they did not make the schedule... So it goes back to playing who you can --when you can.
Why dont we play Fairview????? just wondering...If we have the attitude that we should not schedule a lesser class team then why should a higher classification team schedule us????
Fair is fair.!!!!
Because Russell is a much more competitive school than Raceland. I wouldn't expect Trinity or St. X or some of those teams to schedule us. Why wouldn't they schedule us though? Oh for the same reasons we shouldn't schedule Raceland. Wouldn't be much of a game. I'm sure there's plenty of teams out there, that would schedule us who are much better than Raceland. We should make Raceland a scrimmage. Schedule cabel Midland or SV as a regular season game. The Raceland squad would make for good practice dummies.
Guys, Raceland looks to us as we look to the 5A/6A schools. Makes us better having played a hard schedule. I wish we would pick up Johnson Central and Sheldon Clark and Throw in Man or Spring Valley. Ironton Is already a go.
Now since this thread was originally about what kind of team Raceland will have next year. They will be very good and legitamate contender in 1A. They return most of there starters on both sides of the ball. The will be well coached and aggressive.
So where are all the Raceland people on this thread? You guys are like fighting (debating) with each other rather than the ones from Raceland. IMO Russell can stomp the guts out of Raceland at any year. Yes, they played us well....but they will never have the depth that a larger schools have. Yes they have wonderful coaches there but without talent in several places rather than just a medeocre bunch of kids and one really talented kid a team their size cannot compete with the larger schools of this area. Yes they did beat Ashland but I think a whole bunch of teams did too. Some schools go through a period when all the talent leaves in one year and doesn't catch up until a year or two later. Russell was young this year. We had a few return but only a few. Raceland will have a tremendous team and I look for them to be in the finals next year.
Rams will be ok for single A. If Russell doesnt want to play us, then don't. I agree,I don't think Russell gains anything from it. But, if Raceland wins, their fans will crow forever about it. Raceland may not beat Russell regularly, but they will some. Can the mighty Devils live with it? This rivalry used to be a battle back in the day.
Its a new millineum
Denton should be one of the best all around players in the area. The rams will have to find replacements for Carver and Sparks. That may be tough.
Pages: 1 2