Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCA 48 Raceland 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final 
Hensley is a beast. I'm very happy he will be going to EKU.
Congratulations to LCA
This game played out about how I thought it would. Raceland played hard but LCA just had a better team. The LCA offense was as good as advertised but I was more impressed with their defense. They were a very physical team and it was hard to move the ball against them. They will be a tough out for anyone they face in the 2A playoffs.
I still think their bread and butter is Hensley he is a very good running back
(10-27-2023, 11:31 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]I still think their bread and butter is Hensley he is a very good running back
I agree.  I thought he was their best offensive weapon.  I actually wasn’t that impressed with Boley.  Don’t get me wrong he is a very good player but I just didn’t see a “wow” factor with him.
How does this games outcome, Pikeville beating Boyd, and both the KCD and Cville losses affect the RPI?
Screw the RPI!
I agree OB, I think the LCA defense has taken a back seat hype wise to their offense with Boley and Hensley, but they are very very fast and physical. Rains has done a fantastic job with them this year. If they win a championship this year, I think it will be on the shoulders of that defense. Good luck to both teams through the playoffs.
Closer than expected.
I know Belfry did the same with their schedule a few years back but it will be interesting to see if that holds true for Raceland. The schedule they have played is second to none, regardless of the RPI, you still have to play and win. I think this schedule has put Raceland in a position to make it deep un challenged. The question is, can they finally get over the hump. I hope so for the Rams. They deserve it
(10-28-2023, 08:14 AM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]Closer than expected.

It was 26-0, and 34-7 before Raceland got a couple of window dressing scores. It was never close.
No the game was never close. There was a big difference in this game and the highlands game though. Hensleys first two touches going to the house created a hole we weren’t getting out of. But we kept fighting. Defensively we settled down and made them earn what they got. Aginst Highlands, it looked like we just laid down. This type of game was needed after the district games lacked any competition. This weeks game results though, across 1A affected how the playoffs will go. Raceland will likely travel to Pikeville if both advance to the regional finals. Am I wrong thinking that?
(10-28-2023, 10:22 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: [ -> ]No the game was never close. There was a big difference in this game and the highlands game though.  Hensleys first two touches going to the house created a hole we weren’t getting out of. But we kept fighting. Defensively we settled down and made them earn what they got. Aginst Highlands, it looked like we just laid down. This type of game was needed after the district games lacked any competition. This weeks game results though, across 1A affected how the playoffs will go. Raceland will likely travel to Pikeville if both advance to the regional finals. Am I wrong thinking that?

Raceland will go to the winner of the Paris/ Sayre (sp?) game.
That’s even worse lol. The possibility of playing on the road against a district opponent AFTER winning the district is nothing less than a crock of shit
(10-28-2023, 10:34 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: [ -> ]That’s even worse lol. The possibility of playing on the road against a district opponent AFTER winning the district is nothing less than a crock of shit
I think the vessel you picked to contain said shit can’t possibly hold the amount of shit that you’re trying to describe.More like a rock truck full of shit haha
Not that impressed with Cutter Boley. When it comes to their offense Hensley is where the points come from. I mean the kid is really talented. Boley, not so much. I remember in the early season when we (Pikeville) played them at their place, really no one seemed impressed. Several passes off target, timing, etc. was exposed. Not meaning to bash him but imo he just didn't live up to the hype as a future wildcat. As far as offensive skill Hensley's running abilities won that game and apparently this one too.
(10-28-2023, 12:38 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: [ -> ]Not that impressed with Cutter Boley. When it comes to their offense Hensley is where the points come from. I mean the kid is really talented. Boley, not so much. I remember in the early season when we (Pikeville) played them at their place, really no one seemed impressed. Several passes off target, timing, etc. was exposed. Not meaning to bash him but imo he just didn't live up to the hype as a future wildcat. As far as offensive skill Hensley's running abilities won that game and apparently this one too.
I said the same thing last night.  He had a cannon for an arm but I wasn’t impressed with his pocket presence and accuracy.  Hensley was the real deal though.  He reminded me a lot of Blake Birchfield.  He is a guy that you might stop for a drive or two but you weren’t going to stop him for 4 quarters and could take it to the house on any given play.
Whoever recruited #11 and #42 deserves a state championship ring from Coach Charles. Without those two, no one would even talk about LCA this season. Everyone talks about Boley. 42 and 11 are the best players on this team and it’s not even close.
(10-28-2023, 01:04 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]Whoever recruited #11 and #42 deserves a state championship ring from Coach Charles. Without those two, no one would even talk about LCA this season. Everyone talks about Boley. 42 and 11 are the best players on this team and it’s not even close.
Totally agree. #42 Hensley reminds me of Birchfield with more speed, & #11 reminds me of #0 on UK's defensive unit. Size & speed like a running back.
I agree 100%
(10-28-2023, 01:07 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2023, 01:04 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]Whoever recruited #11 and #42 deserves a state championship ring from Coach Charles. Without those two, no one would even talk about LCA this season. Everyone talks about Boley. 42 and 11 are the best players on this team and it’s not even close.
Totally agree. #42 Hensley reminds me of Birchfield with more speed, & #11 reminds me of #0 on UK's defensive unit. Size & speed like a running back.
I’m surprised they don’t use #11 on offense.  He would be a handful to try to bring down and as a blocker he could create huge holes to run through.
(10-28-2023, 01:13 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2023, 01:07 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]
I’m surprised they don’t use #11 on offense.  He would be a handful to try to bring down and as a blocker he could create huge holes to run through.
 They do have plays with him on offense when they need to use him.
My prediction for playoffs:

1st round Pikeville 52, blahblahblahblah 0 Raceland 52, blahblahblahblah 0
2nd round Pikeville 52, who cares 0 Raceland 52, who cares 0
3rd round Pikeville 52, Middlesboro 20 Raceland 48, Paris/Sayre all stars 14
Semis Pikeville 35, Campbellsville 14 Raceland 42, KCD Fighting RPIs 14
Finals Pikeville 0-35???, Raceland 7
(10-28-2023, 07:41 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]My prediction for playoffs:

Funny Jet  Smile Even though I know you are serious. 
In all seriousness, are you basing the finals on the re-seeding after round 3 or the RPI as it stands right now?
(10-28-2023, 07:50 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]

In all seriousness, are you basing the finals on the re-seeding after round 3 or the RPI as it stands right now?

Both Ric although I could be wrong this is how RPI shakes out.
(10-28-2023, 07:51 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2023, 07:50 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]

Both Ric although I could be wrong this is how RPI shakes out.
Thanks Jet.
This RPI stuff is ridiculous in a lot of ways. If Raceland & Pikeville have to meet before the Finals then it's shameful.
“Fighting RPIs” is right up there with when “bring a large sack of money” was first stated JP! That’s good stuff.
Right there with the "CryingRPIs". Seems their are some that will cry about any possible path their team may travel.
RPI is irrelevant. It’s all settled on the field. RPI will never cause a team to get beat.
That #11 is aBEAST
Pages: 1 2